GOG Connect is Active For Summer Sale 2018!!!

The “Friends Only” setting for your library was a default after that Steam patch a few months ago. So everyone had to set it to public again. This was the reason that Steam Spy was hit massively and had to shut down–or at least no longer have accurate information.

The GOG Connect specifies that you can only refresh once every 2 hrs, so you might want to wait that time frame. After all, the GOG Connect offers will be up for quite a few days, so it should refresh and pick up, hopefully. :smile:

3 Likes

If that scan doesn’t work, contact Customer Service…tell them what is happening and ask them to reset your connection. I have had to do that ONCE a few years ago…

4 Likes

:+1:
yup, turns out that is the case, -apparently Connect doesn’t auto check in periodically say like ITAD, unless you actually “use” it
and some “congestion in the tubes” might happen where you just have to wait then due to traffic/processing like the others said (@delenn13 can tell all about the tangled web that is the tubes holding electric digitality) :joy:
if games doesn’t show, (when you’ve set your profile+library public), after 1-2 refreshes+Xhours, then contacting support is definitely your option and way to go, and they will ask some info if to verify and sort things out
(if a simple “reset” doesn’t fix it ofc, which often is the case, no idea how a “digital system” gets “clogged” but apparently happens :man_shrugging: :smile:)

4 Likes

9 Likes

I just got Sunless Sea from GOG because I got another pinball game. They have the best selection…Living up to their Original name…Good Old Games!:joy: That’s how I got all those Myst games too.

6 Likes

Heard Sunless Sea is pretty good! :smiley:

1 Like

And not a bad deal either. Got a pinball game for 6.59 CA had to spend 6.49CA or 5.00US to get Sunless Sea for free.

5 Likes

the deal is insane,
17€ and you unlock rime (+sunless sea)
might i just add, those 17€ alone, is less than the cheapest Rime has been discounted for -solo
and here you get it +sunless sea, along the games you are actually just buying anyway :dizzy_face:
total no brainer for me to just blow the wad early and get the unlock tier, it’s an insane deal -especially when you are basically getting them free like that by buying an already crazy cheap buttload of games… :face_with_head_bandage:how do these people even make money?!

7 Likes

I tried a demo/free weekend/whatever of Sunless Sea and it is indeed pretty good. It’s a quite original game and it’s not for absolutely everyone but it’s very well done.

2 Likes

You peeps always say this and I usually disagree because USD, but this is a deal I can actually get behind since GOG is the best when it comes to regional pricing – even better than Steam.

Since I had a plan to buy more games there and less on steam anyways… Guess I’m in. Let’s pray those people actually pay me and I don’t regret this Hahaha :butterfly:

4 Likes

:wink: -part of the no brainer aspect for me
i believe Rime is 20$ normally, but because of their regional pricing it becomes 16€ for me, which was still even a few cents less than the “actual” euro price (16.20)for regular EU’zens
-i was kicking myself when i found out my itad had been ignoring GoG and was set to only notify if a game was activated on steam :confounded:,
since some games either beat steam via regional price, or a few even gives that “cashback” of that 1$/1€ policy they have where they can :smiley:

3 Likes

GOG regional pricing is indeed great. The only reason I’ve bought RiME at full price is because I’ve been credited back of around 10 Euro and then got another game with that amount.

3 Likes

Well… guess imma buy some GOGs at GOG, guys. Any thoughts on my choices because I press that ‘buy dis’ button?

1. I already played Primordia and it’s one of my lifetime passions. I’m buying it here also because of a) huge discount b) extras c) replaying it with my dad.
  2. Zork is amazing and it introduced me to adventure games when I was wee small. My dad also filed them some bug reports back in the day and got a thank you letter for finding out that if you got into the boat and entered the command ‘set boat on fire’, the game crashed. My dad is cool, I know.
  3. Never played Vampire Bloodlines, Fate of Atlantis, Sam & Max Hit the Road and Gemini Rue. I know I’m missing out. This is me making amends.
  4. Broken Sword and Testament were pretty cool last I played them.
8 Likes

dis good
:heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Before reading your numbers I was gonna scream PRIMORDIA!

After reading them I will say exactly the same: Primordia!

3 Likes

Broken Sword 5 is pretty cool, you should play it if you haven’t already. Shame that Thimbleweed Park isn’t on sale at the moment, that one is fantastic.

3 Likes

I own both, thank you for the recommends! Solid advice. (:

2 Likes

Nice find, thank you.

4 Likes

Remember, folks:

There’s no such thing as owning too many copies of Psychonauts.

4 Likes