Giveaway Aviary Attorney [Ended]

Ok another giveaway

Aviary Attorney

http://store.steampowered.com/app/384630/Aviary_Attorney/

header

This is a game that went on and off my wishlist many times and now I have it and I am giving one away…
There are a few genres that I dont like at all, one of them are VN games (I also dont like action, FPS, platformers and maybe a few more)
BUT…one game(s) I did like on the Nintendo ds and 3ds Ace Attorney or Phoenix Wright
Thanks to Steam I got a little addicted to… :blush: Achievements (not those achievement spam games, but normal games with normal achievements)
And this game doesnt have any :frowning: So I doubt I will ever play it
Sometimes I wish Steam games never had achievements at all or that I could set myself up to removing them from my profile so I would probably enjoy games more.

So I decided to give away my a HumbleMonthly link for this game

Rules if you enter:

• You have to be a member for at least 3 days (72 hours)
  • Have at least 3 badges
  • Tell me please how you feel about steam achievements (just curious)
  • you have to activate this game on your own account (so dont give it away to others, if you win it you need to befriend me (you later can unfriend me later if you want) at steam, so I can check you dont own this game and activate it) (if you do not want this its simple dont enter :D)
  • Please be a nice and only enter if you want to play this, if you dont have any intentions to play this one give others a chance
  • The winner will be chosen by a random name pick (I will ask the winner for his/her steam id in a PM)
  • this giveaway will end 18th March at 20.00 CET
18 Likes

:+1:
not entering, i already have this game, -just wanted to say thx, again, for doing this Yoshi :hugs:
:trophy:

6 Likes

also not entering, game looks weird af, but

6 Likes

As someone who enjoyed both Phoenix Wright and Hatoful Boyfriend, and who is into pseudo-Victorian fiction, I’ve been curious about this game for a while. I’d like to enter!

I like reasonable achievements in games, but I wish Steam didn’t make such a big deal of achievements. Account levels and all that are a big contributing reason to why Steam is so full of achievement hunter (and trading card) trash. I wish achievements could just be an informational thing rather than something you get points/rewards for accumulating.
I also agree it would be nice to disable/hide them. I like achievements overall, but the notifications can really ruin the mood. I like it when games hold off on actually granting the achievements until you’re in a menu or until you start up the game later, instead of allowing the pop-ups to happen while you’re playing.

8 Likes

For me since I care about achievements, I find it difficult to play games without achievements…and thats weird. Before I didnt even care about those (otherwise I would have a + 90% completion
And I think Aviary Attorney is like Ace but because it doesnt have any achievements I probably wouldnt play it tbh I find it outrageous I think this way :scream:

7 Likes

Hold on a second…achievements have no impact upon Steam Levels/experience. People even use achievement unlocker tools to accumulate achievements. Look at this profile - you can tell the achievements have been unlocked via a tool because they are all awarded at the same time. I generally have enough OCD to go for achievements I deem manageable, but if a game has too many it puts me off them entirely. Sometimes achievements make you enjoy a game in a whole new way, and so in the main I’m in favour of them. (Not entering, just commenting)

5 Likes

@yoshirules, you have been around for a little while, and you have been more than kind in your time here. We really appreciate you being here already. And thank you again for your acts of kindness!

In any case, this game looks interesting, I am considering dipping into the drawing for this one, because it looks like fun… Okay, count me in on this one. :slight_smile:

@DanosaurJr, @techparadox, you two should enter too! I see it on your wishlists! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

What on earth is the point of having _achieve_ments if you are not achieving them? I just don’t understand at all…

5 Likes

Whoops, my apologies. For some reason I thought they had an impact. …now I’m even more confused though, if achievements don’t impact anything, why do so many people care about getting achievements in otherwise pointless games <_>

Thanks for bringing up achievements that change the way you enjoy a game. I usually enjoy these, but I’ve also seen achievements that try to encourage ways of playing I don’t find enjoyable. Particularly egregious are achievements asking you to die in specific ways. A more innocuous example is achievements encouraging aggressive play in stealth games - I’m sure plenty of people enjoy those, but for me they’re not fun at all.

7 Likes

Not entering but thanks for the giveaway, @yoshirules.:heart_eyes:

P.S. I sent you a friend request on Steam. Hope you don’t mind.

7 Likes

Oh its you no ofc I dont mind :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I’ve got to enter this giveaway because the Ace Attorney series is simply amazing, and this looks like a fun game in a similar vein. Also, you’re a fancy, frilly bird, what could be better than that? :bird: :business_suit_levitating:

Achievement-wise, I kind of feel pulled in both the directions of caring greatly about achievements, and not caring at all about achievements. Primarily, when I play a game, I want to be told a good story, which often leads me down the road of playing point-and-click adventure games or other similar game genres. Generally, when I have beaten a game, I’ll be happy with my experience and not feel the need to go back and find the rest of the achievements. On the other hand, if I’m playing a puzzle game or action game, I’ll tend to care a bit more about achievements, but still not so much.
I guess my 23% steam achievement rate says it all. (Although most of that is probably from civ 5 having 10 million achievements)

8 Likes

Thanks for the heads up @YQMaoski!

I’ll throw my hat in the ring for Aviary Attorney. It reminds me a little of the Phoenix Wright games, which I enjoyed back on the DS.

As for Steam achievements, I like getting achievements, but won’t go out of my way to get them - unless it’s a game I really love and want to try to 100%. I was a bit more obsessed with achievement hunting back on the Xbox 360, where achievements increased your gamerscore. On Steam, they feel kind of pointless… but are still nice to have.

Thanks for another fine giveaway @yoshirules!

9 Likes

I’m also not going to enter this one, I think others would enjoy this game more than me, but I think it’s a very cool thing to do :open_mouth:

8 Likes

Not entering

I like getting achievements for doing something in the game that you usually wouldn’t do, kinda like a secret thing. Some achievements are given for progressing in the game, that’s an achievement in itself but I don’t think it to be one to be mentioned as an achievement unless you did it in a certain way.
I do and I don’t like secret achievements, I don’t pay a lot of attention to what achievements I get but if I come across an achievement page and see secret achievement it bugs me out a bit, I want to at least have a hint to what its for. On the other hand playing a game and getting the secret achievement makes things a little more complete.

8 Likes

Not entering either, but figured I would weigh in as well.

I can’t speak for others, but the 35% Average Achievement/game on steam is part of how I determine my worth as a human being.

Also, I find that achievements are often ways for games to interact with the player beyond the game itself… So I like them.

9 Likes

Ohh, the art style is gorgeous on this one, I like it, and want it.

I like Chevos as long as (deep breath)

• They’re not luck based
  • They’re game contained
  • They can be achieved by playing solo
  • They don’t require a tedious time investment
  • They don’t restrict content from the game
  • And they’re actually achievements

I consider cheevos part of the game, they are just another checklist of sort, not much different from getting every Item in RPG’s or route in VN’s.

9 Likes

the game art is really good too bad i’m not that keen on vn style, especially on game that’s heavily story implemented that may branch to many posibilities so i’m not entering, since i believe if i play game like i this i can’t fall asleep thinking about what will happen next xD

Achievement wise i think it doesn’t even matter for me if it exist or not, in some game that need time to mastered achievement i think is a great think to add, since it allow you to play more or to prevent boredom, in casual kind of game achievement will do good if it reward you with something feature unlock/in-game currency/etc
in competitive gaming i think achievement only will be fun if you’re on top of peak/challenging yourself further since it make the game more challenging and it will be great if it also reward you with something so yeah…
in that manner i think steam achievement is hardly a problem, unless you’re a person obssesed with achievemnt :roll_eyes:

9 Likes

We don’t deserve you @yoshirules

I saw Dodger play this game a while a go and :thinking: :thinking: I’m entering

I like achivements on paper, when you do something and there’s a funny joke they’re fine… Like breaking the 4th wall, Due to my short attention spawn achivements don’t really affect my playstyle for more than a few seconds so… Mwe I could go without them.

Since It’s 6:00 I’ll add you when I wake up. You deserve cute pics of animals at least

6 Likes

Did somebody say “cute pics of animals?”

You may recognize this chap from my profile. He was just a wee lad when this photo was taken. Note the snazzy bow tie :smile:

And now we wait for @Gnuffi to post an adorable piglet.

9 Likes