Giveaway Aviary Attorney [Ended]

not entering, and not into VN games.

but this one looks weird, wanted to try and won it at steamgifts. i like it, really like it… artstyle is beautiful, gameplay is good, and it really shows all the love dev put in. plenty of little things that will make you smile. not for anybody, but a great one for somebody!

thanks a ton, @yoshirules!

7 Likes

not entering cause the game looks scarier than most horror games do to me lol :see_no_evil:

+1 for the giveaway :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

This game is on my wishlist too. I saw it on a gaming podcast some time ago and immediately got interested because of the art. Later i started watching a letsplay, but I closed it after 15 mins because i decided i want to play it myself.

I never really understood the point of achievements, at least the general ones. I have nowhere to show them off and they don’t mean much to me. Some of my friends love completing the challenging ones, so I’ve definitely seen someone in a joyous state after finally getting a difficult thing done with proof of it in form of an achievement, so i guess they have a purpose.

8 Likes

I’ll enter, this looks interesting.

I really don’t care about achievements, in fact they occasionally annoy me when they give things away, like you’ve just killed a boss and an achievement pops up saying killed 1/5 bosses… Great now I know there are 4 left, thanks game! :frowning:
Or bing! you’ve found all your party members. Well great, thanks a lot. Stop spoiling things for me!

8 Likes

Usually, achievements just roll in just by playing the game, which give you a good idea of what progress people made in the game by viewing the global achievements.

This actually gives value to the achievement you get just by starting the game because you see what percentage of ppl bought it and never touched it.

Personally if I like a game, I will try to get the hard mode / get the collectibles achievements but if it is too hard or tedious i won’t bother.

Fancy game, lots of birbs, i’d enter that

7 Likes

I woke up, and you were added… Now fully rehydrated, I come to you @yoshirules

with this:

Thanks for the giveaways srsly, you’re awesome and that would be you in the game :sparkling_heart:

Also:

Dan your doggo was so cute and now is gorgeous :heart_eyes: I love to see how (he/she ?¿) evolved over the years from a quirky, but adorable, bow tie to a proper stylish pose.

Runs in the family I suppose :sunglasses: at my friends house we remember (his/hers?) grandfather with a commemorative cushion, he did so much for dogs and humans alike :cry:

I knew that pic would come in handy sooner or later :relieved:

Edit: Parts of my brain melted, sorry. I’d walk you trough It.

I recalled a post were you said he’s name was Duncan, then I recalled you use the word Lad and then… Yeah you just said He didn’t you? :confused:

:man_facepalming:

8 Likes

@Rilover thats so sweet I love birds. I always have a robin in my garden

7 Likes

chowder%20the%20pig
*spot the 5 things that don’t belong in this picture

:joy:

12 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

I’ll enter, the game looks interesting
Steam achivements are alright, but sometimes devs just make them retardly hard to get, and thats kind of shit, i dont like when ppl go nuts over getting 100% of them

5 Likes
  • carpet
  • sofa
  • plant
  • lamp
  • door

There all inanimate objects, unless you give them to Pixar, then we’re screwed.

7 Likes

:thinking:

yea, i guess it could be argued you're right about that last part

5%20things%20out%20of%20place

:joy:

5 Likes

Dang it, so close :smirk:

6 Likes

Entering specifically because Aviary Attorney game looks weird af =D. Though since there are other types of creatures, it seems like Avian Attorney would be the right name? If it’s not me, whoever wins this please report back and let us know if the name gets explained or if someone just biffed it.

Edit: forgot to talk about achievements. Personally I don’t understand the obsession with them. There are a few games where they’ll push me to do something a little bit above and beyond to pick one up, but if it requires me to go way out of my way (like earn 1000 victories using a character I don’t enjoy), I ignore it.

7 Likes

wow, i just realize i once again take part in hijacking, and derailing a thread, completely, -while the giveaway is still ongoing! :man_facepalming: :flushed:
pardons and apologies @yoshirules,
→ gnome heading to the timeout corner :no_mouth:

best of luck to all

9 Likes

lol thats ok I dont mind as long as you have fun :sunglasses:

10 Likes

I would like to enter for Aviary Attorney.
I really don’t care that much for steam achievements, though some times if I find myself with a handful of incomplete ones at the end of a game I might go back to finish those for completions sake.

8 Likes

I’ve no remorse :rofl:

7 Likes

Oh, is this giveaway still going on? Obviously, we don’t use CET where I live. If it is still open, I’d like to give it a go !

I have been interested in “Aviary Attorney” ever since I saw my former college roommate playing it on Steam by chance (I believe it was when it was first released), but it had just gone off my radar when time to update my old wishlist back then.

EDIT: oops, I forgot to click “Reply” before it “[ENDED]” …

As for Steam achievements, the sole benefit I can think of right now is that they add at least some (albeit very arbitrary) “package value” to classic single-player games without trading cards.

2 Likes

maybe u should start by claiming the games u’ve already won, hmmmmmmm?

10 Likes