Gaming News Thread

So since there’s no safe thread to post news related to gaming I decided to create one.

And we’ll start with:

Announcement: Twitter/X

Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut comes to PC on May 16. PC features and pre-purchase unlocks detailed: http://play.st/438kD20

Which reminds me of this “giveaway”:

7 Likes

Oooh. Sweet! Jump pon horse!

Honour! Fight with wut? Men gotta dead, period. XD

5 Likes

Akira Toriyama has passed away this month. May he rest in peace.

Twitter/X

Even though his most famous works are related to anime and manga, he also worked on classic games and franchises like those below:

And one of his upcoming games is one of my most waited games this year:

Which’s based on the manga of same name.

6 Likes

All Adult Swim Games are about to be delisted by Warner Discovery:

6 Likes

I highly recommend to pickup Duck Game if you dont have it already, such a great game with tons of mods you can add to change it up. We have 120 hours in that game over the years and still play it every now and then. One thing I love about it is we never get mad or frustrated, instead it always makes us bust up laughing :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Headlander is another good one. Played it over at my SILs with the kids.

4 Likes

Thread: Ubisoft revoking licenses for The Crew, preventing owners who paid for the game from installing it.

5 Likes
3 Likes

Threads:

New gameplay guide for Fatal Fury: City of the Wolves ahead of EVO Japan

Fatal Fury CotW includes macro for hops and dashes, four kinds of blocking

3 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

Actually, it’s someone pretending to be Nintendo taking down content.

[PSA] False flaggers on the Garry’s Mod Workshop. There is someone, or a group of trolls going around the Gmod workshop filing false DMCA claims and shutting down addons, over 10 Gmod addon makers, myself included have been attacked, with over a dozen of our addons gone.

I’ve looked into this a little further. Apparently that’s not Nintendo doing this. It’s a group of trolls pretending to be Nintendo lawyers and issuing fake DMCA claims against the Garry’s Mod content.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s quite that straightforward.

https://twitter.com/garrynewman/status/1783501547361411494

I think it’s best to wait a bit longer until we learn what’s really going on.

3 Likes

I agree. Now I’m legit confused. Who’s telling the truth in this whole story ?

2 Likes

I was trying to figure that out myself, as well, but honestly all we’re getting now is a blast of 2nd and 3rd hand information - even Garry is arguably a 2nd hand participant in this.

At this point I think there has been so much back and forth that we need an official statement from Nintendo to actually know what’s happening.

3 Likes
2 Likes

So we are just waiting now! :thinking:

2 Likes

I guess this comment sums up what Steam is trying to do with this:

So in other words, what you are saying is that your incentive for buying pre-order “deluxe” pre-access editions was to play and finish the game to refund it, circumventing the refund policy, hence getting all the value of the product for nothing. Which would translate to using pre-access as a method to pirate games.

edit: Don’t get me wrong, I abhor the idea of pre-access deluxe editions and do not buy pre-order packages, waste of money in my book since those companies offering it seem to use those pre-access periods for paid last minute mass beta testing. But the idea to play for 24/48/72 or however many hours you can get in within the pre-access period, and still want to refund, seems like a criminal incentive to me.

1 Like

Well that seems like an obvious thing to me, strange that it wasn’t counted as such to start with. How is this in any way controversial?

3 Likes

2 Likes