Free weekend gaming

Typically free weekends are nothing special, but these games are something else.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/548430/

13 Likes

I like free weekends!

It lets me try games that I otherwise wouldnā€™t bother getting the demo or paying and refunding.

2 Likes

Thanks @SeekerSupreme :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like

ends May 3 17:00 UTC:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1237970/

ends May 2 20:00 UTC:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/826630/

4 Likes

Thanks @SeekerSupreme :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like

ooOOOoo. Thanks. Itā€™s going to be a fun weekend.

edit:
Titanfalll required EAā€™s Origin to be installed but I had an old account so I still played it. Score: 1/2, it was ok. Robot was supposed to be Haloā€™s Cortana but since it isnā€™t I donā€™t know why everyone was listening and taking orders from it. :man_shrugging:
I felt like the robot had a higher rank than me because nobody cared what I thought or asked my opinions! lol.

I tried to play Iron Harvest. It says the free weekend is until May 3rd. Buuuuut it isnā€™t. I can not launch it and the steam page doesnā€™t have it either. I guess they ended it early.

2 Likes

Have you seen whatā€™s happening on the intersections?

They control us, I tell you! (ā€¢Ģ€×ā€¢Ģ )Łˆ Ģ‘Ģ‘

You sure you havenā€™t mixed up the end dates between Iron Harvest and Titanfall?
Even though Steam shows you a date (without time) adjusted for your local time zone, the free weekend ends at the same time (moment in time, not the local hour) for everyone around the world.

The Iron harvest free weekend ended on May 2 20:00 UTC
So, unless youā€™re east from the +3 offset time zone, Steam should have shown you May 2nd.

3 Likes

Oh I see. I read this part wrong.

To celebrate, Iron Harvest will be Free from today at 19:00 (CEST) until May 3rd at 19:00 (CEST)

Now it makes sense. I should have played it first!

2 Likes

Huh, interestingā€¦ no, you actually read that description right; itā€™s just that it was wrong.

Trust systems, never people.

2 Likes

According to the developer, the end time was wrongly set to early and when they discovered it there was nobody at work with valve to fix it.

Titanfall 2 was a fun, short game.

2 Likes

Wait. I misunderstood twice. I thought their May 3rd would be US May 2nd. Ok ok. I get it now.

I used worldtime buddy to recheck again. It is easier for me to understand if it is laid out like this anyway.

So 19:00 CEST was 13:00 EDT both on May 3rd. sigh time zones are confusing. Iā€™ll cross my fingers for another free weekend.

That makes sense too. Valve, like google, likes to automate everything to have as few people you can contact as possible.

And I do admit Titanfall 2 was fun. One thing was, since I donā€™t play FPS games, the guns were confusing. I think there were 2 sniper rifles, 2 shotguns, 10+ machine guns, and a few handguns that werenā€™t useful except for that last target-lock one. I went through the whole campaign just picking up the nearest gun just to try them all out. It reminded me of Planetside 2 where I had so much selection but didnā€™t know what I wanted.

Thankfully it was just against AI so it didnā€™t matter. I would be annoyed if I had to learn this in multiplayer though.

2 Likes

6 Likes

Thanks, downloading it now.
I found Far Cry 4 frantic and disruptive, but iā€™ll give this a try.

2 Likes

till 14 December 2021 18:00 UTC

4 Likes

Thanks @SeekerSupreme.

Fortunately I bought it during Steamā€™s Autumn Sale. So far, so good.

2 Likes

Iā€™m glad this thread popped up. Because I was curious as to if there were any others and found so many free weekend games! They are 2 or 3 days free as of now.

5 Likes

5 Likes

Thereā€™s some on steam too. At least Descenders and Golf with your friends.

3 Likes

The paradox game has a free weekend for 2 days and the other VR(?) game is 1 day. Both have good ratings so might be worth trying out.

3 Likes

I havenā€™t tried state of decay yet, I hope I can make time for it.

3 Likes