Free-to-Play Games Thread

Oh, neat! I’ve been curious about that game for a while, and now I get to play it for free!

6 Likes

GOG

Helium Rain

Was 16.99CA. Now FTP. A bit grindy at the beginning but once you get going, the reviews are “mostly positive”.

FTP on Steam also.

Helium Rain

5 Likes

Preston Sterling

Bulanci

5 Likes

Xonotic, an open source boomer shooter!

5 Likes

I suppose this actually belongs here.

And with it an invitation if anyone ever fancied trying out Mahjong before I would be happy to teach the game and play some friendly no-stakes matches. Would need a minimum of two additional participants. Or if you already know the game of course that’d be nice too.

It is also available on mobile devices I believe, if that is the platform you prefer.

4 Likes

7 Likes

Oooh. I heard about this game. Thanks for letting me know it is released.

6 Likes

Oh no! Look out :eyes: The Aliens are coming for your cows. :cow: Hide @M00 :scream:

9 Likes

This one became free recently.

6 Likes

Thanks @Kim. I added it but backrooms game terrify me. I hate going through mazes.

6 Likes

Thanks @Kim :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation:

5 Likes

6 Likes

damn aliens get away to my dearest cows :rage:

5 Likes

my cows :sob:

7 Likes

Moo? :cow:

6 Likes

Someone has managed to make a fangame based on Link’s Awakening, and of course Nintendo jumped on the devs ordering them to take everything down.

However you can still download it through HERE.

Go to their server and download everything from there whenever you can, and be fast! If you want, I can send some download links if you’re interested. :wink:
I’ll send it in private since we can’t give Nintendo any chance to let this project die.

Source Code:

There’s also this project, which I also recommend getting ASAP.

ZIIAOL

6 Likes

Obviously you’re going to get your game taken down when you use Nintendo’s IP, trademarks and art assets. I have no sympathy for such a fool hardy endeavour.

4 Likes

Nah, there’ve been a bunch of fangames to do that and slip under the radar (look no further than Mario Fan Games Galaxy for examples of that). The issue here is that they’re literally recreating the pre-existing games that Nintendo already made. If they had original dungeons and overworlds, they’d be way less likely to get struck down even despite using the IP/graphics/music (at the cost of being more obscure from people going “this game isn’t literally Zelda 2 again, so I won’t bother playing it or sharing it”).

6 Likes

7 Likes

7 Likes