[FREE] The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind GOTY (Bethesda Launcher) Extended Until March 31st 2019

I would love to give you more coins for that comment. :heavy_heart_exclamation:

BTW, I passed on the game.

4 Likes

Oh, checking the comments on the page, most people are having log in issues and code issues. So it really is a Bethesda screw up. :joy:

3 Likes

oh man… that revives so many memories. I also had it on Xbox and it was my first “real” RPG. I loved it. It’s still one of my favourite games of all time. I played it for so long that the DVD was totally scratched at some point. This, plus the fact that there was no autosave (if I recall correctly) and manual save took a while, I lost countless hours because of DVD read errors, having to replay sections over and over again. Still kept playing the hell out of it until I basically memorised everything there is to know and systematically collected every game item that you could pick up at stuffed it all in one tiny bag in front of my favourite merchant… :joy:

bonus story

There was also a staff that allowed you to levitate for quite some time but you were “walking” through the air slower than a sloth climbing a tree (no offence enki). If you are like me and want to explore every pixel a dungeon or cave has to offer, you can imagine how many hours I invested in this game.

6 Likes

Yeah this is a freaking joke. Tried logging in and same issue as everyone else. Can’t these companies learn how to make something that actually works? Guess not. Guess I will try it later when the servers are hopefully functional again.

3 Likes

Well I did finally manage to log in, using a private window running no blockers but the key can’t be redeemed. First came back with an unspecified generic error and on second attempt claimed the key was invalid.

4 Likes

@Koroth @Fraggles

Got it to work through the Launcher, but I had to reset my password a few times. Once in, I redeemed the key. It errored out, of course. I exited the launcher and opened it again, and the game was in my library. You should try that process or see if the code redeemed still if you got to that part already (despite errors or connection issues).

4 Likes

I think I’ll pass on the fustercluck. Still need to re-buy, and actually play, Skyrim. And play Oblivion.

3 Likes

Looks like I got it to finally work through the launcher. Even though it still denied the code it somehow didn’t allow me to click redeem so, I thought that was odd and looked in the games area in the launcher and the game showed up and said not installed. So it must have showed up this time without my acknowledgement. I would try checking in your launchers and see if it is located in the games area.

3 Likes

I tried logging into their website again and this time it finally worked.

3 Likes

ahahah, lol, that’s beautiful timing,
seems bethesda caved and put Rage 2 on steam now, -for the time being at least :wink: *coughepic*cough :rofl:

also, people, someone please explain to me the allure to endure that hassle you’ve been through for the game? o.0

7 Likes

Site said to try again later. Will alert bestie and she’s if she’s interested in an open world game. She’s pretty amused by Savage Lands lately though.

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up…in two minds about it. On the one hand I don’t want another launcher as I currently use six and can’t be bothered to install another for a single game. On the other hand I’m curious about the total conversion mods…

4 Likes

I already have it on Steam, equipped with the best mods that run through Nexus/Vortex, and even though I have the Beth launcher for F76 purposes, I don’t wanna bother too much with it.

4 Likes

Damn.

I’d really like to try Morrowind since I pretty much hate Skyrim – don’t even start a discussion on this, I will >not< reply to anything said to me on the matter, especially from fanboys.

BUT I hate launchers and probably would not be able to make it run on Linux.

Oh well! Thanks for being our courier as always, @NICK9X9.

6 Likes

I’m curious as to why you hate it, “hate” is such a strong word.
I definitely can’t get myself to go through any of the tedious and cheap looking combat anymore…and I can see plenty of critique like repetitive dungeons, many boring missions like Slay X cause it killed Y, useless potions, nothing to spend money on, the endless grind to maximise stats, scaling of enemies, disappointing spells, invincible NPCs, endless amounts of Guards, Chickens and Horses snitching on you, bucket loads of bugs, very limited viable equipments, shabby enchantments, little enemy variation, both factions suckinnnng, Elves being absolute pricks without exception, underwater breathing being nigh worthless

I could go on with this for a while haha

But for people who aren’t fed up yet and for those happily modding ever on it’s fun. I can’t see myself calling it bad, I think everybody who played it was hyped af for at least the first few hours. I mean, yeah, you said you won’t reply, but a shortish answer why you hate it would be cool :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I think you’ve managed to compile a long enough list of reasons, pick and match any 10 you’d like.
Edit: By golly I think it might really just have worked, praise the Todd!
Capture

Can now confirm the game does not require the bethesda launcher to be running to play the game, so that’s nice at least.

10 Likes

No.

8 Likes

Wow. It took forever to sign up. Two tries to verify my email account. Another 2 tries to login. A lot of accept / acknowledge, then finally, got to redeem the code. Boy!

Just did it for my bestie in case she’ll like it. Exhausted from warring with controller and Windows.

3 Likes

Like how GOG does? If you uninstall the Bethesda launcher, can you still play it? If it’s truly standalone, i may have to grab this copy too. I have it on Steam but i’d prefer a standalone version.

Edit: Saw that this offer is only valid today so i went ahead and claimed it just in case.

3 Likes

is good buttttttttttt bethesda announced RAGE 2, Wolfenstein: Youngblood, Wolfenstein: Cyberpilot, and DOOM Eternal for steam

4 Likes