Free games Twitch Prime: SUPERHOT , Shadow Tactics , Devil May Cry HD....

if you have twitch prime go to the page and it gives you the option to obtain (free):
-SUPERHOT
-Oxenfree
-Mr. Shifty
-Tales from Candlekeep: Tomb of Annihilation
-Shadow Tactics
-Devil May Cry HD

8 Likes

I have Twitch Prime, but there is a bit of confusion on how I get these games to play? I tried before, as I had to install this, that and the next thing, then I still didn’t blooming well get them.

I eventually just gave up. Perhaps I shall try again.

4 Likes

Unfortunately, this is the only kind of twitch I have:

8 Likes

On the website, you can click the Crown to claim your loot while logged in. You just have to hit “Claim Offer” for the games.

Afterwards, you need to download the Twitch desktop app and log in, where all the games you claimed will be. I find it a little annoying, since they used to just give out Steam keys.

I would highly recommend doing this ASAP.

7 Likes

Thank you, Capt.

3 Likes

when at first i saw it required me to install their desktop client, it was enough for me to not care despite offering free games now
-bloody hell if i want more clients or apps if i can avoid it… i’m running twitch in the browser for a danged reason! :triumph:
soon we’ll need an app just to compile the clients for our desktop launchers -that hold all our desktop clients and apps… “razor cortex 2.0 to neatly organize and launch your razor cortex” :dizzy_face:

12 Likes

So these are not steam keys then? Since Amazon prime is not a thing here it’d require me to jump through a fair few hoops to even get into their trial program. I’d really like Shadow Tactics but if it’s weirdly bound to some additional useless client then I really can not be arsed.

8 Likes

Twitch has its own client right now. They used to give Steam keys, too!

They’re taking advantage of the fact that they think I’ll do anything to play Devil May Cry on PC… and they’re right, goshdarnit.

6 Likes

You rang? https://playnite.link/

7 Likes

yea yea, but which app will organize our playnite, launchbox, gameroom and razor cortex’s together?? -clearly i’d need something newer, more modern and smarter, like a dedicated interface program: to open an organized library; with my app; to launch my launcher; to start my client; to run my app: that opens my program, -right?!? :thinking: :face_with_monocle:
:dizzy_face:
:exploding_head:

1 Like

Featuring Windows 10.
Because your trash opinion don’t matter Windows Perfected.

5 Likes

Curse app became the twitch app. Not sure that changes anyone’s mind but thought I would mention that

3 Likes

I was thinking “hey that might be a good time to use that free trial”, then I read that you have to install the desktop app to play the games. Nevermind then, I already have enough of these.

9 Likes

@Enki It’s a good time to get Devil May Cry for free, though…

This is the game that actually got me to start Youtubing. I’ve thought about it for a while, always said “maybe I’ll start with this,” but I remembered an old in-joke and meme-ified it.

You owe it to yourself to play some DMC1.

6 Likes

I have played like, a boss fight of DMC when a friend lend me the controller, I think it was the third game. I got rekt obviously.

But the game that kinda reminds me of DMC is Dirge of Cerberus on PS2 and I have finished it. Doesn’t have the crazy acrobacy tho. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Wait, wha–
Oh, you mean THESE acrobatics?

But otherwise, yeah… red cape. Anime. Thatched roofing. Basically DMC.
And no, that video doesn’t have sound. Wrong recording device, DANG IT!

2 Likes

Nice… now if only Twitch fkin prime worked in Romania that would have been awesome.

Man, I wish I had prime for this. I’ve been wanting to play both Devil May Cry and super hot for a while now. Is the HD collection or the reboot worth getting?

2 Likes

Reboot? Wouldn’t poke it with a ten foot pole. It’s not so-bad-it’s-good or endearingly bad. It’s just bad.

I’m absolutely loving the HD collection so far, though! It’s a pretty basic port, and you pretty much need a controller, but it gets the job done… and it’s hard not to love a game that begins a prequel like this:

Other than the cool environments, there’s little I can say in favor of the edgy reboot. It really is just a bland, unlikable, and even repulsive game. Fortunately, HyperBitHero summed its biggest problem up better than I ever could have.

Play the originals, and enjoy every moment. Yes, even 2.

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing. Do you actually use it? It seems pretty nice at first glance!