Favorite Movie

I don’t normally watch movies, but these are my top 3.

1. The Sunset Limited
  2. Deepwater Horizon
  3. Catch Me if You Can
10 Likes

1 - Constantine
(Bad Hellblazer movie, good anit-hero movie)

2 - The Replacements
(Best gaol scene)

3 - Demolition Man
(Real man stuck in a leftist agenda future :smile_cat:)

9 Likes
  1. Spaceballs

2. Chocolat

3. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

9 Likes

Here’s my list:

1. The Grand Budapest Hotel
  2. Interstellar
  3. The Fall

I have a couple more on the favorite list, including 12 Angry Men, The Truman Show, Memento, A Taxi Driver, etc., so it was hard to decide what to put up there. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Here’s my fantastic list.

1. Ben 10:Race Against Time - The best film ever yet created
  2. Spider-Man:Into the Spider-Verse - Inspiring as hell
  3. Death Note [Netflix] - Good popcorn fun
9 Likes

My favorite live action movies:

1. Baby driver
  2. Full metal Jacket
  3. Monty Python’s holy grail

Best action anime movies:

1. Redline
  2. Akira
  3. FELIDAE BABY!

Oh yea, I forgot the real classics like over the hedge and Cannibal holocaust…

9 Likes
  1. Whiplash
  2. Blade Runner
  3. 2001: A Space Odyssey
8 Likes
  • What Dreams May Come
  • Disney
  • something i can’t remember (+various assorted stuff) :thinking: (i suck at titles & names)
  • Lord of the Rings Trilogy -even tho the extended edition is disappointingly short i can slightly forgive that transgression

beautiful taste :ok_hand: :hugs:
question: Juliet Binoche or Johnny Depp or Pantoufle ? :thinking:

11 Likes
  1. Actually tricky to say my favorite movie… Psycho? Predator? Jaws? Angels in America? But I likely lean: Kung Fu Hustle
  2. Noises Off
  3. Pulp Fiction
7 Likes

I’m surprised you guys can do this, because pinning it down to just three has proved to be impossible for me…depending upon the mood I’m in or the company I keep my favourites tend to drift. I had three and then I suddenly realised that they’re not really any more favourite than a load of others!

9 Likes

I have a hard time putting them in order so I’ll just throw in some categories instead.

Best live action: Pacific Rim, it’s just… excellent.
Best cartoon: A Goofy Movie, Tarzan is a very close second. Both are perfect.
Best anime: Redline, it doesn’t get much better than this.

7 Likes

:+1:
i totally didn’t sneak in a “catch-all” exactly because of this :wink: :blush:

(could maybe be argued the “Disney section” also is firing some wide buckshot pellets) :smile:

7 Likes

Ranking is always a pain:

Nausicaä and the Valley of the Wind
Shrek
Guardians of the Galaxy
The A-Team
Trigun: Badlands Rumble
Stargate: Ultimate Edition

8 Likes

I just approached it as: What films can I watch again and again and still enjoy them?
There are a lot of good movies that I have watched but just have no interest in watching again.

For me that really narrowed down my list of options. But it was still tricky.

8 Likes

I don’t really watch movies much in recent decades, but for movies I can sit down and rewatch every once in a while and always enjoy I’d have to say

1. Ame agaru (After the rain)
    Brilliant slow and calm Samurai movie by Akira Kurosawa and Takashi Koizumi. About a wandering unemployed Samurai traveling with his wife getting stuck at an inn by a flooded river crossing. Not an action movie by any means, highly recommended though.
  2. The man from Earth
    Pretty cool sci-fi and not the space opera kind. Some dude is moving and having a fare well party with friends he’s made over a good number of years and he winds up sharing some intriguing secrets.
  3. Event Horizon
    NOT a movie I’ll rewatch too frequently because it’s pretty scary and I don’t like scary movies too much but it is undoubtedly a brilliant movie and great sci-fi.
7 Likes

Fiiiiiiiiiiine…

So was going to go -

• Aliens
  • Castle in the Sky
  • Back to the Future

Then I thought…wait one second! Fight Club, Goodfellas, Almost Famous, The Princess Bride, Blade Runner, Empire Strikes Back, The Martian, Raiders of the Lost Ark, The Shining, True Romance, Gladiator and Die Hard from just the top of my head…

So yeah, those!

(…and whatever others I think of in the interim…)

8 Likes

I really can’t pick my favourite movies because it really depends on how I feel,so how about this I will put here movies I DON’T like but are very popular among most people:

• The Shining - I had to watch it in english in year 11 (one year before high school graduation), I like a good thinking movie or movies with ambiguity but this movie really just didn’t make sense to me and that ending zoom shot just confused it even more

• The Rocky Horror Picture Show - I don’t know why I didn’t like this one, I just remembered I didn’t enjoy it, time warp is a cool song but eh

• Drive - The long silence where there was meant to be dialogue may have had meaning to people but at the time of watching it I just got bored with it, maybe I should have got back to this one

• Burn After Reading - This seems to be popular with people but honestly I just felt I wasted 2 hours of my time watching this, and supposedly that was the directors intention from memory. I enjoy a good cohen bros movie but I did not enjoy this one

5 Likes

:ok_hand: :wink:

:rofl:

3 Likes

Oh yeah, whiplash was a fantastic film. If you were wondering what an actual jazz player thinks of it, I’d direct you here: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SFYBVGdB7MU

3 Likes

That was an interesting watch, thanks! :grin:

2 Likes