Fanatical Reaper Bundle

New bundle at Fanatical…and it’s actually incredible given how awful things have been bundlewise of late.
$4.99 / £4.59 / €5.29
https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/reaper-bundle

• Immortal Redneck
  • Homeworld Remastered Collection
  • Tales from Candlekeep: Tomb of Annihilation
  • PAYDAY 2
  • Renowned Explorers: International Society
  • Jalopy
  • Hover
  • Figment
  • Dungeon Rats
  • Subterrain
9 Likes

lol

4 Likes

Yeah, it’s not a bundle for you or me, but there are a few decent games in this one.

3 Likes

Renowned Explorers it’s outstanding, but I wouldn’t get it without the DLCs. Jalopy I haven’t really played yet, Figment has been on my wishlist for a while so I’m betting it’s good.

The rest seems pretty ok-ish. :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

I would have picked it up for Homeworld and Renowned Explorers alone and probably even be pleased with a couple of the others, if I didn’t already have them that is.

I don’t have the DLC, still an excellent game I think.

6 Likes

I think people slept on this game, I think its fantastic

What do the dlcs add?

6 Likes

5 Likes

Absolutely.

The reason I say that is the following: game has been out for a while and the DLCs have been deeply discounted. If you’re spending $5 on a bundle in which your only/main interest is Renowned Explorers, I’d get it with the DLCs from steam in the next sale/discount. Especially considering there is a bundle for game+DLCs on Steam which already has a considerable base discount – 38%.

@PeteMcc I really like the “More to Explore” DLC, it ads interaction between the characters and a few new locations.

The new locations add replayability value. Since you can choose which locations to visit in each playthrough, you need to build your end-game strategy from the beginning. So if you have more end-game options, you have more early-game freedom. The character interactions add a new layer of depth, as your explorers can trade stories and thoughts with each other and that affects their performance plus makes for some fun achievements.

I’ve been wanting the “Emperor’s Challenge” since it was announced, because the new locations look very cool. However, I don’t think it ads as much to the game as a whole as the “More to Explore”. More to Explore feels like a CIV DLC: should have been on the base game.

Hope this answers your questions! :hugs:

5 Likes

Decent bundle, though I only want Renowned Explorers from the bundle too, so I think I will pass, but this bundle is better than most, I think.

7 Likes

are we all going on a RE:IS marathon? :smiley: I love that game, not played enough!

4 Likes

Renowned Explorers: International Society should be niiiiice.

2 Likes

Just my luck. I bought Jalopy from them a couple weeks ago for the same price as this whole bundle…

3 Likes

oof

2 Likes

so, this bundle had me real excited
but turns out they had some listing issues, so they put it up and pulled it down couple of times in the span of 20mins or so
so when i grabbed it i had 1 less game than i thought and had initially been keen on being included in this. Not that the reaming bundle alone wasn’t enough to make me grab it, which i did ofc. I had just hoped to get Subaeria that i saw, instead of Subterrain -that i already own :smile:

but homeworld remaster collection, tales of candlekeep and others, easily makes this pack of games worth the 5€ anyway imo :+1:

3 Likes

I think I will maybe change my opinion about not buying this bundle, but when will I get to play it?

This is so incredibly difficult for me…

#FirstWorldProblems, #SteamIsRuiningMe

6 Likes

meh with cheap bundles i’m almost at the stage of instinctively put them in a box labeled, “i’ll probably never get around to these, and that’s okay -because bundle”,
and at this point it’s more the “individual” purchases i try to remind myself “you should probably play this sometime, you know, since you actually bought it” -even if i still never do :smile:

4 Likes

So I will probably buy it, and as @xist mentioned in his other post/thread, this constant buying is the reason why I don’t have time to push games to completion.

5 Likes

I played it for an hour or so and I can’t say I’m fond of the gameplay. It surely looks nice and is interesting, but didn’t keep me hooked at all. I quit when I apparently had to backtrack 10mins or so, ugh

4 Likes

immortal redneck, and hover are really good games that if you have not played make this bundle worth playing

4 Likes

Yeah their other game, Sleep-something, drove me up a wall as well. I was hoping the devs had learned from their mistakes… :cry:

Thanks for the head’s up!

2 Likes