Explain Your Icon!

I can explain that, actually. You see, although most g’s are soft when followed by e, i, or y, it usually becomes a hard g if the vowel is followed by another soft consonant. Examples:

girl (the r)
gift (the f)
give (the v)
gimmick (the m)
gizmo (the z)
together (the th)
fish gills (the l)

Of course, even that has its exceptions, like “gene” or your example of “ginger.” Then again, people breaking established rules when inventing new words like that is why English is considered so hard to learn as a second language. C’est la vie.

7 Likes

As much as I love beating the dead gif horse argument, this thread is for explaining icons and it’s derailed so hard I’m tempted to lock it. Start a new thread if you want to debate something every forum over the age of 2 months has. Even this forum has multiple threads hijacked over gif controversy.

7 Likes

Getting back on topic:

Loved your icon. Vaporwave is a personal love of mine and I adore listening to the music and setting Vaporwave shit as my phone lock screen and pc wallpaper.

May I ask what your nickname is? I don’t trust Mr. G. Translate enough to translate it back. :blush:

7 Likes

Thank you so much! I never understood the whole vaporwave aesthetic until about a year ago, now it encomasses most of what I do.

The nickname takes a little explaining. My friends call me Noch. It’s a drastic mispronunciation of my real name, a dumb thing me and my friends do to random words that in hope to get a laugh from each other. Yeah it’s dumb, but we’ve been doing it for so long that it’s come full circle. Noch, Nochalus, Nochahoka, Nochahokamafloka, and just about any variation are all the product of an odd inside joke.

6 Likes

Hahaha! I love it. Thanks so much for explaining. :joy:

Now I’ll leave anyone who’s out of the loop with a classic and a personal favorite of mine:

https://youtu.be/Ah_hcT9oPDw

5 Likes

Lack of creativity and productivity

6 Likes

The picture was on my computer so i used it

6 Likes

I took a photo of my eye!

My first modem was a 14.4kb. Local BBS. Needed a nickname. I was playing a cd. The label was EyeQ Records (An offshoot of Recycle Or Die (if memory’s not playing up)). EyeQ- I became.

5 Likes

Is just a screenshot from an anime hahha
Kakuriyo is the title

4 Likes

Werewolves!!! Eye see what you really are… uh-huh… we are onto you now!

5 Likes

Its a sloth…i love sloths…sloths.

7 Likes

So I made a name out of thin air for my Gnome warrior in World of Warcraft. Fast forward like 10 years and it’s the nickname I use for everything. Since 9/10 people butcher my nickname (pronounced either pahy lin air or pahy lin ur ) the shortened form is Py. That was then associated with the math symbol Pi Cuz engineer. And I found the below picture on Imgur one day and “borrowed” it.

11 Likes

I was studying with a friend over the internet… but seemed like I was had way too many question so she named these ducks after me… all of them Kayos 1, Kayos 2 and so on… and started to teach them instead :thinking::broken_heart:… I found it funny since no one understood it on FB… even my mother gave me a call that night asking me about them lol… They kinda got stuck since then lel…

PS: I passed that year… But she gave me the answers for around 10 questions during the exam which helped a lot lol…

8 Likes

My new profile picture is of the album cover for “days of future passed” by the moody blues. I recently went through my dads vinyls with him and found this particular album. For some reason the cover art stood out to me so I decided to use it as a profile picture

10 Likes

since I’ve been seeing a lot of people post what there new icon is and/or means. Mine is a little cute Japanese (chibi) style Avatar from a Android app called oppadoll (Left Image) and i kinda love it. and my old icon which was from Avatar Maker: Guys (Right Image) on android which i liked since it was more “realistic” looking and someday i might go back to it.

10 Likes

̶M̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶d̶u̶m̶b̶ ̶p̶h̶o̶t̶o̶ ̶d̶r̶a̶w̶n̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶p̶h̶o̶t̶o̶s̶o̶p̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶0̶ ̶e̶f̶f̶o̶r̶t̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶s̶o̶e̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶s̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶p̶l̶e̶t̶e̶,̶ ̶s̶t̶u̶p̶i̶d̶ ̶g̶a̶r̶b̶a̶g̶e̶
Mine is Death…

yeah, just Death, I tried to make him more innocent or cute-ish (failed so hard I kinda feel sad lol) and made him have human eyes and mouth. (skipped the nose, for… some reason… don’t question me.) and bam, this is what it looked like.

12 Likes

First time I saw your icon I thought it rather amusing because it looks like his eye sockets are really just holes in a mask behind which there’s a single giant eyeball, since the iris appears to line up.

9 Likes

Hu, that actually would‘ve been funny!

5 Likes

5 Likes

I guess I chose my icon because I like fairies, magic and that sort of things. Lame, but magic rocks

10 Likes