Explain Your Icon!

My icon, currently:

It is the first art I have made of a character named Woofberry. She is basically my radio show personality for a specific community I’m in. I’m very excited to develop her further.

13 Likes

I just changed mine! And I figured I would pop up to explain the new one! I had some art done for my science… based on ‘Fear And Loathing in Las Vegas’…

AND IT IS SOOOO COOL…

11 Likes

cuz “In carnage, I bloom, like a flower in the dawn.”

2 Likes

thought id cheekily necro this just to say
dayumn! :open_mouth: lovin that icon style-up there @WikiTora :+1:

4 Likes

Oh, you’ve noticed my new hairsty… ehm, I mean… my new icon. Thanks :blush:

I’m also doing this…

5 Likes

I made up my avatar. It is based on some Wheel of Time themes, and some fantasy stuff I thought of myself (each thing on the avatar means something). I also just really love the estoile charge! :relaxed:

3 Likes

“Mmmphya harrgh mrgha hrghgph.” – Pyro, TF2

3 Likes

um it’s a drawing i made lol. Not much to it, thinking of changing it tho. Not sure what to

6 Likes

It’s the worlds smallest primate: Philippine tarsier - Wikipedia

5 Likes

You forgot to include the single most informative source of information about the tarsier

9 Likes

Remember, allways eat your vegetables… :smile:

6 Likes

I needed a badge(s) for a certain recent giveaway.

The easiest badge was to complete the profile, which included having a pic. So I grabbed 2 images off my desktop and here they stay.
The dragon is from guild wars 2, the other is from battletech.

EDIT:

I must edit my post to tell everyone it is pronounced jif, not gif.
My evidence is that the first time I saw it, without any outside influence as to pronunciation, I said jif and it made sense to me.
When I hear gif, it sounds gross too.

Homer saying this is allllmost to the level of how dumb hearing gif is to me.

3 Likes

@GDBringer pleased to see a fellow jif lover.

2 Likes

I pronounce it /dʒɪf/ and that’s how I’ll always pronounce it. Don’t care who says what. Ain’t no way I’ll be saying it like I’m saying ‘gift’ but without the t! :laughing:

3 Likes

Trust the google tradutor lady, she knows the english pronunciation.

@coralinecastell

4 Likes

Yeah, it still baffles me that people don’t know how to pronounce Jraphics Interchange Format properly.

6 Likes

what rly should baffle u is that ppl dont know the difference between acronyms and abbreviations, it would have to be G-I-F if it was merely an abbreviation, but since it is an acronym, which is a subclass of abbreviations, u can pronounce it Jif (or Gif, if u absolutely feel u must do so, but I’m pretty sure “Ginger” [u don’t spell that “Jinger” do u?] wouldn’t approve), just like u say Nasa, not N-A-S-A

What I rly fail to understand is how ppl keep arguing about this though the creator of the term himself made clear that it’s supposed to be pronounced Jif, and that should have settled it ever since

5 Likes

yea, but he’s an american, and what do they know about language or grammar except butchering it ? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Like AIDS (Ah-ids), ASAP (Ah-sap), AWOL (Ah-wol), GIF (guh-if), OSHA (ŏ-sha). These sound wrong.

Thankfully there aren’t many spoken acronyms. These are the exceptions for when a person tries to speak an acronym as though it were a word. It does not consider the original individual words.

4 Likes

I know I’m WAY late to the party, but here it is. A vaporwave Jerry Seinfeld I cobbled together in some free image editing software on the iOS app store with a direct-to-google-translate translation of my nickname in japanese running down the side.

7 Likes