Epic Giveaways: Will Continue Through 2020!

It was just guessed at the wrong time. :laughing:

9 Likes

Ye im quite surprised too :0

8 Likes

Oh wow, this is a very pleasant surprise. Itā€™s also nice to see that it looks like the free games are extending into next year.

Remember to pick this game up today, because thatā€™s your only chance.

9 Likes

Bah humbugā€¦is that what Iā€™m supposed to say?

9 Likes

Is something very troubling to you?

7 Likes

is this what weā€™re doing now?

8 Likes

Well, I just was trying to find out what was displeasing to lead to the bah humbug comment. I tried to look back and was pretty sure I didnā€™t miss any part of the conversation.

9 Likes

I might be wrong, but i think itā€™s just sarcasm regarding the whole EGS thing in general, especially considering these insane giveaways.

(so i thought u were doing a bit by asking questions in answer to questions, so I thought Iā€™d join in, lol)

10 Likes

I was just being silly about the whole Epic bad Steam good thingā€¦

Happy New Year! <3

10 Likes

Happy New Year! I still have 8 hours left in 2019ā€¦ haha!

9 Likes

@YQMaoski sighā€¦ slightly less than 6 hours left. Iā€™m not making any resolutions other than playing the games I own now, when new compy is set up. :stuck_out_tongue: Witcher 3 is not one, but 1 and 2 still count. Hoohah!

8 Likes

Happy new year everyone! I am looking forward to another year of gaming.

11 Likes

I started playing Witcher 1 and Iā€™m not sure I can slog through it any more. Itā€™s a bitā€¦ clunky.

In other news, yooka laylee and darksiders is great! Epic has been killing it with these free games.

9 Likes

Itā€™s an old game by now and to be honest not THAT good . They only pickā€™d up the pace with Witcher 2 and well 3 was just a masterpiece.

But i see playing it as a mandatory anyway if you are really into Witcher.

8 Likes

To give you specifics, itā€™s the sequel/spin off-ish follow up where it is a 2.5D platformer. TBH, it doesnā€™t do a great job in sucking me in so far. To me the default keyboard controls arenā€™t that intuitive and fun for me, but maybe itā€™ll either grow on me over time or Iā€™ll change the key bindings, which is something I have only done very rarely, and thatā€™s for old games like Unreal and Chex Quest (I have the 3rd game and it runs OK using DOSBOX). Iā€™ll play a little more of it and see if it improves.
Oh and as an update, the Yooka Laylee game was the first time I have to activate the launcher before being allowed to play. Guess itā€™s only a matter of time but oh well.

7 Likes

Itā€™s much more a CRPG rather than an ARPG. I enjoyed it, and it felt more ā€œaliveā€ than the second game, but itā€™s successor is much more fun. The first game is a little fetch questy and grindy, and if youā€™re really not enjoying it just skip to the second, but honestly itā€™s still a pretty decent (if old) game.

9 Likes

@xist, @Vindace, @DontBeSilly, @choujiacheng

Thanks much for all the input! I do like older games - didnā€™t get play much in my younger days due never having time. Iā€™ll try Witcher 1 which no, this computer canā€™t run. T_T If anything, itā€™ll be a learning experience, lol. Fetch quests donā€™t phase me and if I can FF grind, I can grind anywhere. There are limits though - if it gets too ridiculous to progress, well switching over to Witcher 2 at that point wonā€™t be so bad, right?

7 Likes

Free Now till Jan 09 at 11:00 AM EST.

16 Likes

OMG! The Warmastered edition too! Spoiled we are! O_O

10 Likes

Agreed! More games Iā€™ve been wanting to try for a while but never made the leap and bought. Not a fan of Epicā€™s paid exclusives but at least theyā€™re using some of that Fortnite money to give back to the community

11 Likes