Epic Giveaways: Will Continue Through 2020!

Free Now till Dec 31 at 11:00 AM EST.

12 Likes

For tomorrow: Yooka-Laylee

15 Likes

Hmmm i wonder if there is still a chance of getting Kingdom Come as a finale game

6 Likes

OMG

7 Likes

Ooh wow i hope so i really wanted that gamee (almost bought it but was like eh lol)
I remember this was also given through twitch prime

6 Likes

Thanks, Geeky :heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation:

Got a question. You know how certain games on Steam, once installed, donā€™t need the launcher? Does it work for Epic too? I donā€™t have the launcher installed yetā€¦Just collecting the games. Was just curious :thinking:

8 Likes

It launches the launcher before the game, as far as I can tell, as is the case with most games on Steam as well.

One thing people should know is that if you buy something for Uplay on the Epic Games Store and link your Uplay account, you will have the game show up on Uplay also, so no need to double launch, as Steam asks you to do.

7 Likes

most (indie) games on epic seem to be drm free, so just need to be downloaded, then you can trash the launcher, a few might require a bit of a workaround, i had one where i needed to add a line or something to the exe to play without epic
canā€™t say which/how many is fully drm free since iā€™m not keeping track

9 Likes

Actually, Gnuffi has a good point, so this should work. I just kept the launcher installedā€¦ So I donā€™t actually know what would happen if I trash the launcher after installing. Havenā€™t tried that yet.

6 Likes

i tried a couple before uninstalling, (in the beginning), currently i still have edith finch, slime rancer and the witness installed -without epic launcher
iā€™ve no clue if they changed or added a steamworks type drm later since i havenā€™t tried with any of the games in recent months
but if a game is on gog iā€™m assuming itā€™s drm free on epic too, (specially since we saw epic use gog files from some dev :grimacing:)

8 Likes

Thanks for the info @Gnuffi :heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation:

7 Likes

This guy sprang to mind immediately: Cyril_Sneer
Due to how unfamiliar I am with Yooka Laylee I suppose.

9 Likes

Whenever you think about Epic games? : )

8 Likes

Haha I see what you did there. I got nothing against either of them, they just need a bit more love and direction.

7 Likes

Usually I just load off the exe files from the folder without needing the launcher. So far it has worked even for bigger releases like the Batman Arkham games. But for those using external launchers like Rayman Legends, I just load it off from Uplay afterwards rather than using Epic Games.

7 Likes

Free Now till Jan 01 at 11:00 AM EST.

10 Likes

Oh wow! I did not think they would be giving out the newer game! This is fantastic! :smiley:

9 Likes

I wonder what the other two are.

7 Likes

Looks like Darksiders II andā€¦

Steep will be up tomorrow.

12 Likes

They will both be back to the usual week-long giveaways, so looks like Epic is planning to continue this? I had thought they were going to be only giving away games for 1 yearā€¦ Looks like they must have secured some more deals.

@M00, thanks for noticing my failures, I only saw it after you made the editā€¦ :rofl:

11 Likes