[ENDED] Steam Summer Sale 2022 (June 23rd - July 7th)

I wonder if it’s restricted like gifting games to friends from other countries due to exchange rates.

6 Likes

This might help.

6 Likes

Alright! The answers make things so much less confusing and thanks for the illustration @Rhyagelle. I didn’t know you had to pick a sub-category too. ><

Has there ever been a Steam event that was just fun and not difficult to do?

Answer:
4. Life & Immersive Sim ->Co-op → Dead Seagull Zoo Magnate
5. Casual → 4 Player → Actually Frankenstein…
6. Puzzle → Mystery → It’s Probably Fine…
8. Action → Vampire Games → The Consecration…
9. Strategy → Multiplayer → Pro Poker Amateur
10. Grand Strategy & 4x → Co-op-> hold in your farts.

Guessing now that the answers have multiple tags they can appear in then?
So now it’s finally done and the reward isn’t bad. Thanks again for helping me be the last to get this done, lol. ^^

5 Likes

Sorry to let you down, but they’ve been around for some years already :laughing:

6 Likes

They were? I’ve never seen them before (and I know I looked lol) and the page even says, “Now you can—” like it was a new feature. :sweat_smile:

edit

yea, even the front page makes it seem new

6 Likes

They show on the side bar of the regular front-page

I guess they just wanted to give more exposure during this sale, since apparently there are people who didn’t know they existed, as we can see from your example. :grin:

@edit
Found this article from 2017

5 Likes

even this list does not help me
i have been stuck on the fourth one since the first night:(
it is just nowhere to be found on the page

5 Likes

To @anyamtikja … When I did all mine in the first day, I found that you have to click each category (ie, genre), click “see more” if available or if not then scroll left/right through the game list, and after doing all the categories if the desired game title did not popup anywhere, then just start over again from the first category, and eventually you will see it.

I basically got the impression that it is VERY random, so perhaps the first time you check out a category it is not there, but the second time you check out that same category - BINGO, there it is. I think they may even have a timer so that you spend some time looking around before it shows up.

5 Likes

As @markwr said the games are those described in the list but the problem is that they are random and difficult to find. You have to scour the categories you think the game is to locate it, click it and do the next quest.

You can also use the script on the OP to make things easy for you. I suggest using Firefox to do so but you can also use other browsers to do the same.

5 Likes

When I clicked that, it always took me to places to buy physical cards or gift games directly to people. Wow. This has been a feature this entire time and they hid it so well that I couldn’t even find it through googling. omg xD thanks for letting me know Enki!

6 Likes

Could’ve been that it was restricted in your country until recently or something?

In any way, I’m happy for you. :wink:

6 Likes

I do tend towards getting duplicates in these events, never managed to get a full set dropped. But this is a record.

6 Likes

What has everyone picked up so far?

7 Likes

I’ve got the following:

I’m planning to get more next Friday and finish my participation on the sale.

7 Likes

Wow, a great selection of games! Especially with Chrono Trigger! I don’t know if you ever played it before, but if you haven’t, I really hope you enjoy it! :slight_smile:

Also, wow, Sam & Max! That’s an oldie there too! xD

6 Likes

Thanks, I appreciate it! :+1:

I’ve never played it since I never owned a SNES but I had a walkthrough of the game in a magazine from Nintendo, which was just the first part of it.

As for Sam and Max I’m a huge fan of them and I always wanted to get their Telltale games since they were released many years ago. Now I have the classic Hit The Road on GOG and the two games of their Telltale trilogy and I look forward to play them all whenever I have some time to spare, heh. :grin:

I’ve also bought C&C Kane’s Wrath to “complete” my collection of games from the franchise since Tiberiun Sun is free to play and I’ve been enjoying the remaster from the first game. Unfortunately I had to put an eyepatch to get Tiberium Twilight but by now I know why this game was removed from Steam.

Garry’s Mod is mostly a complement to Source Filmmaker since Valve put down the site I used to download models and maps from GMod Workshop.

Hokko Life is there for my need of a good Animal Crossing clone, and Cloud Meadow… to “relax” and let off some steam, if you know what I mean. :wink:

I got The Ascent mostly because of the premise: Diablo meets Cyberpunk 2077 ? Count me in!

7 Likes

8 Likes

I started this today and I was also stuck on the 4th one for about an hour.

I don’t know if this will help you, but I saw that I had “8 hidden” in the top-right corner of that list. So I clicked it and it took me to my account preferences. I read all the preferences and allowed everything. Afterward, I was able to find the 4th.

Ironically, it still said I had “1 hidden” in the corner. But I didn’t care to figure out how that was possible since I already found the 4th.

I completed all of them today. If this helps you, let me know. Because it weird that these non-existent games are hidden by my account preferences.

7 Likes

Nothing… :dotted_line_face:

6 Likes
9 Likes