[ENDED] Steam Summer Sale 2022 (June 23rd - July 7th)

Like I told to @YQMaoski you’ll have to look around the sections and guess where the damn thing is around the page. This includes scrolling through the sections, clicking on “Click More” and so on.

Unfortunately there’s no shortcuts or cheats to overcome these like we did on Next Fest so you’ll have to go on a wild goose chase for them.

As to quote a certain movie: “Patience, little grasshopper”.

5 Likes

I did not realize they were all fake games because for all the previous ones the window popup loaded from an adjacent game. So up to this point I somehow seemed to have only clicked on games that actually existed while still getting the answer right.

4 Likes

Me neither but I’ve noticed that the correct games also have fake prices. You can see the answers on the OP or with @markwr post:

4 Likes

Yeah, they are all fake games, and pretty difficult to find. I saw someone post answers saying where to find it and for me a lot of them were in completely different spots. Just gotta keep searching the linked page and eventually it pops up.

5 Likes

" Something went wrong while displaying this content. Refresh

Error Reference: Store_7343711_b885175aa188b500

Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘reason’)"

Well that’s inconvenient.

4 Likes

Yup, all them fake games are tagged with th.4x
After you get redirected to the page with all the games listed, open dev tools (ctrl + shift + i); go to Elements tab to see the dynamically loaded source; make JavaScript load all possible objects by rapid scrolling any scrollable thingies on the page and ctrl + f the source for th.4x; Doublehit Enter to get the page focused on the fake game. For some I didn’t even need to do any loading or category switching, because they were already loaded (randomly)

Took me about 5 minutes, I don’t even know / didn’t register what I was looking for.
I done it hoping it would give me some crap to sell on the market; instead it gave me ugly crap I can’t sell or even delete. I do NOT recommend :v

6 Likes

Thanks for the tip @SeekerSupreme! I added it to the OP. :+1:

This is only worth for the badge and to level up your account. Also be careful because at the end of the game if you click to get the rewards you’ll get a theme pack which’ll change everything in your profile without your consent.
I had to change everything back after this. :rage:

4 Likes

Got them all. It was a real PITA! Thanks @carvalho20ptc :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation:

4 Likes

All I did was put on a YouTube video on the side and scroll through all the pages, loading more games along the way, until I saw the odd TH.4X pricing. I didn’t even look at anything else (titles, artwork, etc.), just focused on dollar signs until I didn’t see a dollar sign. I personally didn’t find this to be that burdensome or need a workaround to do it any faster. It was just zen scrolling and clicking while listening to my YouTube video. I can see how this would be annoying if you didn’t multitask and have some kind of entertainment.

TL;DR: Just put on music or a video and look at the pricing until it changes from $ to TH.4X

5 Likes

You’re welcome, and I know, right ? It was made worse by the fact that Steam kept spazzing out every 5 minutes on me and I had to redo the same quest again even though I got the sticker. :-1:

Also don’t forget about getting your free card today on Discovery Queue today and also on the remaining days everyday on this same hour of this post! :black_joker:

4 Likes

It asks you if you want to use the theme pack. I just clicked no and it didn’t change anything in my profile as far as I can tell.

6 Likes

This was all a bit silly.
Might pick up Death’s door, not quite sure yet.

4 Likes

I see, thanks for the post!

And if someone is still wondering about the quest here’s someone who’ve managed to find all of them on their respective places.

Firefox_Screenshot_2022-06-24T18-53-59.494Z

Do mind that some of them may be in random places.

Edit: there’s also even a script for this, my goodness!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/vjdc42/clorthax_quest_game_listing_art_reference/idjj216/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

7 Likes

How to use the script, hm? I tried scrolling but that got tiring/annoying in no time.

4 Likes

For the first code you’ll need Firefox to do so:

• First press F12 on the place where you should search for the clue;
  • Then click on the “Console” tab, copy and paste the code there. Hit Enter and let the magic happens.
  • To quote the post:

If the fake game exist in the page, it’ll bring the game to focus. Not sure if it’ll slide the carousel slider or not, but will definitely be there. If the game doest exist in the page, you’ll get a popup saying “Not found. Please refresh page”.

For the second, select everything and drag and drop in your favorites toolbar. Then once in the page where the clue is click it and it’ll do the same thing.

4 Likes

Well, I haven’t used Firefox in a stone age and the second one, still don’t understand how to use or where to put it in Vivaldi browser, but thanks for the input. Myrr.

4 Likes

For scripts in Vivaldi, it’s just like Chrome. Press F12 to bring up the menu. For example:

Then, at the bottom of this Console screen, you will see this:

In here, paste the code and press enter. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

This is my biggest complaint about the recent sale items. Most of them aren’t particularly great and just clog up my inventory with no real way to get rid of them.

5 Likes

@Rhyagelle Fell down a nerding rabbit hole and just made a small thread update here. Will try once I’m too overwhelm to keep on reading, lol. Thanks.

5 Likes

I know this is the sale thread, but I feel like new features that came with the sale should come into this thread too. They now made it possible to directly send digital gift cards to family and friends!

7 Likes