E3: 2018 Conferences Over.

Prepare yourselves for the Electronic Entertainment Expo better know as E3 as it starts today June 9 at (check your local time below).

E3TimeTable

Share your joy, expectations, sadness, anger, disappointment and why not, your hate for corporate greed too because we all know this is what is all about :smiley:

Jokes aside, what are you expecting of this yearā€™s show? a game announcement? new DLC or update? a new service? or perhaps as rumors say about SONY, a new console?

Personally Iā€™m not much of a sucker for whatever companies want me to get hyped, and I know most trailers are just rigged presentations; I just watch it because ā€œshinyā€ things, but I know some of you would go OMG, this the best thing eva!!! or Not again with this friggin BS!!!.

Regardless of, I know some will be watching because ā€œnew gamesā€, some wonā€™t because ā€œwaste of timeā€ along with some others in between, but no matter what you think of it, above anything else, please, stay calm and be polite.

Now get some popcorn and get cozy for the show!!! If you want that is.

EAā€™s conference is done and over and boy it was boring, but if you missed and/or wanna watch it again for some weird reason here it is.

See how I didnā€™t put ā€œtheā€ before EA now @harith?

So! another on the bag, good games, no cringe, much better than EAā€™s, although, since this is a console briefing and not just a single company, it was kind of expected. Hereā€™s the vod for your enjoymentā€¦ if you want of course.

The last one for today, Bethesda managed to impress while staying more or less the same, good announcements and games from the same franchises you know and probably love plus a lil teaser for what is to come, take a look at it, or donā€™t, itā€™s your choice.

And then thereā€™s Devolver, Iā€¦ I donā€™t know with these guys anymoreā€¦

And here it is, the most disappointing ā€œconferenceā€ so farā€¦ I mean, not really itā€™s just a video a-la Nintendoā€¦ but worse, itā€™s a short one too, so here you have it.

Ubisoft, with more of the same stuff we expected from them, both cringe and game wise, although, that Beyond G&E2 prerendered trailer was cool, as well as the new Assassins Creed.

Donā€™t forget to pick your free copy of For Honor by the way

The PC Showā€¦ which I skipped cuzā€¦ I couldnā€™t care, but if you saw it, tell us how great it was.
No link sadly, because I couldnā€™t find someone who uploaded it without their obnoxious voice over it.

And the last one of the lot, which I missed, so if you excuse me Iā€™m gonna watch it nowā€¦
Here it is if you missed tooā€¦

I know Nintendo is next, but cā€™mon, itā€™s just a video.
ā€“ But you put Squareā€™s too!
Alright, Iā€™ll put once it comes up.

15 Likes

itā€™s called E3 though, not ā€œthe E3ā€, just like we donā€™t say ā€œthe Inferryā€

4 Likes

EA as always didnā€™t impress at the E3

3 Likes

But what if you do say it like that huh? HUH?
Just look at @Truly there.
But Iā€™ll edit it thou.

@Truly The only thing I was interested in was Anthem, and that was bland as f$%&!.

pretty sure @Truly was saying it like that cuz itā€™s funny now

1 Like

Itā€™s ā€œE3ā€ if you use ā€œE3ā€ as the (nick)name of the conference, and itā€™s ā€œthe E3ā€ if youā€™re using ā€œE3ā€ as an acronym for the full name of the show. It sounds fine if you say and mean ā€œat E3ā€, but weird if you mean ā€œat Electronic Entertainment Expoā€. Neither is wrong.

3 Likes

Look at you and your sneaky edits :unamused:

1 Like

nope, u use the article ā€œtheā€ with ā€œinitialismsā€, like ā€œthe FBIā€, where u pronounce each letter individually, but not with acronyms, where u dont pronounce each letter, hence itā€™s ā€œE3ā€, but it would be ā€œthe EEEā€

thatā€™s why we donā€™t say ā€œthe NASAā€ but ā€œNASAā€ and we do say ā€œthe CIAā€

2 Likes

only edited the title after u edited yr post, k? yr editing yr post meant the title could be edited too imo, wouldnā€™t have done it otherwise, was just doing it cuz it was faster iso also being like ā€œhey man, now u also have to edit the titleā€ā€¦

1 Like

ā€œOut of the depths I cry to you, O Lord; Lord, hear my voice!ā€ā€¦ why has it come to pass that one singular title from the EA Conference has actually stirred a smidgen of hype in my otherwise cold, cynical heart?

BTW EA is still the devil!

2 Likes

I said that because I was about to change the title when it changed on me and got the note it was you, Iā€™m not actually mad :kissing:, now if you excuse me, my burger is getting cold.

@GeekInUndies Oh yea, I nearly forgot about that one, Iā€™m only hoping it doesnā€™t become another Ashen, Iā€™ve been waiting on that one for quite some time.

3 Likes

I was only poking fun at the nitpicking.

Seriously though Iā€™m not really looking forward to seeing much at the E3s. Seeing more of Kingdom Hearts would be neat I guess. I also hope Nintendo sells me Animal Crossing againā€¦ itā€™s my FIFA, I will buy it even if they change nothing.

1 Like

haha, k, enjoy yr burger man

1 Like

I believe Iā€™ve said this already, butā€¦ I couldnā€™t care less about E3. Greedfall will be behind-closed-doors, and Crackdown was delayed to next year. Itā€™s 2015 all over again; the crap will come out in Q3, and the good games are going to take up late Winter/early Spring of next year.

1 Like

:thinking:
oh look, companies deviously convincing consumers to do their marketing, promoting and campaigning for themā€¦
-let me put my beer down so i can proper jump on this train, that is heading off the cliffsā€¦

ā€œyou darn kids with your rollingbladers and rapity rock songs, turn the music down ya hear! :triumph:, my prunes are getting disturbedā€ :older_man: -ā€œand pull yer pants up dagnabbit gd darn gudfernutin hoodlums!ā€

-srs tho, fuck e3 and the hype mentality it has bolsteredā€¦ :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure people are more excited to see which conference is gonna be a trainwreck this year and just laugh at how bad it all is, thatā€™s 90% of the reason I watch it

3 Likes

Iā€™ll probably tune into the Microsoft E3 conference. Iā€™m actually excited for those because Iā€™ve been impressed with the way Phil Spencer has been turning around Xbox, and thereā€™s been plenty of announcements on the software side that have made me drop something and go ā€œOH, NO THEY F___ING DIDNā€™T!ā€ The Xbox Original BC in particular made a mess of my desk, and trust me when I say every drop of spilled coffee was worth cleaning up. (also Iā€™m a clumsy idiot)

Iā€™m probably going to give the rest of the conference a miss, though, simply because I donā€™t really care. I may tune into whatever THQ Nordic has to announce, maybe Konamiā€™s as well if they have a main presentation (probably not), and I was interested in Focus Home before they threw out Greedfall.

Hype levels: minimum :frowning:

1 Like

No donā€™t get hyped, donā€™t feed the hype machine and never get on the hype train it only has one destination: Disappointment Central.

NOTHING You see at the Ee-three will come out the way itā€™s presented to you.

5 Likes

@Fraggles Objection, your honor: XCOM 2 was everything they showed and then some, and Sea of Thieves has probably the most honest E3 trailer of all time.

1 Like

Sure a trailer can be full of nothing and then you find out the game is as well. But thatā€™s not how the game was presented, they certainly tried to make it look like it had something going on.

I donā€™t even remember the xcom 2 presentation but Iā€™m pretty sure youā€™re wrong. :slight_smile:

1 Like