Do you remember the first game you ever played?

my sole reason for getting an N64 back in the day; I later traded it for a PS One with a classmate

5 Likes

I had no friends growing up learnt that multiplayer games are shit, single player is the only way, then you only have yourself to blame. I played a gauntlet game on PS1, with my sister, she was rubbish at it so she never completed it, got to the giant demon boss on my own, loved that when you killed him the bosses body parts all turned into ultra items xD also the only one Im really bothered about there is smash bros, I didn’t know what that was until the gamecube had been out 2 years. we had bomberman on ps1, star fox is LAME, so really not very much I missed out on xD I mean I was playing bluestinger from maybe the age of 10 up so I would have been fine with doom at that age as well, seemed my mind was beyond its capabilities, I’ve never liked bright colourful games aimed at kids. Totally never liked sonic and his bright blueness oh no, definitely never fell for that and grew up drawing sonic fan fic OCs where he was a Saiyan. Goldeneye was pretty good too but I played the superior PS2 version <3

3 Likes

it isn’t when yr a kid rly, then it’s

5 Likes

Oh you weren’t a starfox fan? I loved it. I think the best part about it for me was that your performance was directly tied to the difficulty so you saw completely different levels (and ending) depending on how well (or poorly) you did :slight_smile:

:smiley: lol

5 Likes

that was my opinion from when I was a kid xD I didn’t even want it, I’d heard of it and I said “what do you do in it?” and you know what they replied? “B A R R E L R O L L” so I discovered a meme, then, in 19 whenever. and knew, “huh, I want nothing on this conformist bullshit” and became a fascist piece of shit there and then xD

not that it’s a bad game, just the hype killed it. the gameplay is adequate, to this day.

6 Likes

hahaha

I have such fond memories playing goldeneye multiplayer vs my class mates; that was huge back then

4 Likes

“class mates”?

what are those?

have you ever spent maybe collectively a year playing multiplayer games by yourself? running around the world finding the weapons then firing them into the void?

syphon filter I spent the most time on alone in mutiplayer maps, goldeneye being the second, my sister would play that occasionally but she hated the fact I could win, like most other people.

5 Likes

lol, u didn’t go to school either? too conformist for yr liking?

5 Likes

I wasn’t allowed friends.

friends need to like you back, that never happened.

3 Likes

I mostly had class antagonists myself, but we did play Quake together now and then which was and remains the best multiplayer experience I think I’ve ever had.

5 Likes

k well now I don’t know whether yr joking or not…

3 Likes

I have more friends now than I did growing up, and I only have 1.

friends to me, are humans who you know the physical embodiment of, by the way, you’re all lovely people but no one here is a “friend” 'cause no one here could ever come round to my house and I can finally sweep the dust of this second dreamcast controller, and play powerstone 2.

my growing up was so fucking lonely, If I didn’t have games aimed at people alone, single player, I would be the most depressed angsty, spiteful piece of shit ever right now.

thank you ANY and ALL single game designers, people like me needed you growing up.

sorry guys I’m feeling really shitty today and I may or not have reflected those feelings onto here, the first media form I laid my fingers on, tears were in my eyes for a few of these messages. Apologies to anyone offended.

being alone sucks.

8 Likes

yo, no problem man, it saddens me, but don’t be so hard on yourself k? There’s no reason to call yrself a pos RLY. From what we can see here yr a decent dude, so just take it ez. Stuff gets better with time usually. One day u’ll find the love of yr life, and then u’ll be the happiest dude, and before u know it yr friend(s) will be complaining u never have time for them anymore.

8 Likes

man, yr cracking me up with yr antagonists; I’m starting to think yr a real-life super hero

7 Likes

It’s normal to have feelings and express them man ^^ you don’t need to apologise for opening up.

You’re the nicest person that has ever held me at gun point, If you feel like talking to somebody and you see me conected on Steam (Even playing, don’t worry) Hit me up :hugs:

8 Likes

I woke up late and we talking about childhoods and mine was all avoiding real life and going into games xD so it just all mixed up in there, I’d not had my morning smoke yet either. :stuck_out_tongue: thanks you for all the support, even if it was only a little breakdown xD

6 Likes

Gee, I wonder why that would be :thinking:

That explains it :joy:

8 Likes

6 Likes

9 kids is impressive how do you even remember their names, I can barely remember what day it is sometimes. xD

8 Likes

lol, there’s quite the difference between remembering yr kids’ names and what day of the week it is; I also raise (well, we raise them together ofc, but I’m the breadwinner :slightly_smiling_face:) my wife’s 2 sons btw (and no, those are not included in the 9, but i do have one son who died due to a birth defect when he was only 5 days old [there was a possibility of saving him with an operation, but sadly he was too weak to survive that], which was the hardest thing I’ve ever been through, and i do include him ofc); their father died in a car accident when they were very young (only 2 years old and 2 months old)

[not sure why im sharing all this here, lol, but i guess it goes with my previous comments of having nothing to hide i guess]

3 Likes