Detective Pikachu

This really deserves its own thread.

Now that you’ve all subjected yourselves to that… What did you think?

It wasn’t nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. How it actually is though will remain to be seen.

10 Likes

:point_up: -i’ll maybe be able to provide additional thoughts in 72hours after they release my from this weirdly padded room :rofl:

6 Likes

Sorry…I too posted this in the Currently Watching thread.

I think this looks like genius. If it had been anyone else then perhaps it wouldn’t be so appealing…but Ryan Reynolds? Genius.

6 Likes

i legit thought i was “hearing things”, or being punked, like as if it was the weirdest Deadpool 3 trailer ever, -having just come off from rewatching Deadpool 1+2 in a row :joy:
guess i can’t separate the man from the role for now :smile:

but either way, for now it still seems a bit trippy o.O

6 Likes

on that note, anyone but me just “overall” weirded out by “talking pikachu”?
-i was so not prepared for that fella to have a vocabulary :grin:

6 Likes

Sorry! I didn’t even realise you did (I was around 200 posts back, hadn’t read that far up).

@Gnuffi I’m not really sure why but it bothers me less since only the main character can understand Pikachu. The whole premise is really weird and off the wall, but I think I’m kinda looking forward to it?

The designs for the realistic-ish Pokémon are really good though.

4 Likes

I think it looks amazing. Had zero expectations for it, and I’m not a big Pokemon fan, but I can’t wait to see it now.

7 Likes

The game is pretty good, I expect nice things from this movie.

3 Likes

11 Likes

My sentiments, exactly.

2 Likes

I think Ryan Reynolds is a fine choice. It makes sense that it’s him they pick, but i’m more partial to the rough and really profound voice of Japanese pikachu in the game. It’s like a cute fluffy dwarf Kiryu.

3 Likes

I thought it looked good, and I originally thought it was going to be trashy looking. Some of the Pokemon are frightening looking, but they don’t particuarly look bad.

I hope it is good.

2 Likes

Looks like Diablo on mobile to me…

4 Likes

Do not get me wrong. I would be absolutely ecstatic if this movie worked and therefore succeeded financially. But stylistically that Jigglypuff looks repulsive(and some of the others also), compared to the Mr.Mime which looks very much like his in game counterpart. Creepy as hell. :grinning:

3 Likes

deadpool as picatchu… idk how i feel about that but no matter what, i’m going to see the movie just because there’s a slight chance that it is good.

i’m happy they didn’t went the creepy way with the pokemon look…

also does anyone know why there’s more than one cubone?
the origin story of cubone is that he is the last survivor of his speacies, his mom died when he was little and not being able to grief or w/e started wearing the skull of his mother… sad && creepy shit but doesn’t make sense in the pokemon universe

3 Likes

I don’t see anyone being opposed/indifferent/etc towards this one sooooo I’ll just go ahead and say this:

I personally think the trailer looks good, but I dislike Ryan Reynolds and think this is going to have the same generic comedy he always drops.

Sorry, “kids” :woman_shrugging:

One thing though:

I FLIPPIN’ LOVE PSYDUCK! THAT ONE SECOND OF HIM IN THE TRAILER JUST MADE GO AAAAA

7 Likes

“Damn. The real world looks crazy dude.”

5 Likes

Got anymore of that mush

4 Likes

I don’t mind Reynolds, and I like some of his things, but I agree. I’m really hoping that since he’s just Pikachu’s voice it’ll be driven by the other characters more.

That Psyduck is both cute and terrifying.

4 Likes

“Of course detective. I couldn’t possibly be responsible for the homicide.”

RECORD SCRATCH

“Yup, that’s me. You’re proba…”

6 Likes