Destiny 2 FREE on Battle.net

We’re celebrating Destiny’s first year on Blizzard Battle.net with a free digital copy of Destiny 2 on PC. Claim your gift by November 18:

https://www.destinythegame.com/battlenet

21 Likes

umm… oops, looks like @NICK9X9 and I posted almost simultaneously… someone @delenn13 or @PeteMcc want to help with a couple of thread merges?

7 Likes

They also recently changed it so purchasing the latest Forsaken expansion also unlocks the 2 earlier DLC. Previously you had to purchase the 2 DLC before being able to add Forsaken to your account. This was an inconvenience to people who had the base game and just wanted Forsaken. Now you only need to buy Forsaken after redeeming this offer to access all current content.

I love the art direction they went with. The environments are beautiful.

8 Likes

Apparently all you have to do is log into battle dot net and claim it…

So far what I can see the deal is available until November 18…

Battle dot net announcement here:
https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/blizzard/22649418/destiny-2-pc-free-on-battle-net-through-november-18

Gift page here:
https://us.account.blizzard.com/gifts/?blzcmp=blizzard-news

Going to test it out soon.

EDIT:

1. Created Battle dot net account, confirmed with email subscription confirmation.

2. You need to use a valid phone number for SMS confirmation on your account if you are creating a new account. (I had to do this.)

3. go to the gift page link above, and click claim. (You do not need the battle dot net client installed to claim your free copy.

8 Likes

I guess they didn’t sell enough copies and need some more people to try it before they launch an expansion or something. Activision giving games away is a really weird thing to happen. But thanks for the heads up, guess I’ll boot up the old battlenet launcher today.

9 Likes

you know what :thinking:, i’ll grab this “just because” :+1:, but i probably wont play it anyway Activision :rofl:

7 Likes

I just head an echo…

The reason I went ahead and did was so I can inform any chronies about whether or not a client installation is required… and fortunately it was not…

7 Likes

The hero we need. :butterfly:

6 Likes

you mean just for the claim or actual Destiny 2 installation ? (i’d assume at least the destiny installation would require the launcher? -but makes sense if the claim itself might not)

6 Likes

Makes me glad I skipped out on the Monthly it was on a little while back.

6 Likes

Correct, I claimed it from the gift page on the web browser… I did not install the client at all.

I am fumbling around the website and nowhere does it say that I now own a copy of the game… *sigh… maybe someone familiar with it can enlighten my path?

3 Likes

They actually recently released the Forsaken expansion that fixed a lot of criticism people had with the game. It’s in a good spot now.

I think this offer is just Activision trying to sell more copies of Forsaken down the road. The base game wasn’t worth much on its own anymore since there’s also the other 2 DLC and Forsaken content. The base game was also being bundled into GPU offers up until Forsaken’s release and a $60 bundle of all the content and base game was offered as well. They way they sell additional content releases incrementally isn’t something I’ve really seen other publishers do but I really think this promo offer (and the GPU bundle) is just to get more people into the game and get some of those user’s to buy into the latest expansion. The base game just serves as a similar marketing purpose of a demo in a way.

3 Likes

I managed to get 4 TF2 keys out of it, so sucks to any traders out there still peddling base Destiny 2 keys…

3 Likes

:raised_hand:
-i never got around to handing my monthly copy out :smile:
suppose will just try to gift it sometime “after” the freebie expires, and see if there are still some “willing victims” by then hahah :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Now the issue is that a lot of the game is locked behind DLC.

5 Likes

wow; this is a OMGWTF! in my book

I’ll happily play through this game and might try some multiplayer too

[edit: 80 gigs, ehum, euh, ok, I think I’ll do so next month or even later then seen as i already installed FO4, Bioshock Infinite, and Bioshock 1 this (internet) month; i only have 500 gigs/month]

[edit: second edition: i actually started downloading it as i realized my month will reset in 2-3 days and i haven’t hit my limit (not even my 80% warning) yet, so i might as well get the most out of my monthly limit]

8 Likes

Thanks, @NICK9X9 and @YQMaoski!:+1:t2:

4 Likes

A month after I bought it. :sweat_smile:

Well, hopefully this picks up the game’s community!

EDIT

RIP people with no mobile phones and kids

5 Likes

Thanks for the notice. In case anyone is kinda active in Battle my ID is Eidos#2680 (EU mainly) but keep in mind my current ram is 4GB, and minimun recommended is 6 for Destiny, so… I can help you with Heartstone quests I guess?

8 Likes

Not that I’m bothered since I don’t really think I’d ever play this, but this point effectively excludes me. I had a mobile, but I haven’t used it for about 10 months for anything but the Steam Authenticator and my number got cancelled.

4 Likes