Dead Cells - Daily Run Breakdowns

27.08.2018 Daily Run Breakdown

I will try to keep short for today, because you already have a pretty on point input of how bad it really is :smiley: Somehow I’m at #3 spot for few hours though - the highest I’ve reached!

Thanks to @Fraggles (don’t you dare hide your breakdown!) I gave the starting default Rusty Sword some attempts after previously I deemed it somehow worse than the Valmont’s Whip which was huge mistake. At firs of course I managed to die 30-40 times with the Cursed Sword in the span of 10 minutes :smiley:

You already have some insight about the Biome and I can’t agree more with Fraggles so I won’t describe it this time :slight_smile:

GEAR

Rusty Sword - it’s really bad for sure, but can help initiating the speed boost until we grab better weapon. I try to kill only enough enemies with it to get speed and than maintain it in the first long section horizontally to the right.

Hayabusa Gountlets - unfortunately drop only on 4 Cells active and they made the run pretty easy for me by lashing out incredible damage - everything dies from like 1 hit. Don’t worry though … even without those you will be able to completely the run for the sake of it, because of the following 2 items:

Double Crossb-o-matic - Pretty close to the start and probably it’s better on ZERO Cells, because Fraggles said it has “Spreads burning oil” modifier. It’s thrown and forget most of the times - it can lash out insane amount of dmg while you are close to it to keep it operational.

Fire Grenade - Yet again - throw and forget and on ZERO cells you will get pretty good synergy with the turret, but I will advice to use them separately before you can grab a decent main weapon. You don’t want to be on 2 cooldowns only relying on the Rusty Sword.

Pyrotechnics - Probably the most valuable thing for ZERO cell attempts, but being so deep in the dungeon is what makes this run harder than usually. I almost didn’t had to use it on 4 Cells, but proved useful to deal with enemies on the far side of the screen instead of running to them.

EDIT : Important one for ZERO cell players - There’s a Balanced Blade between the teleporter for the Pyrotechincs and the cursed chest, but probably you won’t need it after grabbing Pyro.

PATHING

Area #1 - I marked it on the map right to the elite, because I was mainly sprinting to him for the Hayabusa Gountlets drop. I killed few enemies at the start and than just maintained my speed boost by stomping on the Inquisitors. I take the turret before the second teleporter (to make easy work on the Elite) and head back up skipping the star and grabbing the fire nade. After killing the elite I had to loop back killing everything that’s left by taking advantage of the 2 stars. This is huge time loss, so every dodge master will go with the Cursed Sword instead, but so far there are no such masters with better score than mine.

Area #2 - nothing spectacular here so kill whatever you deem worthy, but it’s marked because after it you can go either for 3 or 4. I had better timing with the current order, but for some reason I think getting the Cursed chest + the scroll before it might speed things up - it’s 2 points of stats increase after all!

Area #3 - Pretty good place for making tons of score, because the star is at it’s entrance and this allows for taking advantage of it’s full potential.

Area #4 - You can use the star at the right of the teleporter in 3 ways - Either kill everything around it or kill everything before it and when you grab it go towards the chest. I can’t recommend the 3rd way but it’s exactly what you guessed - go to area #5 with it.

Area #5 - Here you will be able to get to the only viable weapon if you are at ZERO cells, but requires having the Teleportation Rune. Get the secret for easy +20 points too. I leave all the monsters on the platform below the secret untouched - that way I can take full advantage of the Star in the Pyrotechnics room on my way back.

Area #6 - The perfect Curse clearer from the chest from #5

Area #7 - Tons of enemies, but at this point you will have decent gear to clear all of them while making use of the 3 stars.

Boss Fight - You won’t have issues with the Pyrotechnics here, but I kill the boss for like 3-4 seconds, because the Hayabusa Gountlets have +100% DMG to a burning target. He swings once and he is dead.

At time of posting #3 in the scoreboard in 51 tries > Leaderboards 27th of August 20181

Hopefully I will be able to keep this rank with the 5 hours remaining.

GL HF and see you tomorrow! :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

This is awesome…Keep it up!:+1:t2::sunglasses::heart_eyes::star_struck:

7 Likes

You are #1 in the non-cheating category… :slight_smile: Congrats!

8 Likes

is anyone actually doing these or are we all here just to cheer on onLooSe?

7 Likes

@Fraggles for sure is getting the hang of those and I doubt without his help I would have gotten this far.

The idea of this and why I’m doing it is when some of you guys get interested and involved we can exchange information. When you have limited time testing new Routs / pathing and Gear combinations can be tedious. When I give you a proper grasp of what’s going on you can improve on it and pitch in some info back so we can be chronies in top of the leaderboards together.

Don’t forget you can get 3 blueprints by doing the daily runs (at day 1,5 and 10) even if you are new player… all items on my maps (except drops) are still there but they will have different to even no modifiers. Having the map should help just grabbing the scrolls and the Gear you need to finish it without any issues and claim your prizes.

7 Likes

28.08.2018 Daily Run Breakdown

This time around we do have Golems at the Slumbering Sanctuary version, but thankfully we also have decent starter weapon to deal with them - the Torch. Don’t forget if you go unnoticed you can completely avoid dealing with them until you get the turrets - Barnacle and the Heavy Turret!
It’s not really interesting daily run so I won’t go into much details.

GEAR

Torch - Mostly hit and forget, especially after picking few scrolls to increase your damage. I rolled with it from the start until the end!

Magnetic Grenade - Nothing spectacular to say about it … it helps to cluster some enemies like 2 or 3 times before you get to the turrets which are one after another.

Barnacle - Really good turret because shoots vertically which allows it to cover platforms above and bellow you!

Heavy Turret - Shoots slow but it’s a heavy hitter. Unfortunately for my runs it didn’t had “shot pierce the first target” modifier, but I couldn’t part with it because of the absurd horizontal range it has.

Impaler - Might help you… might not, but it’s there so it’s a worthy mention because of it’s reach compared to the torch. I barely used it.

PATHING

Right of the start there are 2 secrets for +20 pts each so don’t forget those. Where I market the star there’s a Root Grenade which is actually completely useless, but might help you to take the Golems initially.

Area #1 - Don’t forget the scroll with the Vine Rune here and this is the first turret place.

Area #2 - Really nothing of value if you don’t plan to use the impaler - just extra points.

Area #3 - I decided to open the boss path so early because the previous teleporter is at an really odd place, but unfortunately whatever order you chose - it will lose you time.

Area #4 - The star is really badly placed and that’s why I decided to go with it to area #5 where I can grab the other one exactly as this runs out while killing some enemies and taking advantage of the extra points.

Area #5 - I suppose on low cells the Elite will drop an amulet which probably will be + stat point so it’s worth to kill it.

Area #6 - Nothing fancy again for this except it has 2 stars and you might want to get cursed for the extra scroll :slight_smile:

Area #7 - 2 stars and a Gem drop while I was using it to break my curse off.

Boss Fight - With both of the turrets and the Torch this fight shouldn’t take you long at all.

At time of posting #4 in the scoreboard in 8 tries > Leaderboards 28th of August 2018

5 Likes

Any golems on this map?

3 Likes

Plenty! But the torch and the turrets do amazing job with them :stuck_out_tongue:
Considering I’m still 4th in my ONLY 8 attempts … they aren’t scary at all this time!

2 Likes

29.08.2018 Daily Run Breakdown

Pretty EZ PZ little run, because oh well… Prisoners’ Quarters!

GEAR

Right before the boss there’s a Cudgel drop and I was sure it wasn’t there for 0 Cells, but I decided to do a test - it’s in a chest instead replacing another thing that’s not worth mentioning. I went without using a secondary before it and I doubt it’s that important for Prisoners’ Quarters Biome where everything dies from the breeze. It’s only useful against the boss yet again.

Torch - Mostly hit and forget, especially after picking few scrolls to increase your damage. I rolled with it from the start until the end! AGAIN!

Swarm - It’s really bad indeed … the little rascals don’t seem to have any teeth at all, but proved useful for few tosses where you decide to go to another platform while they try to kill something - SLOWLY.

Barnacle - Really good turret because shoots vertically which allows it to cover platforms above and bellow you!

Infantry Grenade - It’s not the best damage ever but for this run is great because of the low health of the enemies. The cooldown is so small you can use it constantly for extra damage.

Tornado - I haven’t tested it much, but I decided to deem it USELESS! It’s so far in the run I can’t help you a lot with most of the clusters out there.

PATHING

Important to mention is that area #2 and #4 aren’t connected light it might seem on the map - they are actually walled off with their different access junctions!

Area #1 - Decided to go there for the Barnacle turret first so it can help me fight on multiple platforms on the same time + cursed chest so you should have +3 skill scrolls from doing this.

Area #2 - Not much to talk here… get advantage of the star, the Amulet from the Elite and another Scroll.

Area #3 - I decided it’s worthy to grab the Infantry Grenade as soon as possible - it helps a lot for clearing everything.

Area #4 - Here you might grab the Cudgel for the boss fight and take advantage of another curse, a star and the last Scroll that’s out for free.

Area #5 - Extra points plus a nice tiny curse clear before the Elite.

Area #6 - Here I spent 2 runs to check how I can get the most value. The best way is to grab the start from Area #7 and drop down right away!

Area #7 - Here we will simply go with the start from area #6 while opening the chest and still having a lot of time to clear everything in 7 with it.

Boss Fight - With 2 parries, the turret and the nade it should take you like 10-15 seconds to take this one out!

At time of posting #5 in the scoreboard in 8 tries > Leaderboards 29th of August 2018

5 Likes

30.08.2018 Daily Run Breakdown

No description today and I’m really sorry… Decided it’s Hollow Knight day (I blame @Gnuffi) :smiley: It’s really easy run though so you won’t have any issues with it at all.
One thing though… I started with the Impaler of course and it took me like 5 tries to get top 5… It’s really op In the sewers. I’m even not gonna push it with 5 more runs for number 1. We still have tomorrow.

At time of posting #4 in the scoreboard in 5 tries > Leaderboards 30th of August 2018

8 Likes

Now it is I that you have to beat! @onLooSe @Fraggles

I defeated the Hand of the King on the new save but I forgot that I had the castlevania music mod enabled and didn’t get the achievement :sob:

@Wait
When does the daily reset? I think this was still the yesterday one…

@Nevermind
It’s a new one, but seems to be the same starting weapons, I don’t remember anymore!

7 Likes

Haha nice job Enki :stuck_out_tongue: I never modded the game so far, so had no idea you can’t get the achievements while having mods on.

The daily resets at about 00 : 00 UTC everyday

I don’t know if I will have the time to go again for it today. Hopefully I will do it, but when there are only like 3 hours left. Now you still have 7 hours + :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

I shall have you all know I started a new save ereyesterday and shall, henceforth, endeavor firstly in actually unlocking the gorram dailies. :joy:

I suck so much at this game I don’t even have words, guys. My brain just thinks this is some kind of button-mashing competition and my heart still wants to use the shield even though it sucks ass :joy: :joy:

@Enki I totally admire your 474 rank, nice one, my dude. You show 'em.

BRB gone to buy black chicken.

6 Likes

Well now that I have someone to compete with that I can actually hope to measure up against, I actually tried a little harder.

6 Likes

@onLooSe
My guess is that it is like that because some people use mods to make the game easier. So, devs decided to disable achievements while there are mods enabled. I only realised because I was missing just a few of the normal achievements and it didn’t pop, so I looked in the discussion boards. I was trying the “corrupted looks” mod before to make the game look a bit more macabre but it had some weird textures glitches.

@coralinecastell
You know, I have to give them a chance.

http://favoritememes.com/_nw/21/17312936.jpg
Truth is, I’m just trying to get the blueprints from daily, I have no stamina to run dailies for perfect scores. heh

@Fraggles
333, you are the son of the beast!
Funny thing is, I also completed with like 1 or 2 seconds left. :rofl:

6 Likes

Ran again, figured I’d try to go for the whip faster and then return to other areas to clear them once I had a weapon that works. Amusingly managed to get the same points as your last rank, 747.

7 Likes

I FINALLY BEAT THE CONCIERGE AND UNLOCKED THE DAILY RUNS. :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

It did not totally take me 8 hours and several runs and also I do not suck at this game no not at all.

Awww yissss. Y’all better get your butts ready for some kickin’ by yours truly. :joy:

10 Likes

Welcome%20small
Bring it on!

7 Likes

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.

I am now rank #5036!

WHAT SAY YOU TO THAT? HUH?!

Also I’m super proud of myself because I beat the concierge on my 5/6th try (can’t remember exactly), and on that same run managed to reach the next boss and almost kill him too! I was this close to freezing him to death, but the lil bastard had to go and pull me, didn’t he?

Smart-ass idiot getting all handy.

I’ll show him. :angry:

special thanks to @onLooSe for listening to my ranting for probably forever. Dude’s as patient as they come hahaha :joy:

10 Likes

Pics or it didn’t happen

Congratulations <3

7 Likes