04.12.2018 Daily Run Breakdown with VIDEO + live commentary
Only #2 in the live version unfortunately, but I don’t find this daily to be really amusing to push for #1
Toxic Sewers biome with a twist - the scrolls are really spread out so you gotta go grab the Cursed chests before the last 2 Scrolls.
Frantic Sword - Our starting weapon of choice and you can use it to finish the run perfectly fine!
Torch - Went for this for main while still keeping the Frantic Sword available, because it kills a bit faster and it’s hit and forget, especially after picking few scrolls to increase your damage. If you don’t get it on the Cells active you are playing in keep the sword and you will be fine.
Root Grenade - Not the best… actually not really useful, but it has to do for more than a half of the run! Kills the Kamikaze bats (like everything does) in one toss and you can make some use of it locking a cluster of enemies together before they spread around - for easier kills.
Powerful Grenade - Now that’s worth it if you manage to get it in your Cells active, because it kills almost everything in one toss in this biome. If you don’t get it, there’s an alternative soon enough.
Heavy Turret - Far better than the Root 'Nade especially if it has pierce the first target modifier.
Quick Bow - I didn’t picked it up, but if you don’t have the Torch in your run it’s viable option to second your Frantic Sword - it kills Kamikaze bats from a distance with ease of course.
Barnacle - It’s your replacement for the Powerful Grenade if you don’t encounter it in your run. By now you should know it can be really good and useful.
Wrenching Whip - If you don’t want to drop below 50% HP it’s viable alternative compared to the other starter choice - Hayabusa Boots which have far shorter range and in my opinion they are pretty bad for this biome.
ROUTING / PATHING
Area #1 - Apart from the Root Grenade and the Skill Scroll you have to build your speed boost and get damaged below 50% of your HP if you are gonna use the Frantic Sword.
Area #2 - 2 Stars unfortunately right off the bat, but there’s no other way around delaying this area much. You will get 2 Skill Scrolls - one for free after the teleporter and 1 from the Cursed Chest.
Area #3 - If you don’t feel like getting cursed for a second time in a row you can always first go to Area #4, but here you can double on the stars for a second at least and I really wanted that 'nade.
Area #4 - the 3rd free Skill Scroll right before the boss and the Heavy Turret for sure can be useful for the remaining parts of the run.
Area #5 - Last Skill Scroll here so now you will have maximum damage. You can opt for the Barnacle if you didn’t came across the Powerful 'Nade from the second Cursed chest.
Area #6 - This can be your Area #2 if you don’t feel like dropping down to less than 50% HP and use the Wrenching Whip as your weapon of choice.
Area #7 - There’s Elite for sure here in every difficulty, so for some this might be the only amulet available, so it’s possible you will want to go through this zone earlier than me.
Boss Fight - LOL
CasUl runs… or actually not so casual. I would like to summon this time @Enki because he showed some interested in me playing and commentating over the regular playthrough of the game.
My idea is to try to make it a bit fun for me as well with a little challenge, so it will be far off from like tutorial or in depth explanation thing (there’s plenty of those in youtube already). The plan is to do a full playthrough from zero Cells to beating 4 Cells in less runs as possible in new save file - from the very start in the current live version of the game. Almost forgot to mention - when I beat a difficulty I’m not allowed to play on it anymore.
This in general leads to few main gameplay points:
- I can’t restart a run at all, which means I can’t just go gather all the runes one by one and than go to the Hand of the King for the first time - I have to carry my ass there and beat him with the vine rune if I don’t die in the first encounter.
- My expectations for 0 Cells is more than 60% to finish it in the first run and 1 Cell - about 50%, which means it will be different route every time so I can unlock the runes and to collect blueprints and necessary things. Things get more interesting in 2,3,4 Cells of course when I get there.
- Tied to points 1 and 2 I won’t have much Cells available to upgrade everything I actually want. Which will handicap my runs significantly. Almost no weapon upgrades at the Forge and it’s pretty possible I won’t get the 4th Flask before 4 Cells active.
- I have to spent a bit extra time trying to get necessary blueprints, which includes killing more enemies than I usually do and go out of my way to pick up the ones that are permanent in particular biomes.
- Despite point 4 - timed doors will always be a priority for me, but expected times for 1 run is a tad bit longer - around 35 mins in game clock ~ 50 ~ 60 mins per video.
- Gradual increase in the difficulty like that will eventually work ok for me, because as you probably know I don’t do regular runs pretty often now.
- Perfect possible outcome will be to be over with this in 10 videos … the possibility is really low though, because when I attempted this like few months ago I had 15 deaths/runs and I was at 3 Cells when I decided that I failed. The worst possible scenario is if this takes me more than 40 runs, which is possible with all the RNG going on .
If someone is interested in something like this - please do let me know. All modification suggestions are welcomed!
I hope you will enjoy the today’s video and even try it yourself! Have a great… whatever you are having and cheers!