Cool, funny, weird, etc. (non-game-related) YouTube Videos you recommend

yeah, he’s basically illustrating what he’s imagining the guy who moved in from him upstairs must have been doing for months. He eventually got the landlord, police, and city council involved and when all failed he decided to move out and basically suggests ppl do the same when stuck in the same position cuz obtaining peace and quiet is worth it

2 Likes

The future is here.

2 Likes

:unamused:

3 Likes

And of course, the trailer DC fans have been waiting for:

3 Likes

The dishwasher was a neat idea up until they got to the cassette part. You apparently can work around it but cassettes are going to end up just another way to weasel money out of people. Just like how ink works for printers. Ink is super expensive and never lasts as long as it should.

3 Likes

my issue with it is that it’s just another example of waste arriving from max peak human laziness
… when you have so little amount of dishwashing to be done to be “able” to use this thing, you could wash it by hand in 5mins, and probably with less waste/impact :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

That was my assumption for a long time and why I’ve been telling myself to not get lazy and give in to the temptation of getting a dish washer for myself. But looking at them today they’re using very small amounts of water. I was looking at a full sized one using a mere 9l of water for a full wash. That only half fills my kitchen sink and that’s not even counting the water I’m using to rinse the dishes. Turns out I could get a large proper one, run it quarter empty once a day and still use less water than I do currently doing the dishes by hand every 3 or so days.

There is admittedly a power consumption added to that, since for the most part they draw cold water and heat it up. I have not done the math on that aspect.

3 Likes

for big ones yes, for that small one, no, and not just in terms of water, but power, and “construction costs”
you can also get an “industrial” washer that is even more efficient water wise because of the high pressure and steam but that little fecker there appeared to have 0 “punch” and went through a lot of water for a small amount of “dishes”/compartment size

2 Likes

unless it’s a pos like the one in my apartment that fails to complete a wash if you manage to put something as simple as a spatula in it because apparently that’s too tall even though it has clearance.

1 Like

wonder if this could improve 5th wave feminism :thinking:

4 Likes

Broadcasted when it was still passable on TV… lol… I wonder how old this video is. I will show my wife, I think she will find it very funny.

3 Likes

awesome these people get fixed/relief :pensive::+1:

but i’m still convinced most chiropractors are hoaxing hocus pocus :no_mouth:

3 Likes

Well, there is no proof of chiropracty healing anything, but some studies indicate they might be useful for treating the pain symptoms which in turn might make it easier to do exercises to build up the affected muscles.

Part of the problem is the lack of a placebo makes it impossible to run a double-blind study.
I do agree that it’s most of the time likely a waste of time and money.

3 Likes

It wouldn’t be entirely impossible to run a double blind, it’d just be expensive and unpleasant. If you anesthetized all the participants none of them would know what happened to them you could probably get pretty reliable results.

1 Like

Try putting that past the ethics board… (Not sure how to justify it, really)

2 Likes

The justification is SCIENCE!
Though to be honest I don’t really see how it’s an ethics issue if all test participants are aware of and agreed to be anesthetized for the procedure. I’d imagine the budget to make such a study at large enough a scope to be significant would be the toughest part to overcome.

1 Like

no, see, it would be unethical for something which doesn’t make big pharma billions to be given a valid chance to be proven effective :slight_smile:

(I’m only commenting about how the pharma world operates here, not on the effectiveness or noneffectiveness of the the subject at hand)

2 Likes

I am just thinking about the risks of anesthesia and that for evaluating (likely a not very small group of people either) the response to chiropratic adjustments, which completely doesn’t require anesthesia. However, on the other hand, people under anesthesia are much more relaxed, so it might affect the results, because you would have to find out whether the people under anesthesia are able to get better adjustments compared to people who are wide awake and with it. So at the end of the day, even if there’s benefit demonstrated, it may not be fully generalizable to awake chiropractic adjustments.

Of course the cost would be huge as well, as you mentioned.

5 Likes

Shoutout to the Brazilian Chronians in the forums! :wink:

3 Likes
4 Likes