Cool, funny, weird, etc. (non-game-related) YouTube Videos you recommend

Honestly, IMO, the way I see Star Wars as a whole is that the OT is worth experiencing THE MOST if only for a historical purpose but the others I just see as supplementary material. You will get something good (Ep III is one of my favourites in the franchise, don’t @ me), and something bad (hmm idk I guess the Holiday Special and Detours? But the latter was at least so bad it’s good + it never was released, which I can understand why), maybe something in between (The Old Republic is a one and done thing for me after completing all the stories that I can play without paying). Yes, I know it sounds really elitist, but I don’t disregard everything new either since they can be great in their own right.
I don’t want to tell people they are wrong for liking something after the originals or even things that are not seen as good most of the time, but more often than not I feel like I’d fall for that trap and do the opposite, perhaps I actually did so at some point in time. Which sucks honestly. The fact that some people can still enjoy it is something that is amazing, honestly, but of course there are some downsides to that. I think we all can quote that one Nerd Crew line.
Take this from someone who likes TFA and TLJ btw (haven’t watch TROS after overwhelming negative reviews).

2 Likes

I couldn’t really understand most of your reply but I appreciate the effort you put into it!

I watched 2 old-timey SW movies (I think it was the first one and the “I’m your father” one) and wheezed to death with my brother because we both agreed they were ludicrous.We then learned they were apparently widely regarded as good movies among SW fan, so that was disheartening. That’s just my opinion and everyone can watch whatever the heck they want I’m not judging.

Just leave me be and accept the fact I’m just not. Giving. SW. Another. Shot. I know it can hurt when not everyone gives a heck about the things we love but that’s life.

I have way too many movies to watch and I bloody hate modern American movies in general so I’ll just stick to directors that don’t feel like a waste of my time, like Miyazaki (Spirited Away), Bergman (Persona), Meireles (City of God) and Kusosawa (The Seven Samurai).

As for Sci-fi, I’m a big fan of Star Trek and Firefly. I’m mostly a book person when it comes to Sci-fi though, so Isamov, Pohl, Heinlein, Niven, Silverberg, etc etc. Highly recommended!

8 Likes

Censorship is getting ready. Maybe it is COPPA preparation? I wouldn’t know. So dangerous though(sarcasm).

Pretty weird to me.

6 Likes
6 Likes

I think I love this…

7 Likes

Do you need to keep checking your cell phone or twitter/Facebook, email or other account?
TL DR version for INDISTRACTABLE by Nir Eyal.

Another book I read is Digital Minimalism: Choosing a Focused Life in a Noisy World
by Cal Newport.

Ted Talk with Cal explaining the effects of social media. (link 2)

4 Likes

He has the Fastest man Guinness record. Just imagine if you were forced to listen this guy talk for 1 hour in a classroom…

5 Likes

Animator Vs. Cartoonist Draw Characters Based Only On Description

From thumbnail, they drew Raz from Psychonauts.

5 Likes

Time Travel in Fiction books and movies explained.

3 Likes

The guitar solo part in Bad is soooooo good…

My mind boggles at how he gets the timing for these…

6 Likes

i love eurotrip :joy:

:rofl: couldn’t resist

7 Likes

How did this get into my recommendations? And more importantly why have a song to promote an attraction in Universal Japan? And even more importantly does a star in the real world give you sweet dance moves?
Edit: and apparently Singapore is getting it too some day? Man what is this day?

A S$9 billion expansion by Singapore’s two integrated resorts will see Marina Bay Sands (MBS) add a new entertainment arena and hotel tower, while Resorts World Sentosa (RWS) will extend Universal Studios Singapore to include two new attractions - Minion Park and Super Nintendo World.

Source: https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/singapore-integrated-resorts-expansion-resorts-world-sentosa-mbs-11409002

4 Likes

First thing I thought of, I remember watching it and saying “damn thats amazing”

4 Likes

Jalen Rose describes how Kobe scored 81 points on the Raptors. As you probably heard, NBA player Kobe Bryant passed away in a helicopter crash on January 26.

3 Likes

This goes under the weird category. I will not allow you to miss this. It says it’s for ASMR…but seeing it is where the discomfort is.

2 Likes

Watch the series premiere of the critically acclaimed CBS All Access Original Series, Star Trek: Picard, now available on YouTube for a limited time only… (Non-pirated)

2 Likes

Chris Pratt interview and Tom Holland joins them. Tom comes in @7.56.

3 Likes

Well, I guess Freddie needs ASMR too - octopus is the stuff of nightmares.

4 Likes

Another cure all for cancer?! As always it’s in testing.

3 Likes

A closer look at the career and life of Kobe Bryant.

The Black Mamba was one of a kind and I will miss his greatness and influence on sports.

3 Likes