Cool, funny, weird, etc. (non-game-related) YouTube Videos you recommend

Saw one of this guy’s videos where one of his friends couldn’t slow down fast enough in a turn and smashed a guard rail and gashed his leg pretty good.

3 Likes

better that than wondering if it was worth it once yr in a wheelchair for life or in an early grave

3 Likes

Um, I’m terrified just looking at the speed the first guy was going at down that road. Nope. One of those things not to try just once.

2 Likes

I like movie reviews, in any shape or form. Loud and flashy, like Nostalgia Critic, or calm and cynical, like YMS or I Hate Everything.
If anyone here shares my love for this genre of videos, here’s a few maybe lesser known channels I wanna shout out real quick, before we get to the main attraction: Cynical Reviews, Steve Reviews, Mista GG, The Cosmonaut Variety Hour, 24 Frames of Nick and Saberspark, also Irish gamer CallMeKevin’s video about Neil Breen’s film Double Down was really fun.

Recently, a fun lil channel called Noodle got recommended to me, more specifically YouTube thought I’d like their then newest video about a movie called Elves (That’s where the link is going. Click it. Do it.).
He’s got some other interesting uploads as well, for example talking about cinematic games (like Uncharted, modern Tomb Raider, Dad of Boy) or metroidvania done right (comparing Super Metroid and Hollow Knight), and finally some random shit like GameGrumps and SuperMega animations, short videos about memes, and Kazoo covers of modern opera songs like Bohemian Rhapsody.
That guy is so talented, and he clearly deserves many more subscribers than the 48k he currently has. I hope I woke somebody’s interest here. Anyway, thanks for reading this. :heart:

3 Likes

Damn, that’s a funny scene. I need to see that movie sometime, I heard good things about it.
Also I recognize that place! It’s Medieval Times in LA, Game Grumps shot a super fun 10 Minute Power Hour there! :heart:

4 Likes

she should have used gueule, would probably have gotten some bonus points at least :smile:

5 Likes

Another longboarding vid my dewds & dewdettes.The redo he has to make when his slide puck gets pulled off was funny.

6 Likes

As amazing as his strength and balance is, I lost it when the car drove pass him. O_o That ups the level of danger.

Also, I wonder what his mom and dad think watching that vid. If I was a parent, I’d be freaking out so special.

3 Likes

While he gets pretty close sometimes to the cars passing by he is informed about them ahead of time. In one of the first videos i’ve watched of this guy he stated in the comment section he has a lead car about 30-40 seconds i think it was ahead telling him of upcoming cars on walkies. I guess it could be terrifying as a parent seeing them do things like this but i also guess it would be like if he was cop or stunt man where danger is always there. I guess they don’t enjoy the fact he is doing it but come to the realization it’s his passion his life and he has to live how he wants.

4 Likes

Agreed. Also, thanks for explaining about the lead cars and that he knows when to expect traffic… The run looked crazy cool, but also just plain crazy before you said that. Still trying to decide if I like that sort of thing or not - torn between the beauty of his form during the run, and the biting nails feeling of “what if he falls!” :crying_cat_face: The same twisted feeling occurs watching Motorcycle stunts.

3 Likes

Should you decide you wish to find the answer to that question there’s a decent collection of videos where it happens. I’m not sure if any of them features this fellow in particular and I suspect only the ones where the person actually walks away from it ends/stays up on youtube.

For everything else, there’s liveleak.

4 Likes

The snake road vid i posted 11days ago has him wipeout. there is also this video (below) where one of his friends hits a guard rail trying to corner and gets an injury.

4 Likes

u have to agree though that not wearing knee and elbow protection in the very least is nothing short of stupid; in this case he had knee protection but it looked like some others don’t, though maybe they do under their clothing, but still, elbows…

4 Likes

When I was learning to rollerblade, I had the whole kit - helmet, elbow and knee pads. Felt clunky but I worried a heck of a lot less about falling - which is inevitable with any sport like that.

@Animosity Did a bit more reading up on long boarding and it’s not so much the danger of the sport itself, according to some statistics, but practicing it safely. Traffic seems to biggest hazard, but it’s not like you can have a dedicated long boarding road, I guess.

Weirdest article I read was on the sport being a good form of exercise and also an alternate method of commuting. O_o

4 Likes

Works great for commuting if you’ve got downhill both ways. Would have to live in the opposite direction of everyone’s grandpa.

7 Likes
5 Likes

But that was back in their day, when it snowed 50 ft, the bears were thick across the plains and tundra and medicine wasn’t sure what caused diseases.

Nowadays they flattened the world just so you kids wouldn’t ever be able to one-up a ‘back in my day’ story.

4 Likes

A compilation of Donnie Yen’s finest. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

yip man(s) was soo good :blush:
reminds me i should probably dust of Hero, think it might be ripe for a rewatch

but comn… no Rogue One scene?? that scene was epic and hilarious :smile:

4 Likes

I’m so proud of my country’s cultural heritage

please discourse, let me post this gem. thank you.

2 Likes