Coin Shop Refill

Well said

1 Like

Your evil deeds are satisfied :smiling_imp: (please don’t report it is filthy joke :confused: )

To be honest I wasn’t the one who flagged him, but I would if he wasn’t.
Because of the emoji spam, if you have trouble figuring that out.
That’s the kind of scut a spambot would write.
Also, off-topic.

2 Likes

Wasn’t aware of the Emoji spam thing, I’ll keep that in mind next time.

(though most of this discussion is off-topic so i still dont get that bit)

1 Like

Breathe.

breathing quite fine :spy: (yes it’s a spy, they don’t have a doctor one)
if reading more than 3 lines of perfectly adequate on point replies puts you out of breath might i suggest cardio by clicking coins multiple times a day while switching up “clicker”-hand and fingers
and don’t forget to stretch when checking out the shop after, no need to exert oneself over something so relaxed and easy :scream_cat:

2 Likes

Edit: Somehow I messed up the reply. Everything before the quote is of course pertaining to that very same message.

For one who presumably or at least hopefully doesn’t work at Chrono you sure seem to take a defensive attitude towards them. I guess it’s somewhat understandable, as the service itself isn’t half bad, like I mentioned earlier. I’m in no way denying that there aren’t much worse “free” giveaways out there, merely expressing my opinion on the matter of free games as they pertain to chrono.gg. I’ve also been a part of many much easier giveaways too, but that should hardly matter either.

Which to me at least would seem like a horrible business practice.

Frustrated, entitled, lazy disgruntled attitude, in need of attitude adjustment, unappreciative. I think I got them all? You’re making a whole lot of unbased assumptions here. I know that text based communications have their shortcomings and if it was not already clear my only goal is to understand and better the system that chrono.gg currently uses. Instead I’m met with ridicule, accusations and patronizing, which frankly makes me want to not be a part of this community.

3 Likes

While I’m firmly on the ‘chill and just let chrono do their thing’ side I will have to agree with one point made here. The statements made by chrono that they want to update when they feel like it is at odds with giving the update time in minute. Even though it’s clearly a bit of a joke the specificity of the information given has clearly given people the opposite expectations to what the 2 week window was supposed to.

That said moaning about it isn’t a good look on you.
We get it though. The message has been heard, I’m sure. There is no need for further hostilities.

Thank you.

4 Likes

it has already been stated that Chrono put the “timer” there as approximate refill time,
it has even been commented in this post by chrono directly [quote=“lonin, post:6, topic:4504, full:true”]
We are precisely inaccurate.
[/quote] which should put further indication one the “lighter” side of things Chrono has applied to the subject
It has been mentioned in this thread as to why(in part) Chrono for now has decided to use the model they are going with
IF someone was even more interested in learning the other responses to the subject, one could find them outside this thread as well, but in the end wouldn’t find much more than what hasn’t already been touched on here
that should really have ended it, Chrono chose to do it this way, even if they reasons doesn’t sit with everyone, it’s still their right and it’s how it is for now,
Chrono has already responded to this matter in and outside the thread, why is that not good enough for people to accept the answer? instead launching further (completely baseless) complaints/points about something that isn’t gonna change for now, and basically already has been asked and answered multiple times
all that combined just comes of with the image of “huffy puff foot stomping”, but that might not be the image all see, some others might tho (like me)
plenty of posts with coin shop “overhaul” suggestions, if you feel like the timer is so misleading or reasons and the vagueness or “joke” isn’t at all made clear enough, post a suggestion in those that Chrono should make it more clear for the people that prefer stricter operating boundaries within their framework
just remember even if you do, and they listen, still doesn’t mean they owe any of us anything or to change it

2 Likes

Of course I as well as others in this topic understand that the time in minutes is purely for comical effect, although it contributes to the image one gets from the site. For me the quoted moderator message was the only thing I’ve read so far that would indicate that the coin shop refill times are not supposed to be accurate within maybe a few hours or so, which I initially assumed based on everything I had read about the coin shop idea around the web and on chrono.gg. Perhaps being a new member (especially to the community) I missed a memo or something. Would love links on the subject of the coin shop update schedule and how Chrono views it.

It is indeed up to Chrono to decide how they want to organize the coin shop. I’m actually fine with them not being precise to make it more fair. Like @Fraggles managed to gather though, what I’m not fine with is the way the actual shop page and the people running the site seem to contradict each other. And yeah, I will give them feedback regarding this.

This is not about who is right or wrong, if that’s what you’re insinuating.

2 Likes

can we all agree to just stop arguing k thanks

1 Like

no wasn’t meant in a “who’s right or wrong” kinda way, just a reminder that when we make/give site feedback it’s exactly that, suggestions and it doesn’t mean Chrono have to or even will make those changes even if/when they reply to our post with a “good idea!”, because ofc they are under no such obligation no matter how many chime in on the same subject (you’ll find plenty posts regarding coin shop under site feedback)

2 Likes

Keep it civil folks!

It’s totally fair for people to wonder/be frustrated that we’re a little late on the coin shop games, that’s on us!

It’s also totally fair for people to think that complaining is bad.

:slight_smile:

Edit - Oh, and shop games are live.

4 Likes

This is wholly off-topic, but why should we? If you check the definition of the word only the last one is inherently negative and at least as far as I can see that is not the kind of arguing we are doing in this thread. At least not anymore. By arguing (e.g. making arguments for and against our points of view) we are either able to finally reach a consensus or at least gain insights into how the other party views things and what their motives are. Thus we are able to grow as persons.

Of course agreeing with eachother and getting along are nice things, but disagreeing and getting along is sometimes even better.

2 Likes

GUYS! STOP ARGUING AND GET TO THE SHOP! THEY’RE UP.

That’s a given. Of course they, as any other creator, should respect their own vision above all else. Otherwise Chrono would in time become something completely different and lose its integrity. Thanks for clarifying.

What a shitty game was put for sale on the shop this time. (See what I did there)

3 Likes

so a 99¢ game is 3000 coins and a $6 game is 3750??? Cause that makes sense…

1 Like

I dunno, I thought it was rather souper myself.

4 Likes

You two better reverse your attitudes right now or I’m calling Mum

3 Likes