Coin shop closing down? Why

Haha! Probably! :grin:

4 Likes

Well, I’m one of those who came for the coins and never paid attention to the offers, however I’ve always wrote down the name of some which interested me the most. Despite this my main interest was always collect coins and get free games.
Once I read about its eminent ending, I’ve accepted it in a natural way since nothing lasts forever, and thanks for one comment in the “send-off” thread I’ve decided to give a chance to the community, which’s this one.

Also, I’ve read some comments in this thread, and thank goodness this is not an elitist community. For a moment I’ve thought people like me didn’t belong here.

7 Likes

Nope, I came during one sale in late 2017, only days after starting to use the Steam platform. (I decided that PS4 only was getting a little expensive.) I joined the site but missed the deal. Lamented a while, hoped the site would bring another deal for me. Checked a few days in a row and then found the forums and joined, only then to realize there was a coin-system that could yield some freebies with the discussions here.

–>The obsessive checking, rechecking, and clicking happened after that.

Now I have also spent way more money into this Steam platform then I ever would have on the PS4, and those games mostly sit collecting dust. (I still buy a game here and there for the PS4, but I am more likely to sit down at the PC to play.)

6 Likes

To be honest I am normally not one to be influenced by influencers, that said, occasionally there is a rare exception. In this particular case, it is highly unlikely that I would have ever visited Chrono.GG on my own if it wasn’t for…

F

10 Likes

He likely helped bring a fair number of people to the site. That includes me.

5 Likes

Never really offered anything I liked in the coin shop plus it took forever to get a decent amout of coins. A feature that didn’t get much use from me, not sad to see it go.

1 Like

They used to have some really awesome gems now and then. But in the end, it was just trash

TB brought me to the site as well!

5 Likes

What is a coin shop?

6 Likes

9 Likes

Aww

4 Likes