Chrono Community Giveaway X: Oops I Puzzled Again - CLOSED! Solutions Revealed, Winners notified.

I actually looked it up after solving that puzzle, and fungi are the largest living organism on earth, some covering insane amounts of space, like square kilometers (or miles, whatever)

7 Likes

Yeah I knew about that as well, but still thats really multiple mushrooms considered as a single organism

5 Likes

it isn’t; i read the article, they are all connected and all share the exact same dna, they are one organism

and it’s not that they connected afterwards, it actually spreads, it extends something from itself till it finds new roots of other trees and then starts growing on those roots too and meanwhile stays connected and continues to spread, apparently they are thousands of years old

7 Likes

Yeah the organism is the mycelium, the mushrooms we mainly see and eat are just fruit bodies for spreading spores. The giant thing growing under that particular forest is considered one single organism.

As opposed to at least one forest I know of where the trees are all clones of each other since they have for eons just been spreading through root sprouts. But those are considered individual organisms that also happens to be genetically identical to every other tree in that forest.

7 Likes

Even with a science background I still find this stuff creepy…

6 Likes

Haha. I only have myself to blame for eyeballing the grid created by the pink dots rather than spending the effort of having everything aligned. It also didn’t help that I’ve never heard of the website so I stopped quite early in thinking that I was making gibberish. :sweat_smile:

Thanks for the puzzles though. Looking forward to the next one when maybe I can get further than 1 puzzle in. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Yeah tbh I don’t think that is happening for a long time, if ever. It takes a while to do it and I haven’t thought of any new puzzles at all

4 Likes

I’m still stuck on puzzle 1.
I thought about mirroring it, but didn’t.
I also thought about using Braille. But didn’t.
I had the answers on the tip of my… fingers?
Too bad I was to lazy, to feel like learning Braille.

You know what, I didn’t even want to beat that puzzle anyway
I’ll just go play portal 2, atleast I can beat those puzzles :sob:

6 Likes

y having to learn Braille was definitely the hardest part of the whole ARG

8 Likes

You learnt Braille? Wow…I just looked up what the dots meant…you really went the extra mile! :smiley:

7 Likes

y just in time too, knowing braille saved me from getting burned by this sign, thx @PeteMcc

srsly though thx Pete, I learned a lot during this ARG, and I truly appreciate that, I even learned that ‘to labyrinth’ is a verb too, and i learned about the Dvorak keyboard, and about the scary mushrooms (and the trees too @Fraggles; they are in the article too actually), and i also learned that

actually

I didn’t win, so

but y, @PeteMcc: thank you dude, it was great

7 Likes

Cool…I had no idea. Maybe you should take up the mantle of puzzle meister?

3 Likes