Chrono Book Reviews, Recommendations, and Deals

Many thanks, @delenn13! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

#Free eBook by Bestselling Author @ikehamill

Our quiet little suburb is the ideal place to raise a family. There is no bad part of town. The kids are smart, the neighbors are friendly, and everyone gets along. We haven’t even had a gruesome murder in months. People say that it’s all over—the murders. It’s wishful thinking. They want the property values to rebound enough that they can get out of their mortgage without taking too much of a beating.
Behind closed doors, in whispered midnight conversations, they’ll admit their deepest fear—the Bunny Butcher is coming back. Probably tonight.

Killer Savant Hurry offer ends MAR 30,2022.

Amazon US: https://tinyurl.com/f6rh4ed4

Amazon UK: https://tinyurl.com/yw5x62dc

Book Funnel for any e reader: Download Killer Savant

Never miss a #FREE offer Subscribe to Ike’s Sunday newsletter here: Ike Hamill Publishing

and read his Stories from Maine even if you’re not interested in his books.

Ila in Maine

6 Likes

thanks, mew. I finished Blood Ghost 2 last night. Can’t decide what to write for the review. It was okay, but somehow hard to read.

If you guys don’t mind reading stuff with little description of places and prefer a writer who sticks to the action, you will find reading his books a breeze.

One thing that annoyed me, it took him a long time to specify the character’s ages, ,and I’ve no idea what they look like either. Sane issue with the beginning of the book above - no idea what ages the kids age, they all seem like jerks too.

It would be jarring after you think a character described as a kid is about 10 then find out almost at the end that he’s 14. Me no likie being jump scared like that.

Am I pretty harsh on the books I like, yes, but nuts, it’'s hard not to be mad when they don’t do basic stuff. It’s hard to care about characters that you can’t picture or understand.

4 Likes

Thanks @sewcraftyme!

5 Likes

Thanks @sewcraftyme :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation:

5 Likes

This is exactly the type of review that authors want to hear.

It is good constructive criticism and in my opinion, you should put it on Amazon.

Ike is always asking for reviews and he reads the reviews to see how he can improve his books. If you’d rather send it directly to him you can do so on his website or using the reply function in the newsletter.

Ila in Maine

5 Likes

Yeah. Directly might be good, since the last time I left a negative review on Amazon I feel bad. Good writer, but nothing happened in the book and then she tried “a cliffhanger” that was less that and more like a “that can’t be the end”.

2 Likes

From his newsletter

ikehamill@gmail.com

which anyone can just hit reply to. It’s how I correspond with him.

Ila

3 Likes

Crunchy Bones!: Crunchy Bones!
a wonderfully fulfilling dinner party short story by @JeffStrand (Twitter handle)

You really need to sign up for his newsletter

Your life will never be the same & that’s a weirdly good thing.

Here’s his website/blog for even more weird things:

He is macabre but also funny. YMMV.

Ila in Maine

4 Likes

Thanks @sewcraftyme :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation:

3 Likes

3 Free Audiobooks

Mike Wells author of many books for many varied tastes is offering 3 of his books in audio for anyone to try:

Mike Wells Official Website

Here is his pitch:

Listen to 3 Bestselling Audiobooks by Mike Wells FREE!

All my audiobook series are narrated by experienced, professional voice artists. You can listen to Book 1 of each series free on SoundCloud. The first three below are free listens!

I’ve read a lot of his books and enjoyed them though they are not deep literature. I generally read them as what I call a cleanser between say a True Crime book and another nonfiction book.

Don’t miss his offer for 7 Free ebooks either. If you like to read sign up for his newsletter and he will keep you reading with discounts and free books if you’re willing to write reviews on popular sites.

Ila in Maine
PS Please let me know if you’re interested in knowing about deals like these, especially in ARC ebooks for reviews.

4 Likes

I moved it to the correct thread.

4 Likes

Here are some more Martha Wells books.

3 Likes

Hurry this #FREE offer ends Wed. Apr 13,22.

#Free ebook by Bestselling Author @ikehamill

Amazon US: https://tinyurl.com/tt6mfa4a

Amazon UK: https://tinyurl.com/ezk92azv

Book Funnel for any e-reader: Download Wild Fyre

Subscribe to Ike’s Sunday newsletter here for much more: Ike Hamill Publishing

6 Likes

4 Likes

Does anyone read any Taylor Jenkins Reid books? :heart_eyes: I absolutely love her and her new book releases on 1st September, I’m excited :partying_face:

4 Likes

@AcornAvenger I looked into the TJR and myrr, she’s not for me but I know the feels of a new release by fav. author. It is the SQUEE! :heart:

Now, I utterly refuse to get into series, however, this MM I picked up for light reading is anything but that. The action and fight scenes got me like: What in the heck of hells is going on?

The two MC’s aren’t totally likeable or outright hateable; they’re just complex and interesting with some deep backstory supporting their personalities. I’m only 14% into the book so far.

Excited! However, Gotham (the Netflix) series started off stellar so… Welp. At least I gotta say, the author is no slouch - they can write. Gotta see if the momentum keeps going. So yeah, SQUEE! Enjoying it and atm, book 1 is for no monies. Free.

They Told Me I Was Everything

Srsly, that is some title.

3 Likes

I also thought I wouldn’t be a TJR reader :rofl: I’m not a fan of celebrities or glamour or reading about normal people. But I was gifted Malibu Rising and honestly, it hooks you. She has a way of writing that’s just so… Addictive. She writes the raw human experience and you can’t seem to put the book down. It’s just a very unique and wonderful style :blush:

That book you’re reading sounds so good! Even just that title :heart_eyes:

If you enjoy murder mysteries, you should check out one of us is lying :smile:

3 Likes

@AcornAvenger I’ll looks into it. Myrr.

Finished the book! It was awesome from start to finish. There is touchy feely but no xxO_Oxx between the characters and they don’t get together, BUT! that’s realistic. The characters are really human, so there’s no sudden fluffy HEA - which I find annoying tbh. Phew.

I wanna read it again! (and get the other books in the series). Not the now though. Let the happy settle because it was really good - the writing, the characterization, the pacing and nothing felt too over the top aka contrived.

3 Likes

This week I’ve started reading some sort of online self published novel on a site for that kind of stuff.

So far I’ve managed to get through 4 chapters, they’re really short chapters but it still takes me several hours to get through each one. It’s a bit of a grind, but I am happy to say I am actually managing to understand most of it. With liberal use of dictionary plugins and looking grammar constructions up every other sentence.

The story is about the girl who is famous for being the prettiest in school and the stereotypical lonesome nerd who spends all his free time reading light novels. She also secretly reads light novels and she’d like to try to chat with him about their shared interest. Of course that doesn’t work out very well as they’re both about as adept at navigating the social divide as you’d expect.

The writing is probably rather simple, it’s all very stereotypical which is good because that makes it predictable and slightly easier to read.

5 Likes