Celebratory Give Away

Those lovely people at Chrono have recently been very generous to me - Aren’t they great?!

Thought I’d pass on the joy.

Two games to giveaway:

Oceanhorn: Monster of the Uncharted Seas

Caveblazers

The usual rules apply:

1. Your account must be older than 2 weeks.
  2. You need 6 badges.
  3. Tell me which game you are entering for.
  4. Please only enter if you actually want to play the game.

If you could visit any point in time or visit any tower in the world, which would you choose, what would it be and why?

You’ve got until 00:00 (BST) on the 5th of August and I’ll choose the winners.

Yay!

24 Likes

OMG! The instant Zelda feels in Oceanhorn. In love the minute I looked at it. AND! Mein lil potato computer can run it too! ^^ It’s so pretty! :heart:

One tower I’d visit is the Tower of London. It’s supposed to be severely haunted (and with its history if anywhere is, that place must be). I’d love to see England in general, with its old old buildings and fluffy sheep in the countryside but Tower of London. Yea. I know who’d I take with me too, lol.

Cheers for the giveaway. :heart:

7 Likes

Both games look amazing, not entering but just wanted to say thanks for the giveaway and good luck to everyone who is entering. :raised_hands:

I dont know about towers but I would love to be a fly on a wall on some roman triumph or the games at the colosseum.

6 Likes

I’ve heard about the Oceanhorn game on mobile, but I didn’t know one existed for PC!

I’d like to enter for Oceanhorn: Monster of the Uncharted Seas. Thank you for this giveaway, it’s much appreciated.
Also, best of luck to you, @Danacscott!

Edit #1: Totally forgot about the question! Here’s my response:

If I could visit any point in time, I would probably visit the 1900s, in New York. I’m just curious about what it would feel like to be physically back in the past, in the 1900s, and in New York at the time when the culture is so greatly different than our present society.

Ooh, if I could visit any tower in the world, I would probably want to visit the Big Ben. It sounds like a really generic answer, but I think Big Ben just seems like a really cool tower to visit (is it even considered a tower? not sure, will still post.)

4 Likes

@Halcypher, thanks for doing a giveaway!

I don’t know much about Oceanhorn, and I am not entering even though it looks good because I have too many games lined up to play already.

But Caveblazers is an absolute blast… Maybe I will go launch it and play it a bit… haha…

Here’s my review of Caveblazers, just in case anyone is interested:

6 Likes

@Buzzyboii Good luck to you too. ^^

4 Likes

I know, literally all I want in games but I cant justify entering if im not going to play it for a while because of the backlog of previous wins plus what I bought in the summer sale, still, gg on him//her for a great giveway :raised_hands:

4 Likes

Yes, they are :heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation:

I am not entering but just wanted to thank you for having a giveaway. These things are not easy at times.

Here’s my tower… Chocolate…

6 Likes

Auvers-sur-Oise’s church tower, on the afternoon Vincent van Gogh got shot/shot himself.

Vincent van Gogh is one of my all-time favorite people, and my all-time favorite in the list of people I’ve never met. To those of you who don’t know, there is a firm belief among us, Vincent lovers, that he did not shoot himself, but that he was shot. You can find all kinds of argumentation in favor and against that theory in art books, movies and articles.

The fact is: whether or not Vincent van Gogh shot himself is one of my recurring questions when I’m gazing outside of a bus, taking a shower or lost in thought in a concert hall. Getting rid of that nagging feeling would be welcome. Plus, seeing Vincent himself would probably bless my eyes to infinity.

I’m not entering for any games, I just loved your question and had to share my answer. Thanks for the giveaway and for the creative input.

4 Likes

Oceanhorn seems lovely and Caveblazers also looks nice… thanks for the GA :two_hearts:

I would choos any point in time and will either goddamn profit out of it if it was in the past or just enjoy it if it was in the future…

but then the question would be…
Do I see the whole Timeline for the univers and then choose which one,
Based on my knowledge only which hence make it only availble to only the past
or Can even choose randomly some point in the future…?

I’m overthinking this lol…

3 Likes

I’ve had my eye on Oceanhorn for some time, put it on my wishlist when I first saw it announced on steam. Never got around to buying it. So I’ll happily enter for it.

There are not many periods of time that I think would be much fun to visit, when factoring in all the dangers we’re not used to dealing with today. Maybe I’ll just go back to the 80s for a bit, we had some really nice winters in the 80s as far as I can recall.

4 Likes

Totally forgot about the question! Here’s my response:

If I could visit any point in time, I would probably visit the 1900s, in New York. I’m just curious about what it would feel like to be physically back in the past, in the 1900s, and in New York at the time when the culture is so greatly different than our present society.

Ooh, if I could visit any tower in the world, I would probably want to visit the Big Ben. It sounds like a really generic answer, but I think Big Ben just seems like a really cool tower to visit (is it even considered a tower? not sure, will still post.)

3 Likes

I’d visit H.P. Lovecraft in the 1920’s and steal his copy of the Necronomicon. For science, of course!

necronomicon

I’d like to enter for:

Caveblazers

Thanks for the giveaway @Halcypher!

4 Likes

I would like to visit 1955 with a DeLorean :smile: haha, and a tower that I like is tower of Pisa.

I would like to participate for Oceanhorn! Thanks for the giveaway!

4 Likes

I am definitely entering for Caveblazers. If I could go anywhere it would definitely be Japan’s Tokyo Skytree. Good luck everybody! :snake:

4 Likes

Way too scary for me, lol. I don’t like slow elevators even. Cool looking tower though.

4 Likes

Assuming the ones at college are medium speed, yes. Very much so. When they are travelling at speed, they might not be too much different, but when stopping and starting and the overall wait period it is massively different.

Sadly I find the slow ones more jolty than the faster ones.

PS not entering

6 Likes

Indeed. Unless the elevator is an exposed lone elevator with glass walls…

But yeah, traveling at speed, the inertia of your body would not feel any differently in a fast elevator compared to a slower one also going at constant speed.

I think the faster ones need more precise engineering and tuning to function better. The slower and jolty ones are often older and more poorly maintained.

It was a kind of scary feeling for me, just the thought of it. I went up the Pearl (I am not sure if the Shanghai Tower is a different one from this):

I took this up in about 2015 I think, though the scary part wasn’t the elevator itself, but the glass floor that you can see through when you are up there. When you can look below your feet and see the entire traffic circle the size of a donut and little tiny cars driving around.

The elevator ride was smooth, it wasn’t jolty at all. It had consistent and progressive acceleration and deceleration and before you know it after the door closes, you are at the top. Of course you watch the numbers quickly change on the console…

6 Likes

I took one glass elevator here. Once. Never ever again.

4 Likes

I would like to enter for Oceanhorn, thanks! :blush:

The tower I would like to visit is this one:

[Little Tower of Babel by Pieter Bruegel]

I know the real Tower of Babel (if it even existed) probably didn’t look like this at all, but this one is just amazing… I would love to enter a replica of it! :smile:

5 Likes