Building my First PC :D

I have all the parts I need and other accessories. But I want any suggestions from you guys so I can get a second a opinion.

Here is the part list - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/QwXHw6

Also I’m going to do a custom loop for cooling from corsair, specifically the Hydro X.

Thank you to anyone who gives any sort of feedback <3

9 Likes

That’s freaking expensive…

8 Likes

Yeah it is, but I recently got a job and so far im a 1/3 of the way. I just want to future proof myself.

6 Likes

Well first thing don’t buy windows 10 for $100, I’m pretty certain you can find it for $15-20 if you look around. Also do not buy the home version as that’s the one that screws the users over the most, the one that will update without your say so and reboot whenever it wants to.

15 Likes

honestly using the free version with the water mark isn’t a bad option either, that’s what my brother does and he doesn’t even notice it anymore.

6 Likes

You will never be able to future proof computational power in the current paradigm. IMHO, you are better served by building $1k PCs three times as often, or $1.5k PCs twice as often, as a $3k PC. The diminishing returns really hit you hard at that level.

12 Likes

Yeah…can you explain WHY you want the parts you’ve chosen? Because for a good gaming PC you can make some massive downgrades and still end up with excellent results.

5 Likes

Dlh.net is the place to go

5 Likes

You will never be able to future proof computational power in the current paradigm. IMHO, you are better served by building $1k PCs three times as often, or $1.5k PCs twice as often, as a $3k PC. The diminishing returns really hit you hard at that level.

Pretty much this, in a year or two, much cheaper hardware will come out, although we are rapidly approaching the physical limit.

Depending on what the use case of this build will be, since you are still a little bit far off from getting the whole system, I’d get the AMD Ryzen 9 3800X ($449)[16c/32t, 3.9Ghz base, 4.7Ghz boost, 125W) or Ryzen 9 3850X ($499) (16c/32t, 4.3 Ghz base and 5.1Ghz boost, 135W).

I switched from Intel to AMD once I realize how cheap and effective their Ryzen series are.

8 Likes

just this right here

:penguin:

also this! AMD > Intel

(and yes: this is all the low-effort contribution I have to make. have a nice day, everyone!)

7 Likes

Why? (on both statements)

5 Likes

that $3.3k build isn’t going to run long without a cpu cooler.

5 Likes

If you’re going for something that extreme you might as well wait for the Super cards.

4 Likes

Just liked the parts.

4 Likes

I didnt know the difference. I just asked some friends. But some are saying to save for the new AMD stuff.

4 Likes

XD yeah you right. I’m doing a custom water loop. Corsair Hydro X

4 Likes

I dont know the prices yet, and i’m kinda keen on getting these. But I still have months until i can have enough money so i’ll keep that in mind.

4 Likes

Your right on that 100%.

4 Likes

I’ll look around, I didn’t know this before so thanks. Also do you have any suggestions on trustworthy window key sellers?

4 Likes

Thank you

4 Likes