Board game night

@Fraggles I like the card system so I dropped it in my cart. Bed soon though. I shouldn’t still be up.

3 Likes

Go get some sleep, make your purchase decision tomorrow with a fresh and rested mind. No need to hurry.
Have a good night and sweet dreams.

3 Likes

Aw thanks, we’ll chat more about it tomorrow. :heart:

3 Likes

I like the look of this one too.

3 Likes

That looks like it’s just a single player game unfortunately.

1 Like

@Fraggles Oh… Trust to fall for the style and miss the most important detail. >.< Seems it’s Board game weekend, so much to look through - as long as the prices are good. :sunny:

They put Book of Demons in there too, but tbh, it’s more of a clicker than anything else, lovely as it is. In the demo, 15 mins was my max - didn’t want to hurt the paw.

1 Like

Just thought I would share this.

4 Likes

Notice nobody much owns UNO. Only played it once as a kid, so can’t remember much. No one likes it really?

Also, I have a key for The Warlock of Firetop Mountain I kept forgetting to activate. Seems lots of Chronies have it. Anybody remember enjoying it?

1 Like

Warlock of firetop mountain is again a single player game, it looks good though. I’m certainly going to try it out at some point.

UNO can be good fun, but it’s a bit on the simplistic side for what I want out of board games. It also requires a ubisoft account so that’s a no thanks from me. Would rather play UNO through tabletop simulator if anyone really wanted to play UNO

4 Likes

I like it. It’s essentially a choose your own adventure type story where you are going on an adventure to the top of firetop mountain. You have different characters to choose each with their own motivations and story. It’s really good IMO.

3 Likes

I didn’t enjoy Warlock of Firetop Mountain as much as I expected. It’s not a straight conversion from the book that I loved as a teenager. They’ve changed the combat to a grid-based move and hit. It was just a bit of a let-down. Which was a shame because the other aspects of the game were nicely done: Your character hops when it moves like a little miniature and the level builds around you as you explore.

3 Likes

Same here. I thought i will just love it to bits but i ended up just … liking it. Most definitely worth a play if one is interested in this genre but it didint hook me as much as i would have liked .

1 Like

Aw… sorry you guys didn’t enjoy it much. It does like very cute though, your little piece hopping around and expanded the scene. Never heard of it until lately, so no book to compare it with, but I get how you’d be disappointed.

@Fraggles I keep nuzzling single player games, honestly I didn’t mean to, lol. Shouldn’t try to read stuff while I’m up late and sleepy much. >.<

2 Likes

Grabbed Space Food Truck, my dudes. :smile: Beware: I will scuk - totally new to that kind of thing.

3 Likes

That’s great, we’re all new to it so it’ll be a lot of fun figuring it out together.
We now have a handful of people who’ve bought the game but if anyone is still interested the sale is available for just under 2 hours yet. you’re now too late.

4 Likes

I got Food Truck and played a bit with a non-chronie friend couple of days ago. Strongly recommend watching their tutorial youtube videos. I might be around to play with you guys this weekend if I don’t have any work meetings – on a weekend, yes, I know… sigh

2 Likes

Gremlins Inc. is free this weekend on Steam if anyone wants to try it out.

3 Likes

Oh dear, has it been 3 months since we tried Space food truck and murdered @Danacscott’s external hard drive? I have been wanting to try and get something running here again for some time now, but between rally and drawing stuff it’s fallen on the wayside.

I wouldn’t mind getting a game of gremlins or two in this weekend, so let me know who else is tempted. A quick game or 3 of love letters could be nice too.

4 Likes

If anyone is thinking about buying it, check this out first.

Instead of 75% off, it’s 80% off for both games.

4 Likes

highly recommend both/combo purchase, both are great fun to have with peeps :+1:

5 Likes