Badge Hunters Anonymous

Good Day Chronies!

I have a confession. I have a problem.

I often tell and often am told that the first step in coming to terms and resolving a problem is by admitting to it.

What is this problem, you ask? And why state it out for the public to see here? Well, it has everything to do with being here and our community.

As you may have gathered from the name of this topic, this problem revolves the badges system that we have here. I am obssessed with them, I am always looking at the next one I can get. I crave more of them, like a rabid dog thirsts for water. Bad imagery, but you get the idea. Pardon me while I take a sip of my tea…

There are some easier to obtain badges here, and some not so easy. I thought perhaps we can look at these things and see what we can do to help each other out in filling out our badge bags.

Clearly, we are not looking to earn badges for the sake of ulterior motives, such as the ability to enter giveaways, etc. Since most of us are sitting on way more than those badge limits. Of course if someone decides to do a game giveaway and limit entries to 30+ badges, that would then be applicable, however impractical.

I am super excited to have earned one of the more difficult to earn badges recently, that’s the Aficionado badge.

Feel free to discuss about which is your favorite of those that you have earned, which is the one that you really want but haven’t gotten there yet, which one is seemingly impossible, etc. Ultimately it would be nice if we could help each other out to achieve some of those that are achievable. Or feel free to tell me that this is a super bad idea, after which I will slink away to my corner and cry.

This topic came to mind because 1. I truly have this problem and 2. I had someone like about 20 posts of mine in rapid succession earlier today from one thread. I like getting shiny golden Chrono hearts, but I thought to let those lurking Badge Hunters out there know: You are not alone. :smile: :wink: It’s also perfectly okay if you would prefer to stay to the shadows and remain incognito.

43 Likes

Oooh, wow! Congratulations on the Aficionado badge! : )

11 Likes

Thank you! I just changed my title display to it! :smile: :blush:

9 Likes

I think I only have 7 :no_mouth:

10 Likes

Just checked I actually have 12

9 Likes

You got more than you think:

:wink:

EDIT:
This is confusing… I started writing after your first post, and before your second… lol

12 Likes

Math is hard :confused:
Yeah I know but I still got it wrong I only have 11

10 Likes

While writing that post I got one more :exploding_head:

12 Likes

And this is exactly why our badge limitations for game giveaway entries are not very strict at all… :rofl: The earlier ones are super easy to get, but congrats on another badge! :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Actually the badges are no big deal to me. The same for levels on Steam…no big deal! It’s the games that driven me bananas…LOL:exploding_head:

13 Likes

Congrats Maoski :clap: and welcome to the exclusive Aficionado club (though not quite as exclusive as the Devotee club, which I hope to join sometime in June).

Not sure what badges I still need. I like having them, but I wouldn’t say I’m obsessed with getting them. Thanks again for helping me get that first flag though :smile:

15 Likes

:thinking:
… surely 35 is the minimum ! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

i was really hoping for that devotee badge, but i must have skipped some log in days (despite visiting forum every day/multiple times)
and for some reason, @Punkster’s secret/hidden poop badge seems so mighty lucrative i feel like i must have it! :blush:, -even if it would likely prove detrimental to my health always carrying such nugget of feces around :thinking: :man_shrugging: :smile:

11 Likes

I didn’t even think of the exclusive singular badges… I just assumed those are unattainable… Maybe we can earn one for ourselves one day! :smile:

:rofl: That would make it a “Super Regular Regulars Only Giveaway!”

EDIT:
And I don’t even qualify yet! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I’ve never given them much thought. But it would be neat to have my regular badge back.

9 Likes

I did not realize that you lose your badge… The description for that is not too specific. You have visited 352 days, and have read 20K posts, not sure what else you need to do to regain it…

7 Likes

It’s mostly about being regular as the name suggests. Those badges have some sort of percentage of posts read over time requirement to them, if you drop away for a few months or only check in on a post or two then they can be withdrawn.

9 Likes

Yup you need to read and post regularly to maintain it. I’m not too interested in most threads and I’m too busy to post much so I’ll let it be for now.

8 Likes

I am an achievement whore… and badges are achievements, but I don’t always have time to contribute to getting them T_T
I’m totally in if you ever need my help. I’ll open your links, comment a million times or give you the good ol’ gold chrono hearts - just let me know :wink:

This is my pride and joy though:

16 Likes

I am glad you are willing to do that. I was not implying that you should artificially bump the busy-ness of my posts, just thought it might be nice to gather some folks who will work towards getting some of the more elusive badges. :slight_smile:

That is a badge I didn’t make as a part of my title, since it only started a few months back, and the older regulars didn’t get a chance at it. I do really like it though.:smile:

9 Likes

I need 2 more likes on https://206.81.1.216/t/how-do-you-get-all-your-keys/10472/3?u=fraggles or https://206.81.1.216/t/tired-of-this/4804/2?u=fraggles but I’d never stoop so low as to beg for likes just to get a badge, no not I… course not.

12 Likes