any underdog Rogue-like game?

so, i’m not saying that am bored of binding of isaac, but change is nice,

i tried pretty much all the mainstream ones and they didn’t quite scratch my itch for die and repeat

6 Likes

Hotline Miami? Right, not a rouge like… How about Neon Chrome? Or Rampage Knights.

7 Likes

awesome game, (i have both games vinyl album, Syntwave for life!) but not really rogue like :S

they are amazing tho, if any of yall haven’t played it i saw it in the coin shop wink wink it’s worth it

Edit: Neon Chrome Sound like synthase xD ill check both out thanks

Edit 2: lol i have already both game, i remember knight rampage didnt catch my attention due to the side scroller aspect, but neon chrome i only have 25 minutes on it, ill give it another try.

4 Likes

Have you tried enter the gungeon, nuclear throne or wizards of legend? Not as much in terms of synergistic interactions between powers but still good roguelikes in a similar vein to issac. I would recommend checking some videos if you havebt played them.

9 Likes

I know those are fairly popular ones but i just wanted a basline of what you have played. Also i heard streets of rogue is good as well (though that ones a bit further away from isaac)

5 Likes

street of rogue is good, but dosent have much content, 2 hours if you are used to the style and you cleared the available content ( review from a year ago, ill have to give it another shot soon tho)

and i played all those game you said exepted winzard for legend that is currently on my wishlist :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

What about Risk of Rain? Never played it myself but seems quite different compared to other rouge-likes. Or maybe try LET IT DIE if you need something free and also souls like.

9 Likes

Rogue legacy and shovel knight.

7 Likes

How about Minecraft’s Hardcore mode?

4 Likes

Lost Castle and Bomber Crew.

6 Likes

I can vouch for Risk of Rain, really love that game. Hard and frustrating in the beginning but gets more fun later when you unlock certain things. Have over 100h on it now.

7 Likes

Sounds like a seal of approval to me.

3 Likes

@HouGuard i tried the beta of let it die on ps4 and idk it was nice, i liked the style but feel kinda empty.
risk of rain has been in my wishlist for a while, might buy it if i dont get it in a bundle soon.

@rzeznik Rogue legacy is a good rogue like, never played shovel knight( please dont throw me rocks)

@WikiTora bomber crew is more of a bomber simulation than a rogue like, but still a great one if you like simulation game that you can play with one hand, check out bomber crew.
i have lost castle, i played 53 minutes, but dont remember the game at all, i guess ill redownload it and see why it didn’t catch my eyes.

thanks all so many games to try,

5 Likes

Have you considered today’s daily deal? (for a few more hours)
By no means a real rogue-like, but it does have the perma-death and try again sort of gameplay of every rogue-lites of today.

If you’re interested in something more proper old school you might want to take a look at Tangledeep.

8 Likes

yes today’s deal look great, i would have bought it if i didn’t buy a car yesterday xD video game and tuning doesn’t to well together xD and tangledeep is on my wishlist :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

+1 for Risk of Rain

It’s not a long game at all, but it’s great fun for a few runs :blush:

5 Likes

Ziggurat is probably my favorite roguelight game. It’s an FPS, so it’s a little different than than Isaac, but has some fairly satisfying combat to go along with the upgrade hunting

8 Likes

The usual roguelike / roguelike-like / rogue-lite confusion as always in a topic where one is mentioned. :relaxed::ok_hand:

Anyway, here:

7 Likes

I don’t like such genre but I really like Risk of Rain. It can have a few little bugs, and it’s not extremely long but, it’s a very good one. I already recommended twice (not counting this one) Risk of Rain to people who were bored of Isaac (game I never played) and both were extremely pleased with the game since it was good enough to fill a bunch of hours of “more Isaac”.

8 Likes

7 Likes