Alan Wake is Back on Steam and It's on Sale!

can someone briefly explain what makes this game so good? I’ve never played it, though i own it, and I might play it if it’s rly good, but it’s pretty old and rly doesn’t look that special at first glance. Not sure but I think i even launched it just to see once, but i obviously didn’t play it

3 Likes

Alan ReAwakening :+1:

4 Likes

I think its just a cult classic, you either really like it or hate it.

5 Likes

I really enjoyed the story. Its almost like a good book told through television episodes, that you play through as a video game. The atmosphere of the game fits right in with the story dark and rich. The gameplay is fun and rewarding. Enemies you have to burn the darkness out of them with light in order for a weapon to be effective. Now it is an older game but I like to go back and play old games. I also have Alan Wake American nightmare which has the same gameplay mechanics but hardly any story. American nightmare just didn’t do much for me. So unless you play games to get immersed in a story Alan Wake may not be for you because gameplay alone does not carry the title.

5 Likes

hm, the fact that u either rly like it or hate it has nothing to do with the fact that it’s a cult classic or not imo; and it also doesn’t prevent explaining what makes it so good in anyone’s opinion

5 Likes

hm, k, i value story over gameplay in single player games in general, though ofc i do play some games purely cuz the gameplay is so good

3 Likes

In that case I suggest you give it a try especially since you already own it. Play through the first episode and see if you get into it. I believe it is 10-12 hour game split into 6 episodes so worst case scenario is you waste 2 hours

2 Likes

hm, k, will install it so i can give it a shot maybe once i get through Fallout 4, rofl

2 Likes

How is fallout 4? I haven’t purchased that one yet. Right now I am playing fallout new California (a mod for new Vegas I have been waiting for for years now). So far new California has been pretty amazing.

1 Like

I’d say it’s insanely good; I don’t understand all the negative reviews and criticism. I agree the dialogue options aren’t as good as FO3 and NV especially, but rly it isn’t all that bad. Ppl are saying this isn’t an rpg anymore cuz of that and I disagree; I agree the spectrum for rp is narrower, and it’s more black&white, but i personally feel this is a great game with an insane amount of content; the amount of content is quite overwhelming imo; and the graphics and gameplay mechanics have been greatly improved, and i find the gameplay way more enjoyable because of it; i rely much more on my own aim than on VATS in this game, which is a positive in my book; the fps-mechanic is actually enjoyable here, which i cant say for FO3 and NV

and i also find the missions and story arcs enjoyable and quite surprising at times too

2 Likes

Wow!!! Thanks I have been waiting to get goty on the cheap since all of the negative reviews from the die hard fallout fans but hearing positive things about it makes me want to grab it sooner now.

2 Likes

y i grabbed the goty for 30$ in the sale they just had and the only thing i regret is not having done that sooner, lol

and to give some perspective on how good i think this game is; i’m getting older and have already mentioned several times that i used to play huge amounts of hours when i was younger and cant do that anymore cuz i usually just play for 30-60 min once or twice a day and then feel that was enough and even felt i couldnt play for longer periods cuz i just don’t enjoy it once 30-60 min pass, and ppl know (and dislike, for obvious reasons, lol) that i usually don’t finish most games i start. Well, i’ve put 38 h in this game just in the 4 days since i bought this game, lol, and the only thing i can think of is how i want to play more and which quest i want to do next, what gun needs what improved mod next, and which settlement needs what next, lol. [Though now i also feel i need to spend time watching Lirik play DRR2, and i also need to paint a room in the house, lol, so i might not get any gameplay done myself the next few days.] Had i put 38 h in every game i played i would have finished 90% of them rofl

2 Likes

Ok you have me sold. I will be watching the sales to grab a copy for myself :grinning:

2 Likes

all music re-licensed, 0 music removed? woot :exploding_head:,
-omg how could such crazy concept ever be fathomed Rock:star:/Take-Two ? :thinking:
:smile:

already owned it, but was somehow still pleased by these news, yay vidya gamez! :smiley:

4 Likes

It’s also available on GOG, for a whole eurocent less!
Since I tend to hear GOG is better at regional pricing it might be the better deal elsewhere too.

5 Likes

I too have been busy painting but I have been painting the outside of the house. I am actually heading out right now to remove the plastic from doors and windows since we got the entire house sprayed yesterday. Only the trim is left to do yay!!

3 Likes

btw, there should be Steam Halloween sales in 2 days or so, so that might be yr chance, and who knows, maybe this time it will sell for less than 50% off

2 Likes

I will keep an eye on it but it would have to be super low at this time of the year. I have sooooo many birthdays and Xmas coming around the corner.

1 Like

next 3 major sales dates for those interested

according to the leak, the nearest one of the bunch is the Halloween sale, which will run from October 29 to November 1, discounting all sorts of spooky experiences. The 2018 Steam Autumn Sale will hit later that month, taking place from November 21 to November 27.

Finally, the grandest one of them all, the 2018 Steam Winter Sale, will kick off on December 20, with it slated to run for two weeks straight and come to an end on January 3, 2019.

6 Likes

y i just always take a look at whenisthenextsteamsale.com

2 Likes