6 Free Games @ Humble Trove Untill 2/2/2018

dude.

yes

P E A C E W A L K E R

ZEKE has been ,my favourite metal gear yet unless there is one in MGSV cause I haven’t finished it yet >.>

DONT TELL ME IF THERE IS YOU’LL RUIN THE REST OF THE GAME FOR ME :’(

are you talking about duel links? cause no matter how well made, its still a device created to try and drain your wallet.

The almost naked sniper girl is my fav character because she is very skilled. Quiet I mean.

I love PW, I unlocked even the thing that required one to kill the final boss in hardmode with 4 other guys in under 18 mins or so iirc

And that even tho the community was quite small at that point on xbox :sunglasses:

Yeaaaah, but I get all the cards I want and I’m having fun without spending money so wth :yum: Also I used to buy the cards irl just to collect them and never understood the game so now I have to get that wasted time back lol

1 Like

And yes MGSV is an epic game, I like games that actually make you want to play the games side missions, or just wander through the dessert sticking balloons on random sheep listening to the man who sold the world by Midge Ure.

this game is a masterpiece with a already spoiled for me bad ending Konami just stuck on at the end because Kojima-sama didn’t want to rush the game for a release, and then they fired him. sad times. I’m happily only less than halfway through.

yes I also don’t spend money on it, don’t give Konami what they want, its the fact they want it that makes them bad, which is the point in question.

they have the same logic as trump, “don’t do what we like? we le fire you”

oh and “xbox?” I think you mean PSP xD there was NO community there and its how I played peace walker, the xbox one came afterwards but it’s exactly the same, I have that one now because PSP discontinued :’(

My gawd don’t mention THAT human on here or maybe he’ll try to ban Chrono.gg in the US :joy:

I guess the company has some sh*theads, as many companies do, BUT the team working on Duel Links really manages to make it feel like they want us to have some fun even without paying…esp when you look at other freemium titles like CoC: CR or any Gameloft title -.-

Oh, nope, I precisely meant Xbox 360. Yep, did it on there. :sunglasses: Probably my most played Xbox game right after Skyrim.

I don’t look at many freemium titles xD

While we’re on the topic though I will give a shoutout to HAWKEN

at least I would…

IF IT WAS STILL THERE

DID IT DIE?!?!?!

I just named one of the biggest ones and one of the biggest companies behind freemium games dude :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hawken? Transformers FPS F2P you mean? That was fun for a bit, yeah…also shoutout to Planetside 2, TF 2, Dirty Bomb and Tribes: Ascend before it went to shit.

Yeah I think Hawken died, idk, we could google but I’m lazy…

Did I mention how awesome Dirty Bomb is? You guys gotta check it out, for reaaaal! :smiley:

1 Like

but is it MGS tho?
every time i see “something” about the game it just feels like just a "just cause sniper elite’ish GTA"thingy “whatever” with tagged on “mgs” on it,
open world sandbox doesn’t really merge well (in my head) with tactical stealth + ace “narrative”, compounded with the other “issues” you mentioned, i’ve always been weary about making this purchase…
-but maybe i’m too stuck in the “past”, and Kojima somehow did manage to blend all of this together well… :thinking:

1 Like

I’ll agree with most of those, and yeah I’ve heard of Gameloft I just don’t care or know any of their titles, I played that dragon game they had for phones because there’s not much else for windows phones.

and I’d heard of Dirty bomb but it looked naff so I never bothered, I’ll give it a look next time I see it though haha.

and TF2 is probably the best out of those.

shoutout for another dead game F2P Ghost in the Shell Online made by some random Korean company had a lot of love, really accurate very well done.

edit: update, I can still play the HAWKEN in my library, but it’s not in store anymore, and the servers don’t work, so you can’t play it, but it exists! haha

and @Gnuffi even though it has all those aspects if you’d played Peace Walker you’ll think the gameplay feels similar to that, just on a very large scale, just walking around and going into a base feels like peace walker missions, the actual missions themselves feel like those comics in peace walker but really fleshed out also it carries on the story right after peace walker so playing that is kind of a must, unless you don’t care about the story of course and if you remember the vehicles collecting from peace walker thats back, except you can actually use them this time, yourself :smiley: it takes AGES to unlock and feels really satisfying when you do. There’s not much else I can say about it because I haven’t got that far, only killed one or two bosses, if you count quiet as a boss three xD and they’re very well done, and guess what? you can still tranquillize most bosses just like the old times, the human ones at least. so I think it still feels very MGS, especially after peace walker, because that game was the beginning of the blend for the trend that birthed phantom whatever its called. it wasn’t a very good name, I kept calling it the phantom menace for the first couple of months. and MGSV works better EXCEPT theres 2 MGSV games, there was that little not even worth 3 pound 1 mission game released as a demo except you paid for it and it was a unique mission before the game came out, oh and it has relevant story to do with paco or whatever his name was. and Paz.

1 Like

@coralinecastell Wow. Amazing. You all are just the best. First we shit-talked TR2013 to death, now moving right onto Metal Gear Solid V and the cringeworthy Quiet nonsense? We’re pretty much checking off my “games that downright angered me” list here.

What’s next, are you going to point out how awful Just Cause 3 was and start talking about how great Prey 2 and Sleeping Dogs 2 would have been without publisher intervention? …please do!

EDIT: Should have read closely. You were only talking shit about Quiet, and praised the rest of the game.
walks off sadly brandishing hipster fedora

3 Likes

/Looks at topic. Shrugs.

From the “Queen Of OT”.

It’s my thread…So…CARRY ON, GUYS!:+1:

4 Likes

Gameloft used to be my fav mobile game maker and now they are just as greedy as apple themselves lol
Paid games that were made Freemium without any kind of reward for “early bakers”, paid apps wt ads in them…it’s just awful.

Yeah you are right, DB doesn’t look great or anything, but it’s a very unique fast paced FPS, it can be incredibly fun! I spent hundreds of hours in it but kinda got bored a few months ago(also changed my mouse and sucked ever since)… never had to spend any money to keep up with paying players which is great, too! It only has 5 or so maps, which is likely the worst thing about it.

TF2 is alright, yeah, but I actually prefer DB over it. I guess games just get less satisfying once one played each map 200 times :sweat_smile:

Enjoy Hawken then! xD

@CptMold I liked both games…TR2013 and MGS V… :no_mouth:
I didn’t try JC3 yet tho. (The new) Prey was quite enjoyable, too!

@delenn13 Will do! :grimacing:

2 Likes

@kylehayman361

well at least I was smart enough to notice that on this box.

reeled back at the “Sierra” part. y’know, amazing point and click adventure creators defo made a first person shooty uppy game, jeez what is with that :o

I didn’t even know people did that, bought out a company just to put their names on a box…

nowadays at least most of those things are right. so I just assumed they always were I guess, I just felt betrayed… lied too :o

Actually, Sierra was a lot more than a point-and-click publisher. Valve turned to them for distribution, since as a new company fresh off the ex-Microsoft hate train (joking!), they lacked the resources to ship their game. Digital downloads were a thing yet, since they didn’t say so. :stuck_out_tongue:

Think SEGA or any other big publisher here. They don’t just make mediocre Sonic followups-- they also have three different strategy game lineups, a few shooters here and there, a few PlatinumGames titles, and even a first person atmospheric horror game in the Alien universe. Sierra also published Empire Earth and a few other fantastic non-adventure games… which is good, because imo they were absolutely stomped on by LucasArts back in the day.

But yeah, company buyouts for naming rights? That’s a thing. It’s not always a tasteless thing, though… Nordic Games recently adopted the THQ namesake after they made remasters for several THQ IPs, and they’re now preparing for followups to a few major THQ IPs, like Darksiders.

2 Likes

I know that, I was just saying what they were known for xD I have Arcanum on here got to get round to that eventually, seems like an RPG where anything can happen. I started as a stupid guy and he speaks like HADOI and the guy whos all like “you’re the chosen one” said “you’re pretty stupid aren’t you” essentially, I couldn’t get it working any further than that with more than 10 frames xD

and also yeah I love MGSV xD its my up there with the greats I can’t pick between :’)

and @delenn13 thanks for the approval xD

and @anon74641759 I can’t enjoy it the servers are gone xD it was multiplayer only xD

@Gnuffi

i keep getting the feeling more and more, that i’m not missing out on much by holding off on getting/playing MGSV each time, the more i learn/see of it lol…
-maybe it’s best if i just repress all MGS memories since 2004 :smile:

Just skip it. I’ve been a lite-fan of the series as long as I can remember. I had the PSP exclusive Portable Ops Plus, but never played it online… I played through the singleplayer until the UMD broke, acing every mission on every difficulty (except the one that would crash the game on Hard, where I was stuck playing Medium) and knew every map by heart. I knew every anim trick, every way to CQC an enemy in pursuit without taking damage, and now thinking about it, I probably spent more hours dragging unconscious soldiers back to the truck than I did playing Warframe now (and trust me, that’s an impressive feat). When I played the demo for Peace Walker, I kept it on my system and played it almost weekly, making sure I could ace it. I was a pretty bored kid with a lot of time on my hands and a pretty crappy computer, so when I wasn’t playing Minecraft on Hamachi at 6 FPS it was the next best thing to do.

I hyped up V immensely after learning that the PC port was confirmed. I went out and bought MGS HD for Xbox 360, played through them all within a month. Peace Walker was… rough, not nearly as great as I remembered it, but I played through it anyway.

Then I finally played V. It honestly hurt me. The way the story disappears the moment you finish talking to Ocelot, the way the “open world” has nothing going for it, the way level design falls off a cliff, the way you’re so restricted area-wise for every mission… they supposedly made an open world game, but while I can see the steep decline in level design as a result, it feels LESS open than MGS3. That was a game where, like Resident Evil 4, you were free to take any routes you saw fit. Sometimes there was only one way through, other times you could go around a few other map sections to avoid known hazards. What I absolutely wasn’t expecting was to have a Battlefront 2 style warning… “RETURN TO THE BATTLEFIELD, OR YOU WILL BE SHOT!”

The story just falls off a cliff (even by Metal Gear standards!), the characters range from uninteresting to painfully fanservice-y, and basically every aspect of the game feels tailor made to make me hate it. Go get your PS3 out, buy MGS1 on the PS Store, then get the HD collection. If you have a 360, skip right to HD collection and send a daily email pestering Konami to re-release the PC port of MGS1 on Steam. By all means, play the other games… just not V. It bored me to tears and hurt me as a Metal Gear fan, and it only barely misses my constant whining because Just Cause 3 was that much more painful.

1 Like

You don’t say :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I liked MGS5 :’(

2 Likes