2018 is here! Which game did you start your year with?

Well, I was playing Paragon with a friend at the time. Does that count?

1 Like

@coralinecastell - did you still want Grav? (it’s on your wishlist).

Oh, you’ll find some revenge at the end if you so desire, but at which cost?

I’ve heard that the main quest line was inspired by this polish folk story (beware of spoilers).

3 Likes

Dungeon Souls & a bit of Dying Light:The following (although unfortunately it’s the gog version…) & some more Dungeon Souls :smiley:

I somehow felt the urge to start my original XBox to finally play NFS Most Wanted (2005) again.
Apparently I don’t have anything to do at 00.15 in the morning on new year’s eve.
Was a good time though.

1 Like

I started this year off with playing Blood of the Werewolf.
It’s a pretty alright 2D action platformer, with a female lead transforming from human to werewolf and back, depending on if she is in moonlight or not. mostly playing it to get those sweet achievements.

And then going back to playing some more Witcher 3 after a weeks break, cuz holidays and stuff.
It’s so hard keeping up on the main storyline, there’s just always something on the horizon luring you to go check it out instead. I freaking LOVE it!

2 Likes

I got my boyfriend Planescape: Torment for Christmas and I can honestly not wait to get my own copy :smiley: Good choice!
I started with Battleblock Theatre and Cook, Serve, Delicious. Was too hungover to play anything other than the more casual games xD

Happy new year everyone! :tada::fireworks::confetti_ball:

3 Likes

Happy New Year Chrono.gg! Thanks for a year of awesome games/deals and fun ARGs/loyalty programs! Let’s hope this is the year of the exploding jetpack astronaut!

As for me, it’s Miitomo, but I also plan on leaving it since the reward just isn’t enough for me. I’ll be going into Beat Cop and Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Links soon (yes, Konami’s remaining focus on games is Yu-Gi-Oh, PES/Winning Eleven, and Metal Gear).

3 Likes

Haven’t played anything yet, but I’m still planning on purchasing Dark Souls 3, as I’ve finished 2 a while back and feel the need to get some good old swords and magic in.

1 Like

Probably play Euro Trucks Simulator 2 with some of the new DLC i bought for it Vive la France and Heavy Haul.

3 Likes

Dark souls 3 is one of my favourite games of all time and I almost finished the ringed city expansion before I lost my save file, just a word of warning the game does not use cloud saves on steam.

1 Like

I’ve been playing a little Escape from Tarkov lately, because I hate myself, and a lot of Divinity: Original Sin II, because it’s so amazing.

3 Likes

I’m in the process of moving (which is the most annoying thing ever), so I don’t have a lot of time for games at the moment. In a couple of weeks, once things settle down, I plan on continuing some of the games I started at the very end of 2017.

Cuphead (So pretty! But hard as balls. Doubt I’ll ever finish this one, but certainly enjoying the challenge.)
Deadcells (Had this game for a while but have been waiting for some game-changing updates to drop before I started.)
The Sexy Brutale (Thanks @Gnuffi! Looking forward to a night when I have time to really get into it.)
Shadow Hand (My new go to game for when I just want to chill out and not think too much.)

Next up, I’m looking forward to trying Pyre, which I picked up during the Winter sale, and Bomber Crew. I bought Bomber Crew knowing next to nothing about it, other than that it reminds me of FTL - which is one of my favorite games of all-time. So I’m definitely looking forward to giving that a go.

Edit: Linked the lesser known games, in case anyone’s curious .

And maybe, just maybe, I’ll play a little Mark of the Ninja, for good measure. Everyone else is doin’ it. Actually, I already played it waaay back on the Xbox 360. But it’s so good, it’s worth playing again (on PC this time).

That’s all for now. Hope everyone’s new year is off to a good start!

2 Likes

@xist yup, I do. Why?

Thanks! So many of my friends spoke volumes of it, I couldn’t resist!

“Cook, Server, Delicious!” and “casual” on the same paragraph? I don’t think so! HAHAH at least I nearly had a heart attack playing it. That ain’t no casual game, honey. It’s trying to trick you with its delicious-looking food and apparently stupid-looking customers whose objectives are actually to chew on your beating heart and nothing else.

…but yeah, great game!

@DanosaurJr I saw this one a while back and got really intrigued. How are you liking it?

@coralinecastell I’m a few hours into it and have enjoyed what I’ve played thus far. I don’t particularly care for solitaire games, but the turn-based combat and RPG elements add a layer of strategic depth which I find makes the game more appealing. And it’s just a relaxing game to play that doesn’t require a lot of mental effort. The story is interesting enough and the overall presentation is quite nice. I believe Shadow Hand is a prequel to Regency Solitaire. So, if you’ve played and enjoyed that game you will probably enjoy this as well.

3 Likes

I have this tendency to play and forget, MGSV lies in its box because I haven’t finished DS3 since I started Witcher3, but then I got Monkey Island, which got itself cut by Halo5 of all things, and currently Hitman is on the spot, I’ve got a good run with it since I only have Paris and is pretty much done, but I hope to finish the AC games since I pretty much 100% all of those games, but who knows.

Even Soul Suspect is on the list, I left it at the church last time I played it, good game.

4 Likes

I am currently downloading Mark of the ninja on steam. Cant wait to play it.

I have to say i havnt touched cuphead in a while but i didnt find it that frustrating untill a couple bosses into isle 2 so good luck.

3 Likes

I beat Pokemon White and now I’m looking for a new game, maybe Psychonauts or Jotun? :grin:

3 Likes

Psychonauts is a great game im yet to finish it myself but i do recommend it purely because it has one of my favourite levels in any game.