10 years of GOG! and a new giveaway! (Giveaway Ended :C )

Gotta agree with @DownwardConcept

It’s hardly an issue of “incompetence” when their little workaround is so effective that I’m cranking up the inertia just to make it even crazier. The head bobbing effect is incredibly cool for a fast paced game with heavy melee combat. I never would have guessed that it wasn’t just intentional.

By that metric, id Software is completely incompetent since head bobbing is 100% necessary in Doom 1 and 2. Turning it off would actually break hitboxes.

2 Likes

No, but this is something easily changed, they aren’t force to make the head bob, it’s in no way realistic or useful, basically worse than chromatic aberration, another bs effect.

As explained, yes, they ARE forced to add head bobbing.

1 Like

only because they are too lazy to have a second viewmodel or rather none outside of cutscenes, this isn’t a technical limitation.

Just played the game for a couple of hours and while I at first got a little queasy that was thanks to the default FOV, cranked that up to 100 and I have no more issues with head bob or anything else. If you have not tried upping the FOV yet that might help you.

As for the game itself, it’s pretty alright, the movement system makes it pretty fun to zip around the fight and stab people in the face. I’m not entirely sure I like the underlying system which appears to have more of an old style MMO hit chance based thing going on rather than relying entirely on your personal accuracy, weapons seem to have a statistical chance to just straight up miss for no good reason.

2 Likes

Did you ever play Shadow Warrior 2013? It’s not hit chances, just proper Polish FPS Eurojank. Turning off the health bar, it feels pretty close overall.

2 Likes

Yes I played 2013 and think it’s a brilliant game, had a lot of fun with it. What I’m talking about here is something I saw on a weapon upgrade charm thing which imparted a bonus to hit chances or something along those lines. Do not remember the exact wording of it but that’s the only way I could interpret it.

2 Likes

maybe a bonus to critical hit chances?

1 Like

Here, let me show you.

There’s a clear as day miss rate stat on every firearm, which can be modified with inserts. As you can see the Devolver anaconda has a starting miss rateof 2.5, while the sidekick SMG has a far higher miss rate of 10. You can also see that I am able to modify this miss rate with Form of Certainty giving an 8.5% reduction of the miss rate of the Devolver down to 2.29, denoted with a green number and an up arrow showing this is a positive change.

So how do you interpret a miss rate statistic on a weapon other than it’ll just force misses on you randomly, even if you aim properly and should by all rights have hit the target?

I tested the weapon out for a bit against a wall and noticed weirdly enough that the Devolver appears to hit on the lower marker of the crosshair, not the center of it. But the bullet decal always hit the spot I was aiming on, no visible bullet spread. Since I was thinking this “miss rate” was maybe a clumsy way to describe a cone of fire, which would be understandably higher on an SMG than a revolver, but the bow has a miss rate of 4, almost twice that of the revolver and it has no cone of fire either. Unless you draw it to full strength and hold it, at which point you get a small circular sway of the cross hair, something the other weapons do not.

So yeah, can’t really see what else it would be.

4 Likes

Dang. Ever since I played DMC2 and the Super Best Friends backed down hard, I think something could be wrong. Pat started getting facts right, and I started getting them wrong. I-- I…

I think I stole Pat’s stand.
Pat_Real_Life

1 Like