10 years of GOG! and a new giveaway! (Giveaway Ended :C )

whats antenion? some kind of super mega powerful superhero ant? we better ask @hivefleetbothan

edit: ontopic

edit edit: maybe its an alien planet of an ant masterrace, again, let’s wait for @hivefleetbothan

6 Likes

Ohh, I have been summoned… must be something important and insect related.

My Face When

Here are some antlion facts

Antenion may be a derivative of ‘Antlion’. Antlions are a very interesting predator of ground insects. Their diet is overwhelmingly made up of ants, but they are generalists who eat anything that they can bite into and drag below the sand. That being said, large prey that is overwhelmingly bigger than they are will cause them to retreat deeper into the sand or into a retreat they build nearby.

Of course the most famous aspect of the ant-lion is the pit that it constructs on the sand, or maybe the unique lines it leaves as it travels backwards across the sand (antlions cannot move forwards) these give the antlion is other common name (at least in the US): Doodlebug.
However there are also antlions that live in the debris found in trees (which are not well described and barely understood in most cases).

Like many insects the larval ant lions metamorphosis into a winged adult, this occurs after between 3 and 5 years (the larvae goes through 5 instars, at a pace based on how much food the larvae eats). What is really unique about the antlion is that the exoskeleton of the insect is stretched into a paper thin layer, which allows the larvae to change from the small dumpy larvae into the waifish adult form that is much, much larger.

7 Likes

Oh, WOW! The history of GOG and (Edited: No) ant info in the same thread…What a JOY!:joy:

I voted for Shadow Warrior 2.:+1:t2:

9 Likes

It is also worth noting the 3-game Anniversary packs on sale right now. One of them includes Kingdom Come: Deliverance for $25. :astonished:

3 Likes

antlions a(i)nt no ants :angry:

5 Likes

Picky, picky!:sunglasses:

Fixed it:

7 Likes

But now we can infer ant info. By learning antions aint no ants we’ve narrowed down our knowledge about what ants are or rather what they are not.

Ant info!

8 Likes

an ant is an ant is anT ant

edit: and it aint no antlion. i like saying ant. ant…

3 Likes

I was torn between Firewatch and Shadow Warrior 2 but I ended up voting for Shadow Warrior 2. I like walking sims because its a great way to tell a story but Firewatch seems a little on the short side and most walking sims don’t have much replay value.

4 Likes

nor any actual “play” value either for that fact (imo) (this doesn’t mean they can’t have any story-telling value though)

7 Likes

Thank you for the heads up. Voted for shadow.

3 Likes

Alright @harith you got me. I guess they don’t have much rewalking value for me then. :laughing:
Although they can be like books and with enough time between walk throughs its ok a second time.

4 Likes

Shadow Warrior 2 got 54 percent of the vote, will be given away in 10 minutes.

9 Likes

Nice! I probably will never play SW2 but happy to have gotten it for free. Hopefully it runs on my pc :upside_down_face:

8 Likes

Some still doubt my powers?

I see it…

…I have seen.

(Of course, had I been wrong, you wouldn’t have heard from me for the remainder of 2018)

12 Likes

Glad that one of us has supernatural foresight…

On the other hand, my hindsight is awfully accurate, I must say.

7 Likes

My hindsight is also 20/20, it may seem like a blessing but it is a curse.

Shoulda, Woulda and Coulda are great friends of mine.

10 Likes

Shoulda put the letters in the correct order on those creatures.

5 Likes

Shoulda said shoulda, coulda woulda instead of shoulda, woulda coulda.

7 Likes

I changed the image, it was originally this.

But it felt too dull.

Blame Matt and Trey for ordering it incorrectly. Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda is THE correct way, this lady, Beverley Knight told me.

6 Likes