You're offered one and a quarter million dollars but....

http://memecrunch.com/meme/IPVX/noo-just-no/image.jpg

7 Likes

Money is not comparable to all the great times and friends to be had on this forum <3
Hard pass

6 Likes

There is no magic involved. In theory you could go and live at a friends house and access Neflix. As LordAo rightly stresses, it’s your interaction (although I’m applying a household ban so any partner or kids lose out too). Your home has no internet, no internet or phone companies will provide any form of data service (you’re blacklisted for life). You can still invest money at your local bank and profit from the investments.

6 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btAbU1sPqIM

9 Likes

That’s probably not the answer we were looking for…

6 Likes

Damn good answer though

5 Likes

You have to appreciate his honesty.
Those things don’t appeal to me, but he clearly knows what he wants out of life.
Godspeed, Sir Hookers And Cocaine.

4 Likes

I am unable to find a definition of the word Use in English that when combined in the sentence with you does not indicate that taking advantage of a service provided by someone else changes the meaning to state that “a person benefiting from a third party service has not employed that service.”

We can break the sentence down word by word, but at the end of the day the statement is either “a person used the internet,” or “a person did not use the internet.” All of the grey areas pointed out and discussed in this thread constitute different forms of using the internet because they are semantics about the proximity to the internet. The original statement states that this in all forms negates gaining the currency.

If you buy your friend a cutlery set and they shoot up heroin in the spoon and then give you all the dopamine produced by their brain so that you can get high you are a junkie.

3 Likes

I’ve thought quite a lot about this, and would have to decline the 1 and a quarter mil.
1 million dollars while it may seem like a lot, you can’t really live just off that, unless of course you want to live in the woods and hunt your own food in a log cabin, or live like this https://www.moneyunder30.com/how-little-can-you-live-on
for the next 80 years.
So it’s best used for investing, which is of course mostly online, and if you want to start a business with the money, it’ll probably flop cause you need online advertisements and websites.
Now to the most important reason of all, I won’t get my flipping devotee badge :triumph:

4 Likes

I take it and invent Internet 2.0 a revolutionary product better than the Internet. Instead of WWW it’ll be EFU (Entire Freakin Universe) Then I make billions.

3 Likes

I can’t see what’s the problem to work regular job while having that 1 mil + for luxuries :stuck_out_tongue:. My job revolves around PCs and what not, so I can’t just take the deal like that… but there are always options.

4 Likes

When Internet 2.0 comes out you’ll be good to go

4 Likes

I promise to never use the internet ever again. I’ll just stick to the interweb.

6 Likes

zfb

Verb (used with object), used, us·ing - to employ for some purpose; put into service; make use of:

• I employed the bank for some purpose (I used the bank).
  • The bank employed the internet for some purpose (the bank used the internet)

Verb (used with object), used, us·ing - to avail oneself of; apply to one’s own purposes:

• I availed myself of the bank’s services (I used the bank).
  • The bank availed itself of the internet (the bank used the internet).

Noun - the act of employing, using, or putting into service:

• I made use of the bank’s services (I used the bank).
  • The bank made use of the internet. (The bank made use of the internet)

Correct. "a person (that would be me in this case) did not use the internet.

I lack the words to describe how poor your analogy is.

If you give a bank money, do you get turnips in return at the end of the year? If I gave my friend (THE BANK) cutlery (MONEY), and they use one of the spoons to shoot up heroin, they would not give me dopamine (TURNIPS). My friend (THE BANK) would quite clearly give me a fork and a plate (INTEREST). Therefore, I would not be a junkie.

TL;DR - The bank using the internet is not you using the internet.

5 Likes

I find the interweb to be a bit slow. Stick to the Interblog or the tube-osphere.

6 Likes

4 Likes

No I would lose my streak

8 Likes

You’re lucky. In the Netherlands the highest you get is 0.2% or something. That’s 2500 euro per year for 1.250.000 deposit…

If you got that cash, just move to eastern europe and spend it all on booze and hookers. You wont live till 100, but you had fun.

5 Likes

That’s so true that I felt the need to quote it and confirm it :smiley:

3 Likes

Eastern Europe is a wonderful and beautiful place, and the women are stunning.
I would move there but without the freedom of speech the First Amendment gives me, I would be jailed within the first year for blasphemy or some such nonsense.

3 Likes