You're offered one and a quarter million dollars but....

It’s a disturbing trend we’re seeing today. Brace yourself, I’m about to post some “Nazi” “White Supremacist” “Extremist Content”. One of which is a gesture.

2 Likes

reported

1 Like

*Edit Post: My bad, totally forgot it was 2k19. I would have clutched my pearls, but sadly they were not pearls of color. No privileged pearls allowed anymore. Smash the fash, comrades, or in this case slam the clam!

2 Likes

I’ll post once more on this topic to express my thoughts, rather than be misinterpreted, and then we can move on

Where are they? I missed them…you’re deliberately misinterpreting my post - I said that the political climate in the UK is currently highly charged around anti-Semitism, not that the video was anti-Semitic. You seem to be suggesting that there’s no way anyone could possibly be offended by that video during a time when emotions are charged.

Not really, just not very funny.

Absolutely.

Which is a fundamental part of British humour, as LordAo has highlighted with his choice of comedians. If anything British humour is a lot more offensive than humour in the US. We’re not lacking offensive comedians over here, and neither are they arrested or complaining about a lack of freedom of speech.

They don’t if it’s potentially inciting people to break the law…and by that I mean when people are hurt, desperate or angry they’ll potentially be triggered into action that they wouldn’t otherwise. If for instance a riot is teetering on erupting, someone inciting that behaviour is absolutely not allowed to provoke it.

That fact that a wardrobe malfunction sent your nation into meltdown speaks volumes about freedoms of expression.

Which is what I said in my post (…“personal freedoms”…). I read my source, you couldn’t even be bothered to read my post! I was addressing the point holistically - what’s the use of being able to say whatever you want if you’re confined to your home? Furthermore there are multiple sources that rank freedoms similarly…despite also that the Cato paper has been peer-reviewed by other academic sources.

Clearly (all caps)…and your evidence for that would be misreading my previous post.

Quite frankly I’m surprised that could be possible given how hard you’ve tried to prove that I have no freedom of speech and live in a tyrannical state. Also, that’s quite some leap, given that I haven’t been dishonest or irresponsible in my messages? I’ve been honest about what I feel despite knowing that it’s bound to incite people to contradict me. There’s a duty to protect the weakest and most vulnerable in society and sometimes that means protecting them from hateful speech.

(and was there any reason to resort to names and insults?)

4 Likes

No, but they usually do.

Oh, and I forgot the part when they usually flag a mod’s comment…

2 Likes

There’s a lot of nonsense in your post but I tend to have a limit to the degree I’m willing to engage with openly malicious liars so I won’t bother. You are dishonest and irresponsible and I have already shown that irrefutably. Your post just now proves this to be the case.

I was merely flagging an inappropriate comment. That’s a perfectly acceptable activity. As a mod, you should understand that.

i rly hope yr just a troll dude, for yr sake, cuz i wouldn’t want to imagine u being serious.

2 Likes

I just locked your post and more name calling and you will be out of here…

THIS is the third time… I don’t have the time for your snobbery, arrogance and vile name calling.

2 Likes

You are obviously incapable of acting objectively here, and should recuse yourself.
The irony of you lying about me maliciously is proof enough of that fact.
Double standards and bias are not appropriate for any form of moderation.
I strongly suggest you step back and reconsider your moderation ethics.

What ever! I have broad shoulders. Just remember you got 3 strikes. If you want to complain about me, go for it. I can summon the PTB right now… @lonin, @dusty, @frst right off the top of my head.

1 Like

You could give me a million strikes, and it wouldn’t matter. They aren’t legitimate, and they are an abuse of your moderation privileges. I would love for you to learn that there is an ethical duty for moderation to be unbiased and for standards to be applied fairly and not arbitrarily and that there are certain behaviors inappropriate for a moderator. As I already said, it is clear that you are not capable of acting objectively here.

one and a QUARTER? no. one and 275, yeah sure, but one and a quarter def no. whered you get the quarter tho?

3 Likes

I can just smell a ban coming

3 Likes

Well technically it’d be 1,289,607 US Dollars, but a guy’s gotta make a living and making new threads is not well paid enough on its own. So I rounded down.

2 Likes

Definitely not. What do you expect me to do? Create memes with paper and pen like a barbarian?

3 Likes

Hey @ShonaNingyo! Welcome to the forums. Have you checked out our Steam Friends thread yet? Feel free to introduce yourself if you want to…

And ask around if you have any questions as well.

And speaking of making memes with paper and pen, someone might have the answer already…

:joy:

2 Likes

so you got an offer for 1289607 usd for not using internet, you are to accept it and how the hell will they track if youre using it or not?

1 Like

2tzxau

3 Likes

https://lph5i1b6c053kq7us26bdk75-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/turn-off-internet-switch.jpg

3 Likes