Xenonauts Free AT GOG! Summer Sale Starting!

“Xenonauts is a strategy game in which you control a multi-national military organisation defending a Cold War-era Earth from alien invasion, using small squads of persistent soldiers to eliminate the extraterrestrials and recover their technology in turn-based ground combat.”

15 Likes

Thank you @delenn13! You have done it again! Finding the best freebies for us seems to be in your blood!

4 Likes

I think this might be the very first time any store has offered freebies with purchase that I am actually interested in and do not already have. Both Sunless Sea and Rime are interesting games and it’s nice of them to release a denuvo free version of Rime.

6 Likes

Rime is an excellent game, I cannot find all of the secrets and I refuse to look it up…

I love exploring the island and just looking around, every time I see the little red fox it just makes me happy.

I love yelling “Ha!” at the light posts and making the room brighter… I have spent so much time wandering around aimlessly in that world on my PS4, it’s just lovely.

5 Likes

That’s exactly what I imagined the game to be and what I’d want out of it. Now it looks like I’m going to have to find something to spend ~17e on without feeling like I’ve let Gog trick me into buying it.

5 Likes

I tried to put this here before Chrono arbitrarily sent this post to another thread…

Make sure to check GOG Connect during the sale.

Another day, another version of Psychonauts I own. No complaints there.

5 Likes

I have apparently been in an old game buying kick lately… the thing that would tempt me right now is that STAR WARS Episode I: Racer… I need to dig out my old N64 now, that game should still work. And if I do that, I might get stuck back playing 1080 for a while… :sweat_smile: Of course this doesn’t get you to the quota to Rime… I imagine that if it’s on this kind of a freebie with purchase deal, that it will get bundled elsewhere soon as well… Who knows… :thinking:

3 Likes

:thinking:
somehow i got Rime… :man_shrugging:
:hushed:, oh, look, i magically just went broke, -maybe it’s related…? :smile:

6 Likes

I think it’s related…Should’ve gotten Sunless Sea too…

Discover over one thousand games up to 90% off; spend just 5$ to unlock a free copy of Sunless Sea, or pick up 20$ worth of games and earn RiME! Don’t forget to redeem them before July 2, 9:59 PM UTC.

3 Likes

yup, indeed i did,
just bought the “enhanced” baldurs gate games (minus planescape) because on GOG they include the original :blush:
it’s funny because supposedly they should be “cheaper” on steam (individually) atm with their discount, but because of GoG’s regional pricing they were actually cheapest there too (not planescape tho)
so best saving + bonus copy of the old original “lost” games + sunless sea and rime = win/win/win :blush:

5 Likes

I just bought Sunless Sea… In hindsight, I should have thought a bit harder on that to be honest.

5 Likes

:rofl:

these things would be incredibly hilarious in “physical” retail

goes to counter in Gamestop with Sunless Sea, -“checks out”
*stops at the exit, looking in bag, starring at 2 copies of Sunless Sea, -looks confused back at clerk :eyes:
“yea you get a copy Sunless Sea with your first 5$ purchase, isn’t that neat huh” :+1:
(“ps no refunds on videogames”)

:dizzy_face: :triumph: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :weary: :face_with_head_bandage:

:rofl: :joy:

5 Likes