Worst popular game?

@MonotoneHeart I haven’t played BotW, but I completely get what you’re saying. For a game like that, it’s a perfect entry if it was your first Zelda game, and a great primer for previous games. It’s always the largest, most ambitious titles that have the most empty space.

I remember playing Crackdown 2 and loving it, then playing Crackdown 1 years later and… thinking it was even better. It just felt like a more complete game. Sure, it lacked content and the traveling felt far less intuitive, but at the same time, I loved the old structure; between hunting down gang lieutenants to weaken them in fortified strongholds and the utter lack of a linear campaign, it all felt extremely fresh compared to its more repetitive sequel. I feel like, had I played the first game first, I would have been highly disappointed with the sequel.

Also @anon74641759, Payday just has a very rough start for new players. It’s the product of years of updates and trying to keep up with a community that wants a more challenging game, and the original Lv 40 cap has become a Lv 100 system with 25 levels of Prestige resets. Perks are far more valuable than they used to be, and unfortunately the game really just doesn’t open up until you’ve reached around Lv 35-50. If you ever change your mind on the game though, it has a great VR version that I’d love to play co-op while getting my own level back up to something that can take on Overkill again (just went Infamous/Prestiged again).

4 Likes

Yeah, I trust you when you say that it gets a lot better later on. I simply can’t stand games that have me run through 5h of trash gameplay to finally see the heart of the game, I could spend that same time on something I know I enjoy, so I very likely won’t waste any more time on P2.
Payday 1 also was fun from the start, I don’t get how the same devs could mess up the intro this badly.

4 Likes

I am rather curious what it is about Shadow Warrior that you consider so bad.

5 Likes

I played Demon Souls for the first time around six months ago. It was my first souls game (and still is as I haven’t yet tried any of the Dark Souls series) and all I knew about it was that it was hard. And yes, I did find it very impenetrable, but having gone through the manual several times (not much help) I just tried to get on with it…Vagrant Story had a similarly complex set up too and I rank that as one of my favourite games of all time so I knew I had to persevere.

In the end I really enjoyed it, although some levels took me far longer than perhaps I’d have liked…I actually ran through the game twice in succession just to see both endings.

Do the Dark Souls/Bloodbourne games make significant improvements in explaining things or does the same argument apply to them too?

1 Like

Well, tbh am focusing on the remakes which look like shit feces, play like shit playable feces and give me a headache.

1 Like

Dark Souls def. doesn’t give a shit does not care about explaining you anything either. Never played Demon Souls, but DS 1 and 2 both just let you dangle in darkness lol

2 Likes

Well those seem very subjective reasons that I fail to recognise the source of at all. Shadow warrior 2013 is one among my top favourite games. I think it looks great even to this day. It played without fault in my opinion, it was a very welcome return to the old shooters of the 90s that I had been longing for for a decade.

I found the combat fluid and entertaining up until the very end and I think it is probably the best first person melee combat I’ve ever experienced. Even the story, though you only really get any of the depth of it until the very end, was interesting and satisfying.

I could go on and on talking about every aspect I found so appealing so I was surprised to see someone think so poorly of it and still find myself curious as to why.

4 Likes

@DownwardConcept System Shock 2 has a more streamlined interface, you should try that one.

Destiny is a pretty popular game and it’s hands down the worst on-line experience I’ve ever had with a game. PvP is a mess, laggy beyond belief. PvE has potential, but ultimately squandered.
To be fair, Destiny got better with every DLC, but then came Destiny 2 to wipe all progress made and now it’s back to square one, the dark age of vanilla.

sry @CptMold I did’t mean to reply, #MobileIssues

1 Like

You probably are just feeling those nostalgia moments, I don’t like the original doom and I don’t enjoy the first 3D duke nukem either.
The graphics in the remake are just bloom turned up to 9000% and everything looks cheaply artifical. The gunplay feels as crappy bad as it did in the 90s and the story is non existent if you don’t play further than the first hour. It literally gave me a headache and even tho I play SO MANY DIFFERENT shooters and RPGs, this wasn’t enjoyable to me in the slightest.
The fact that they also gifted this objectively stupidest pos bad game they coulda gifted to me, Viscera Cleanup detail, a game about cleaning up bloody red disgusting messes, did not improve upon that :nauseated_face:

1 Like

no man’s sky is a good game.

destiny is a bad game.

dark souls are also good games.

Edit: Demon souls IS indeed bad at telling any story whatsoever, A fair point was made.

candy crush is a bad game, yet the most popular on the Iphone market.

there’s my opinion.

My personal favourite games ever are Bluestinger and Metal gear solid games (past 1 before survive, yes I liked 5) I guess.

1 Like

I think it’s a little unfair to assume @Fraggles is just feeling “nostalgia” moments. I played the remake version of Shadow Warrior and it was honestly just a good time from start to finish.

This, to me, does not look cheaply artificial. It’s definitely a colorful and dream-like art-style, but it doesn’t look bad in the least (in my opinion). Sorry that you didn’t enjoy Shadow Warrior but I think it’s unfair to dismiss anyone who likes the game and tell them that “nostalgia” is the only reason they like it.

5 Likes

Rocket League. Hands down. The introduction of loot boxes has made them a ton of money, but I can’t stop playing it or throwing money at them. I reached 200+ hours recently and I’m still not good at the game.

It’s bad and popular.

2 Likes

how is rocket league bad? how? HOW? AAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH

If i were to impersonate @Fraggles for a moment; i’d say it’s the The Mark of the Ninja of sports games, rofl.

2 Likes

hey look, my milk has become sentient… Progress!

2 Likes

don’t tell them i’m yours yet, it just isn’t the right time

2 Likes

Yeah I didn’t feel it was worth re-engaging with that. Also graphical settings can be changed. If you feel things are too bright and vibrant your gpu drivers have options that can tone things down if you so desire, one of the great benefit of PC gaming.

Thanks for the back up.

3 Likes

Wink-animated-gif

1 Like

Life is Strange has to be the worst for me. I was excited when it was first announced because it looked good and I still like the art style. The gameplay is totally fine too. But man the story and the characters, I just hate it all and it was a pain to get through. I don’t know if I’ve ever forced myself through a game I’ve disliked so much.
I later got ep1 free somewhere on steam and it’s the only game I’ve gone out of my way to remove.

3 Likes

What makes it even worse is that Ark is not even in early access anymore, yet still plays like it is. And the devs had to nerve to double the price, and release a paid DLC during EA. Hands down worst game/devs ever IMO

2 Likes

I felt the same way with Oxenfree, guess just not my kind of games.

1 Like