World in Conflict *Complete Edition* FREE (Uplay) (Closed) :/

hey guys, Ubisoft is making a new giveaway :3 ; in the link is free trial, but I believe it is forever ever :stuck_out_tongue:

https://freetrial.ubisoft.com/promotions/wic/12

5 Likes

Forever yours indeed. This is phenomenal! World in Conflict is one of the best and most unique real time strategy/tactics games ever. I say that as someone who doesnā€™t usually like the classic RTS all too much because of how restrictive and clunky to control they are. But, World in Conflict is different. Itā€™s as easily controllable as a first person shooter with a completely free and unlocked camera that allows for breathtaking views of the battlefield as well as all the control over your troops you may want. Also, Iā€™ve had great fun with the campaign, which is extremely varied and very well presented. Touching, too, if maybe a bit too overly dramatised and hollywood-esque at times.

The Complete Edition includes the add-on Soviet Assault with a new campaign, which I never got to play so far. Terrific! Thanks!

2 Likes

Assassins Creed:Black Flag is free next week from ubiā€™ too.

3 Likes

Hi Five. At least I got it relatively cheaplyā€¦ :frowning:

I got Black Flag on launch days, hehe
You guys enjoy

1 Like

Iā€™ll try World in Conflict, but I think iā€™m more excited to finally get Black Flag!

1 Like

I try to claim these freebies whenever ubisoft gives them away but Iā€™m unlikely to ever play them. Just in case they one day decide to scrap uplay and just let you play the games, or and I realise this sounds like insane flights of fancy, uplay becomes a useful, unobtrusive and functional client.

4 Likes

Assassinā€™s Creed IV is now available.

7 Likes

@Fraggles Iā€™d say uPlay already is that. I just donā€™t have problems with it, ever. Downloads are fast, it loads quickly, its interface is tolerable, overall itā€™s just a completely functional client and Iā€™ve had no problem playing any of my games on the platform.

1 Like

Iā€™ve had download problems, probably because they donā€™t have localized servers over here or have ultra garbage ones. Then again, Iā€™ve only played a few selection of uplay-required games and just the singleplayer because Iā€™m not interested in multiplayer for those games. And I donā€™t really care or tried the other services they offer as a client.

P.S.: I havenā€™t logged in over a year, so things could have improved (?).

2 Likes