WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe [Giveaway]

Got 8 days to get it. Like usual, do NOT update.

18 Likes

Thanks @delenn13 :sparkles: :dizzy: :sparkles:

3 Likes

100% Quliaty Reserved

Oh, the irony! :laughing:

5 Likes

That is SO funny! :sunglasses: :nerd_face: :smirk: :weary:

In fact I can see now why you picked your user name, good 'ol "sense-of-humor "

3 Likes

I was wondering which Chronie would pick that up. I was really guessing @M00 :crazy_face:

4 Likes

I always thought the pun in my nickname was fairly obvious, but I’m surprised by how often it gets Lost in Cyberspace! :grin:

4 Likes

I did wonder about the letters in your nickname that you capitalized. The only thing I can think of is maybe HMR stands for “Heavy Metal Rock”? :sunglasses:

3 Likes

They are indeed significant but you’re not meant to be able to figure that one out. It has a personal history that stretches back to the days of ICQ, if anyone here even knows what that was. :laughing:

4 Likes

I am sure @markwr knows as do I and there are a few others that should know…

4 Likes

I used some form of IRC a long time ago, but I don’t think it was ICQ. :nerd_face:

3 Likes

ICQ was among the first (if not the first) Instant Messengers… more of a successor to IRC.
But you still get some credit for having used IRC at all. :grin:

2 Likes

It’s “new” see :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But nah i never used it back then i was still a kid or somethin

3 Likes

For some reason I can still remember my UIN, but not what I had for dinner 2 nights ago. I also still use IRC, what do I get for that?

2 Likes

There you go… a like! :heart:

Edit: Hmm… anyone else having trouble replying to posts after the recent site update? Replies aren’t marked as such on the main page sometimes but when I attempt to edit, they do appear to have registered as replies.

3 Likes

Yeah, this application from Israel is surprisingly still around in some form after multiple changes of ownership. I read it had a massive usage spike in Hong Kong recently after the Whatsapp privacy fracas.

Now I’m tempted to check if I can reactivate my account a couple of decades after last logging in. :thinking:

3 Likes

I ran 5 IRC channels back in the 90’s. I had 2 #beginner channels(we taught people how to use IRC) and then I also had 3 #babylon5 channels. We also programmed and paid for a bot.

5 Likes

You get extra credit for running an IRC channel. :slightly_smiling_face:
What did your bot do? I don’t recall bots doing much beyond offering help with commands back then.

3 Likes

Now you’ve just got me nostalgic for early 00s IRC…

I don’t imagine delenn was involved with that, but download bots were a huge thing! You’d whisper a command to a bot or pop it into chat and it would start a file transfer to you. For some bots you’d get the commands from the channel topic, but many had elaborate menus you could navigate.

Game bots, while less common, were also around, with text-based games like Hangman and number-guessing games.

4 Likes

It played games with you, talked to you, helped you learn IRC and the best part. It could kick/ban in 7 different languages on all 5 of my channels. It was the best protection for 100 a year. I even “taught” it a few words in Minbari.

3 Likes

Didn’t have connectivity at home as a late 90s teen, so I had to visit a buddy’s place to dabble in IRC (fringe benefit: his mom was a great cook!). I guess I was too busy trying to figure out what “asl” meant to use all those sophisticated features. :grin:
By the time I had a breezy 56K modem to myself, it was the age of IMs and early social networks (Orkut, anyone?).

2 Likes