WinX DVD Copy Pro Free at Bits Du Jour

Got about 17 hrs left for the giveaway! Can’t beat this deal. I had 5 DVDs, that I couldn’t use…After using this, 2 worked. Not bad for a $50.00 program that I got for free.

After you purchase WinX DVD Copy Pro it may be used indefinitely.
WinX DVD Copy Pro is licensed per computer, and not per user.
Each license allows installation on a single computer and a laptop.
Transfer of a license to another owned computer is not allowed.
This promotion cannot be used to upgrade or extend an existing license.
You must install/register the software within 7 days, and cannot do so afterwards.
Upgrades to future versions of the software will require additional payment. Installing a new version may overwrite the existing version and invalidate your license key.

Make backup copies of your DVD movies
Enjoy flawless digital copies with no loss in quality
Create disc clones, copy movies to ISO images, or rip to MPEG format
Enjoy compatibility with all region codes and copy protection systems
Back up movies even if the disc is worn, dirty, scratched, or slightly cracked
After you purchase you will receive a download link to install the software
Download available for: Windows 98, NT, 2000, 2003, XP, Vista (32 & 64 bit), Windows 7 (32 & 64 bit), Windows 8/8.1 (32 & 64 bit), Windows 10 (32 & 64 bit) (Note: For DVD Burning, Windows Vista or higher is recommended. The installing of kb932716 package is required for Windows

4 Likes

Aren’t all the movies we purchase DRM secured? A k a we can’t copy them and/or it is illegal to do so?

Disclaimer: BITS DU JOUR WILL CREATE AN ACCOUNT FOR YOU IF CLICK “BUY” AND THEY DON’T LET YOU DELETE IT BY YOURSELF.

4 Likes

In certain Countries, they are allowed to make one copy.

I remember when Vista came out, and my next door neighbour MADE a video of his daughter’s wedding. And MS/Vista would NOT let him make a copy of the video he had made. I had to use this…

So It’s up to YOU…What you use this for.:thinking:

5 Likes

Do you have an account at Humble??? Steam??? GOG??? Fanatical??? Indie Gala??? Or Chrono??? Why aren’t you deleting them???

2 Likes

you are allowed to backup your digital files, just not to redistribute them
the exact specifics, (and the devil is in the details), vary country by country
-which is also why they have this

^doesn’t cover “all” individual countries 100% ofc
edit: also mind you, this changes/will likely change over the years, as copyright, digital commonplace, “rights”/laws gets constantly challenged or “updated”/downgraded
what would be illegal or legal today, -might be the opposite “tomorrow” :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

The difference is that

• I CHOSE to create accounts for these services, bits du jour does never asks you if you wanna create one, it simply does it once you accept one of their free or paid offers
  • I use said services on the regular, bits du jour has nothing to offer me in form of a permanent service, I want the free software, I download it and I’ll likely never visit their site again until the next interesting offer and even if I were to get a new PC, I likely wouldn’t care enough about any of the rather gimmicky programs I got from them to revisit the site, log in and redownload it
  • most other if not all services let you delete your account on your own, even Facebook, Twitter and IG make it easy for the user, bits du jour requires you to send them a mail

true, forgot about different laws, forbidden for me

2 Likes

I give up!. They are a software store. They store all the items you buy or get for free. I can go all the way back to 2012 for my purchases and giveaways. They may be a gimmick to you but they aren’t to me. I enjoy using 50.00 software if I can. So each to their own…"Mr I can delete it I want " person. :roll_eyes::crazy_face:

2 Likes

But they create the account WITHOUT my consent. That’s really the biggest issues about it. If they had given me a button “Purchase this software for 0.00$ and create a bits du jour-account” then I would just have given the offer a pass, but they didn’t and so I had to contact them to delete what I never asked for.

1 Like

So you were looking for some button, instead of reading the legalese that I am sure gave them permission Or there would be others like you with your pitchforks since 2012…or later??? I am not seeing anyone else complain…Here or On the BDJ site…

1 Like

No, I wasn’t looking for a button, it gave me the following

Click to download free software :)

We created an account for you, but you can’t delete it :slight_smile:

I simply want a correctly labeled button and the ability to easily delete an unwanted account as it is required by law (doesn’t have to be easy, but again, even FB, Twitter & IG make it easy for you to get rid of an acc).

Okay, seriously, nigh nobody reads the legal docs and you know that. Websites, software etc. may be required to provide their TOS and policies etc, but that doesn’t mean that the average consumer is expected to read the legalese of every website or whatever they sign up to, it’s not meant to be designed that way. A good company uses these documents to protect themselves, not to hide matters from the consumer.

First, me being the only one you know who complains about this practice of a small company doesn’t magically render my complaint null.
There are a couple scenarios which could explain why nobody (who you know) complained about this.
Some probably didn’t notice that they created an account at all and some others might have assumed they overlooked something (I personally double checked before clicking purchase). I guess the most likely case is that about (wild guess) 95% of people don’t care how many accounts they have…just like wt their personal data. I mean look at how many dubious things FB did and still their user numbers are growing like crazy.

Bits du jour isn’t exactly widely known, so it’s not insane to assume almost nobody besides me cared about it so far. I guess nobody complained about their unpleasant forums yet either, doesn’t mean it doesn’t have a flawed design.

You know, everybody can have their own thoughts towards this, I don’t mind you or anybody else using their service happily, I simply critizised them for what clearly is a questionable practice and I don’t know why you feel the need to defend them. Is it cause you bought a lot from them? Because they gifted you a coffee cup?
I don’t have any pitchforks here, I simply warn likeminded ones, what’s so bad about this?

2 Likes

i get your grievance, sort of, and all i can say, if you want “free” stuff, just get used to creating dummy accounts… makes life simpler these days

and regardless, online data is always stored “somewhere” despite everything…
only way to completely avoid it would be to never go “digital” :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Oh am aware of that, but keeping it to a minimum is my digital credo. ^^

3 Likes