Which is the best pop-tart (this is very important)

I dont realty like pop tarts so im neutral.

4 Likes

what the hell is a pop tart

7 Likes

Essentially a sweet pastry. A very American thing, often eaten for breakfast. The pop-tart brand in particular is known for having a huge variety of flavours.

4 Likes

Oh. Is it very sugary? Do you just eat them by themselves for breakfast? Are there any kind of whole-wheat pop tarts? Genuinely curious.

It just looks likeā€¦ crackers with sugar to me haha Iā€™ll have to try them one day! Havenā€™t seen them at the big imports store nearby, sadly.

4 Likes

No itā€™s pretty much JUST sugar. Itā€™s a baked sugar crust with a flavoured sugar filling and to top it off you add some sugar frosting. The idea of having things like these for breakfast is insane.

6 Likes

but but but image

:rofl:

6 Likes

wait @Vandem just told me you put them in a toaster to eat them?

guys this is getting more and more grotesque by the secondā€¦ :nauseated_face:

3 Likes

Thatā€™s why you call themā€¦ POP Tarts :heart_eyes::sunglasses::star_struck:

And they are pretty grossā€¦Most of themā€¦anyways. Been years since i had one.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve only ever had Strawberry, so I canā€™t be objective. :stuck_out_tongue: Theyā€™re okay, but a bit too much on the super sweet side sometimes.

3 Likes

only ones I really like are the chocolate. Iā€™ve still got a soft spot for them

@coralinecastell yeah you can put them in the toaster or you can just eat them cold. theyā€™re pretty good both ways. In my opinion, the fruit ones are not good when heated but the chocolate fudge one is better heated.

Iā€™d say its worth trying at least once, but thatā€™s my opinion with almost any food item, so take that as you will.

5 Likes

I used to love Pop-Tarts as a kid, it was basically eating candy. I didnā€™t really eat them for breakfast though, it was usually a snack when I wanted something sweet. I ate them not toasted for a long time before I tried toasting, and the first time it was so hot that I sat there drinking my milk and not eating the Pop-Tart.

I hadnā€™t had these things for about 7-8 years and I had felt the need to try one recently. I got a box of @Vindaceā€™s favorite, the Frosted Chocolate Fudge kind, toasted it and felt that it was way too sweet compared to my recollection. My wife and I are both chocolate lovers, so we thought it was going to be the best choice for us. But it wasnā€™t so. So my wife and I now have a box of Frosted Chocolate Fudge Pop-Tarts sitting around not sure what to do with them.

5 Likes

Throw them in a fire pit and make an offering to Elmo. :fire:

5 Likes

Well, I hate wasting food, but this will be a very serious consideration. :smiley:

We do have a firepit in the backyard, so itā€™s a real possibility.

6 Likes

I think pop-tarts are prettyā€¦ :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting: but the only one I could tolerate was the cinnamon one, so Iā€™m going to vote for that one.

4 Likes

I donā€™t see any food being wasted here, just sugar being toasted for our lord and savior. :fire:

3 Likes

The sweet thing is definitely a legit issue. Itā€™s super sugary. I donā€™t know whatā€™s with them in particular thats one of the few really sugary things Iā€™ve always been able to eat. Just be careful cause I imagine the sugar (and whatever else is in them) in those will burn something fierce when thrown into a fire!

3 Likes

I remember the commercials when they first came out. They were touted as a ā€œHOT nutritious breakfast with a glass of milkā€. LOL :joy::joy::joy::joy::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Never seen this stuff in my life actually :smiley:

EDIT : it kind of rings a bell, the name, but it somehow is tied to USA in my head,i must heard that name in that context i guess.

5 Likes

4 Likes

Iā€™m at the store and they have

• hot fudge sundae
  • Red white and blueberry
  • Cupcake
  • Strawberry
  • Brown sugar cinnamon
  • Sā€™mores
  • Cookies and Cream
  • Blueberry
  • Raspberry