Back to Today's Deal

What's your opinion on review bombing?

Yes, I see no problem with that. As long as that is their stated reason. We’ve seen plenty of games “journalists” give developers a real hard time because they don’t agree with their political ideas over the years, which they’re allowed to do and I’m making the choice not to listen to them.

For the vast majority of people forced into it.

yet u think Steam should take their reviews into account for Steam’s review system and not have a choice in the matter…

now im just gonna focus on my deadline guys

Metacritic does.

Valve already stopped this. The more helpful votes you make, the less it matters. It’s trivial at first, then as you keep going you eventually reach negligible levels.

That’s also why the number of downvotes no longer shows up.

Ah, i see. I wonder what the counter-action will be. Thank you for letting me know.

We shall see. In the words of Jeff Goldblum:

Life, uh, finds a way.

“Alaskan Polar Bear Heaters!”

Unsurprising I just read that the Borderlands boss is happy about the move concerning their reviews. Yes, now they get to be on a platform where people can’t voice their complaints (or anything) and potential buyers can’t make informed opinions off of other buyers.

And yet making reviews about your shitty games or business practices is the misuse, not moving to a platform that disallows user reviews after a large money bag was thrown at you. These people are so god damn pathetic when it comes to the money they want to earn. :joy:

“Ironically, that this misuse is possible and that Steam has no interest in correcting this misuse makes me kind of happy about 2K’s decision and makes me want to reconsider Gearbox Publishing’s current posture on the platform,” he said on Twitter.

What the review bombers need to do now is find a new way to review these games and developers and make their games and decisions suffer for it, since Steam is silencing them and the new platform has no way to voice yourself. I’m confident they will do it. Reddit will play a part, I’m sure of it.