What was the first console / system you first ever played?

For me it was either Intellivison or Atari 2600.

For some reason the Intellivision really sticks out though. I can vividly remember playing SNAFU, Frog Bog, Thunder Castle and BurgerTime. I remember watching my Dad play B-17 Bomber and Bomb Squad with the Voice Synthesis Module, Advanced Dungeons and Dragons, and Tron.

The only thing I remember with Atari 2600 - Frogger, Pigs in Space, Snoopy and the Red Baron, and Cookie Monster Munch.

I luckily still have my collection, and at least with the Atari I can use a Sega Genesis controller :slight_smile:

15 Likes

sega master system

11 Likes

Uh probably the Game Boy, PS1 or a good old PC.

9 Likes

Atari 2600

12 Likes

Master System

12 Likes

Atari 2600 with this gem

10 Likes

My brother’s Sega Genesis Model 2 & SNES. & My first handheld was a Gameboy Advance in pink & my first console i ever owned was the Original Xbox.

8 Likes

PC, I remember the Abe’s games, Little Big Adventure 2 and playing with MS Paint like… painting everything black and then effusively erase it or just scribble around (I did that a lot so I’m counting it)

7 Likes

The first console I’ve ever played was the Atari 2600. But I was only a few years old and didn’t know what I was doing. I consider the NES to be the first console I really played.

9 Likes

I have fond memories of playing Roller Coaster Tycoon 1 on an old family pc - although I’m not sure if that was before I got a gameboy color. Console-wise, it would be the Gamecube. Man, there were so many great games for the Gamecube.

7 Likes

That was the best part of playing Super Pitfall for SNES, when you were able to go into that secret area to play this!

6 Likes

PC here, Cluefinders and Oregon Trail 2. Never actually used a console before :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

PC.

Wii for consoles.

Vi-Tech for handhelds, if that counts lol.

6 Likes

Duck Hunt on the NES

6 Likes

ZX Spectrum - Fond memories of this -

and first console was this. Pong 'til I die.

Disclaimer - I am not ancient. The Bingo TVG-203 Pong machine was a raffle prize.

9 Likes

PC, with Warcraft: Orcs & Humans and LOOM.

Got my first console (second hand DS Lite) two years ago. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Not sure of the first console I played, something in an arcade I suppose. That was when arcades were more popular for me than consoles in the family, nobody else had one. First console I played on at home was NES.

6 Likes

Dang, I feel like a baby in this thread. The first console I played was N64, but the first one that was mine was GBA. Fondest memories are with a friend’s GameCube though, we used to play Sonic Adventure DX even though we never left the first stage lmao. Good times.

6 Likes

A good old laptop, I remembered the struggle to just connect to the public internet to access any browser games :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

There was a pong console too, but there are so many and I can’t recall specific details.

7 Likes