What are your TOP 5 best purchases?

For me are these:

1. Humble Bundle Rockstar bundle 12,6€ Max Payne 1,2,3 + GTA III, San Andreas, IV + Bully
2. Humble Bundle WB Games Classics Bundle 1€ Shadow of Mordor + Batman Arkham Origins + Scribblenauts
3. Origin winter sale Battlefield 3 Premium edition 7,5€ BF3 with all DLCs
4. Green man gaming summer sale DOOM (2016) 5,33€ + 5 extra games for free including Gas Guzzlers and End Times: Vermintide
5. Fanatical Alien Breed trilogy 1,89€ Alien Breed 1,2,3

PS:Wow I can code in HTML in the forum… but only a bit.

8 Likes

There are too many games that I absolutely love and can’t throw in a 1 - 5 list. I’ll just put some down as they come to my head.

Skyrim
Bad company 2
Battlefield 3
Battlefield 4
Battlefield 1
Battlefield Hardline (I for one loved this game and thought it was underrated)
Red dead redemption
Red dead redemption 2
Detroit become human
Heavy rain
Dying light
Uncharted collection
Saints row 3
Horizon zero dawn
LA Noir
Mario kart 7
Mario kart 64
Spider-Man PS4
The Witcher 3
Human Fall flat
Fat Princess
Grand theft auto 5
Mafia 2
Destiny 2
A way out
Lego Batman The Video Game
Lego Star Wars the Complete Saga
Lego City Undercover
Driver 3 (It is a crap game but I was really young when I played it so I loved it)

There’s probably more but off the top of my head that’s all I’ve got. I know what you’re thinking, “All that off the top of your head?!” Yeah, I got a great memory when it comes to things I truly love. Also, it is truly amazing how much more you enjoy video games as a kid. I think it’s because it’s a new experience and you don’t really know much about it so you’ll have fun with anything. For example, I used to love helping my mom and dad clean up but then as I got older I realized how boring it was and hated doing it. Now If I play Driver 3 I can’t stand it. Visuals controls gameplay everything is just bad.

4 Likes

I’m assuming here but i think the goal of this thread is not to list yr top 5 games but rather the 5 best deals u’ve had in yr opinion while buying games, so the (possibly subjective and as perceived by u) value for money while buying the game listed as a top 5 of greatest instances

4 Likes

Around 200 games to list so yeaa… The rest are still good tho

Only once bought a game for 15$ which ain’t my cup of tea… But never again…

2 Likes

All of the games in my list there are games I got for great prices or I believe were worth the full price. @M00

4 Likes

My best (as in: most enjoyable) purchases would be:

• Bloodborne (PS4):
    The first and only game that made me feel uncomfortable just because of it’s atmosphere.
    I felt sad about finishing it. Truly a masterpiece.

• The Witcher 3 + dlc (PS4):
    Maybe a generic answer, i know. But still one of my fav games.

• Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (PS3):
    Personally my favourite Battlefield game to date.

• The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (PC):
    Better than Skyrim

• An R4 flashcart for my nintendo DS
    Being able to play Castlevania on the go is awesome.

4 Likes

Best purchases, that’s going to be hard but maybe

1. Probably my i5-3570K this thing has chugged along for near 8 years now and it’s still handling everything I’ve needed it to. I have not even had to overclock it yet and it was pretty affordable to boot.

2. OBH Nordica Hercules Chilli 6684 kitchen machine - This thing has been a brilliant addition to my kitchen and helped me bake an awful lot of bread, it’s a joy to use every time and it’s so pretty.

3. Sennheiser HD558 - Best pair of headphones I’ve ever owned. Got them a long time ago now, when Sennheiser was somewhat new on the market. They’re a lot more expensive these days.

4. Game Boy - Old original brick of a thing, first video game item I ever purchased. Saved my money and worked a long time to afford it myself at some point in the early 90s.

5. Slay the spire or Darksouls 3 - If we’re talking just money and hours spent then DS3 has more hours but costed more. Slay the spire was a good bit cheaper but I can’t be arsed to do the math. There are games I’ve spent more time in I’m sure, but I didn’t buy many of those.

8 Likes

These are excellent, especially with the small “mod” that most people do. I still use them a lot as my secondary headphones, main being the old 600s.

3 Likes
Game Where How Much
The Curse of Monkey Island, physical copy Thrift shop BRL 2
Kentucky Route Zero Steam 50% off
Zork, all floppy disks My dad's game stash FREE
The Curse of Monkey Island Steam, on my exact birthday Full price
The Hadsome Collection Steam 98% off

How to make a table. :blush:

4 Likes